28

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

All four sat around the small, square table that was lodges awkwardly in the kitchen area. Aria looked carefully between both Sora and Kai, wondering if they had a label or not, and whether that was a good thing. Chen stuck his bottom lip out, feeling very out of place with the silence around him. Sora was the first to speak up.

She cleared and straightened her back, “So, do we have a plan of some sort?”

They shared looks between them and when no one suggested a single idea, Aria sighed. Her veil was off so it was clear to everyone that she was tired after being locked in a cell, as well as fed up.

“I do have one proposal,” Aria offered, seeing as no one else would, “We attack.”

Her simple instruction was full of force and power. Though it was one thing to say it, but how would they go about doing it.

“Don’t hold back on the details,” Chen commented with sarcasm, earning a sneer from Aria. She looked back at her entire audience and continued.

“Satan will be livid now. The fourth child is still missing and his only aid, Chen and myself, are gone too. It’s going to another couple of days before he can find us, and trust me he will.” She explained. Sora nodded, getting an understanding of where Aria’s idea was heading.

“So we have a window of opportunity,” Sora said aloud, with Aria nodding to confirm.

“Exactly that. You need to understand Sora that once he gets his hands on you, the prophecy will be fulfilled in a matter of hours, even seconds. All he needs to do is kill you.” Aria warned. Sora chewed on her lip, feeling a sense of dread and nervousness, knowing that death could be just around the corner. She felt a comforting hand rest on her knee.

Kai squeezed her leg as assurance and smiled at her. She managed to return a shake smile before enquiring more.

“What’s the result of this prophecy, you know, if I do die,” Sora asked.

Aria gave a look of sympathy and tried to find the words to explain everything to Sora in a way that wouldn’t scare her.

“They say that, once you die, meaning that all four of Satan’s children will be dead. Not only does Satan live on, he does so for all eternity. That can’t happen, Sora. I’ve seen things that are so horrifying; I would never forgive myself if I stood by and let the future unfold to it.” Aria trailed off, looking down at her fidgeting fingers.

“But how are we four, going to overcome Satan and his army?” Kai finally spoke.

Everyone faltered.

He was right. They were only four individuals who were planning to take on thousands of loyal warriors and guards, and then the powerful being named Satan. It was a suicide mission.

“I think,” Chen began, “I think I may know how.”

All heads turned to Chen. There was a playful little smile on his lips; he was already feeling the thrill of what would happen in a few hours. He was sure his plan would work.

 

The following morning, all four prepared. Aria had stayed half the night to ready several vanquishing potions and revising her spells. Chen was gearing up and picking on Aria once more in the early morning, whilst Kai took Sora to one side.

“Hey,” He greeted in a low voice as if they hadn’t seen each other. Sora smiled and say hey back.

“You alright?” He asked.

She nodded, biting down on her lip to prevent a traitorous words betraying her and revealing how terrified she was. Kai looked at her hard, knowing that she was lying. He sighed and pulled her into his embrace, her face buried in the crook of his neck. He heard a tiny sniff and something wet dampen his skin.

Sora pulled back and dried off the stray tears, “I don’t even know why I’m crying.”

Kai cupped her cheeks and lowered his head to claim her lips softly. His caresses were slow and meaningful, setting off a chain of flutters within the pits of her stomach.

“Don’t be scared. I’ll be with you the entire way.” Kai said strongly. Sora sniffed once more and nodded, drying her cheeks with the sleeves of her clothes.

“You promise?” She asked in a small voice. She looked so vulnerable in his hold and wanted nothing more to ease her mind. He wished they had met differently in another life, another alternate universe where Hell wasn’t the source of every problem.

“I promise. I’ll never leave your side.” Kai reassured, pushing her head back into his chest and holding her a while longer before they really had to go.

When they were all finally ready to transport to Hell, they stood huddled in the centre of the room. Sora clutched onto Kai’s hand for support and Chen and Aria went over their formulised plan again.

“So remember, we do nothing until we are certain the spell has worked,” Aria reminded, “It spell should put the warriors in a deep sleep long enough for us to take out Satan.”

Aria had cleverly remembered that Satan had only one breed of warriors which made it so much easier to find a spell that would wipe that single obstacle out.

“And then Chen and Kai will infiltrate and meet me in the Throne room.” Aria finished.

“Hold up,” Sora interrupted, “What about me?”

There was a tense silence between them and Sora raised an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation. Kai decided he would take the assault of Sora’s possible anger, “We all think you should stay hidden outside the palace. It’s not safe.”

Sora scowled, “But I can help!”

Kai gave out an exasperated sigh, “No, it’s too dangerous and your powers haven’t exactly matured yet.”

“Er, yes they have!” Sora exclaimed, “You just weren’t there to see it.”

“And whose fault is that?” Kai retorted. He took in a deep breath when he saw the flash of hurt cross Sora’s face, “Listen, it would be a lot easier for my conscience knowing that you’re away from all the danger.”

“Wait, what powers are we talking about here?” Aria asked with a confused expression. Sora turned to her and quickly explained, “There was a time in London where someone knocked on my apartment door. They said they could smell Satan’s blood in me and they next thing I know, I burnt the thing into ashes with my hands.”

“Bloodhounds.” Aria commented. She vaguely described what they were when she picked up on Sora’s puzzlement, “They smell out the blood in their prey and feed on them. But this changes things. Maybe we could use Sora’s help.”

Sora grinned triumphantly and looked at Kai. Her smile wavered when she saw the sceptic look on his face. He took in a deep breath before agreeing reluctantly. Few more details were discussed  and then it was time.

Kai still held Sora’s hand and looked at her.

“Ready?” He voiced only for her to hear.

She looked up at him with larger worried eyes, “No.”

He leaned over and pressed his lips on her forehead, “I’m with you, okay.”

She nodded and before long, they were transported to the hot, rusty plains of Hell, with Satan’s glorious palace in sights.


 

BTS of Her Demon

 

Kai: *whispers* We're getting ready to surprise Chen, everyone.

Sora: How many candles did you put on there?

Aria: Thirty-five

Kai/Sora: *WTF*

Aria: What? He was being rude to me yesterday so now it's my turn. 

Kai: Anyway, quick, hide, Chen's coming!

K/S/A: *hides*

Chen: *whistles* Oh, what's that? Cake? Score! *starts muching* 

K/S/A: SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Chen: *mouth full of cake* Oh hey guys.  *gulps* What's going on?

Sora: It's you're birthday...?

Aria: Yeah, hence the cake idiot!

Kai: Are you going to leave us any?

Chen: Birthday? *annoyed face* My birthday was yesterday, morons. God! You might as well bake me another cake to make up for the fact you forgot!

K/S/A: ...

 

^My failed attempt at being funny -.-

Happy Birthday to the wonderful Chen Chen, even though it was yesterday, Imma say it again.

THINGS ARE GONNA GET SERIOUS NEXT CHAPTER!! 

I've also planned a PART THREE to this fanfic! It's gonna be AWESOME!