32

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

Hell had a new leader. She emanated power and authority. There was no need to announce her arrival to her new kingdom for all knew of her existence. She stood tall and proud at her bedroom balcony, overlooking the burning world that she had control over. The wind swept through her hair, tangling it behind her and the red sun glared down at her and everything in sight.

Her chaotic plans were now in motion after a week of being reborn. Sora was a clever woman and calculating. Demons were being unleashed strategically on the human world. One and a time at first, mindlessly appearing in the humans’ view. But Sora had more to come.

“Kai!” she called. Shuffling feet followed and soon the said demon appeared. It was unwise to keep Sora waiting. A stoic expression was on his face but his eyes were irritated and angry.

He felt humiliated. His job was pathetic and considered to be low class. Kai was known by most as he was one of the best, yet here he was serving and tending to petty jobs like fetching Sora’s shoes.

He still had yet to find Chen and Aria; worry was growing on him the more he thought of them. Were they even alive?

“Yes?” Kai answered, holding back an exasperated sigh.

“Yes what, Kai?” Sora asked in a patronising voice, keeping her eyes still on the view. Kai scowled lightly and swallowed down his pride.

“Yes, Empress?” he corrected himself. As much as he wanted to his this so called job as Sora’s errand boy to keep tabs on her, she could really push his buttons on some days.

“Order to send two rounds of winged demons. I want them in flight and seen,” Sora instructed, “And this time, bodily harm is permitted. No deaths just yet. Let the humans simmer in their fear.”

There was a dark amusement in her voice. Sora deemed the thought of the humans hopelessly panicking to be satisfactory. These moments made Kai nervous; this side to Sora was something he’s live without and wondered if it was always there.

“Consider it done, Empress,” he replied, emphasising her new titled with a bit of attitude. Sora raised her eyebrow at his tone and turned to face him.

Kai remained indifferent whilst Sora analysed him for a second. His face was familiar to her; she could never grasp from where she had seen him. There was a vacant spot in her mind but she couldn’t tell what was missing.

“I’d appreciate it, Kai, if next time you left out the attitude,” she reprimanded, holding her head high and daring to look him directly in the eye.

These moments were when Kai wanted nothing more but to kiss her. She was so exquisite and beautiful when she asserted her authority by squaring her shoulders, raising her chest and twisting her lips into a subtle smirk. He didn’t know how Sora would react if he did kiss her. Surely she would slap him; Kai had quickly realised a week ago that she had no recollection of him.

He bowed his head down once and threw a cheeky smirk on his lips. Sora flickered her eys down at them and then back at his eyes, her frown deepening.

“My apologies, Empress,” Kai said in a low voice.

Sora rolled her eyes. She often had difficulty to seem dominating over Kai due to the fact he was taller than her; he would often look down at her and create the most unnerving sensations in the pit of her stomach.

Kai was doing just that.

At that moments, he looked down at her intently, his eyes wavering from one feature to the other. He had no idea how it had happened but he found himself falling for Sora harder and harder as the days went by. It was frustrating having those feelings when Sora had no idea who he was or what they shared together.

“Are you done staring? I do recall that I set you a task,” Sora snapped, not liking the way Kai was looking at her. It seemed like he knew something she didn’t.

“Not quite,” Kai replied, forgetting to use honorifics, “I like looking at your face.”

Sora was astounded for a second and stood back away, realising the close proximity between them. Her eyes jumped to the side away from Kai’s lingering stares. Something was churning within her and setting her insides on fire.

She could hardly deny that Kai was good looking; he was definitely the most handsome demon she had come across.

She shook herself and tensed up, “Please do not act so casual around me. I am your leader and you shall respect that.”

Kai smirked. He had had enough of the titles and statuses between them. He was sick and tired of waiting for Sora to wake herself up from the daze she had. So he did what came natural to him. He strode forward and scooped her up in his arms.

He could care less of the consequences that would follow. If she couldn’t help herself, then he would have to do it for her.

“What are you—”

Sora’s complaints were muffled by smothering lips. Kai’s lips in fact. He crushed them against hers, fitting them perfectly. He didn’t have to wait long for her to react. She pulled down on his collar, kissing back with the same amount of vigour and hunger.

Kai shoved her against the balcony railing and continues his rough manipulations on his lips, intently on her bottom lip which she returned with teasing bites and nibbles on his.

Sora’s mind cleared up all of a sudden when she felt his cold hands creep up her clothes. She shoved him off and her hand rose to slap him across the cheek.

Kai rubbed his jaw but the pain was nothing compared to the satisfaction he felt at that moment. She had kissed him back just like she would have before.

“I don’t know what you’re playing at Kai, but I suggest you leave and do what I said if you want to keep this job and your life,” Sora threated, feeling the heat rise to her face and consume her entire body. She had lost control and delved into a world of lux and desire.

Kai just decorated his lips with a smug smile, “Of course, Empress.”

He bowed once and ventured out the room, leaving Sora to her thoughts.

Once he had left, Sora let out a shaky breath. Her fingers reached up to her worn lips and fiddled with them. She could still feel the sensation of Kai’s lips pressed against hers and his little tricks to toy with them. It was so familiar.

She took in a deep breath to compose herself.

Whatever had happened would not, could not happen again. She had a plan to follow through with and needed no distractions like Kai.

She would have to kill him when he returned. 


HULLOOOOO

I AM BAAACKKK!!

THANKS FOR WAITING!!

I KNOW IT'S NOT THE LONGEST CHAPTER BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO KEEP YOU WAITING STILL.

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT :DDD