25

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

“All done,” Sora muttered after she finished tending to the small burn on Kai’s cheek. She put back everything she used back in its original place. Kai gingerly the wound on his face, only to be scolded by Sora.

“Don’t touch it!” She slapped away his hand, “You might upset it some more!”

Kai rolled his eyes, “I’m a demon; what’s the worst that could happen to me?”

Sora glared at him for moment, “Hmm, I don’t know, you might die of infection.”

Kai sighed and lied down on the bed, feeling exhausted by everything that went on. He turned his head to see Sora awkwardly standing by the bed, twiddling with her thumbs and looking down. He grabbing a hold of her arm and pulled; Sora fell half on the bed, half on him.

Relaxing a little, Sora lied down next to him, resting her head on his chest with her fingers splayed across his broad shoulders.

“Kai,” She called. Kai’s eyes were shut but he was very much still awake, aware of the small hot breaths fanning over his chest and the light on his shoulder. He grunted in response.

“Did you...get to see the others? The other children of Satan?” Sora asked carefully, unsure of how to word her enquiry. She looked up at him and saw him frown a little.

He opened his mouth and closed it. A small sigh left his lips before he spoke, “I saw one. This was around a hundred years or so ago when Satan would make a spectacle about his triumphs. He looked only fifteen. Scared and pitiful.”

Sora looked away from Kai; she knew what happened next. The poor boy died and there was nothing that could have helped him. It wasn’t his or Sora’s fault that one half of their parent was an evil dictator.

Another question entered her head, “How old are you Kai?”

A deep chuckle emanated from him causing a rumble in his chest. “Old enough. I’m one thousand and fifty-six years old,” Kai said seriously. Sora’s eyes widened in alarm and she lifted her head up to look at him and check if he was joking or not.

“You can’t be!” She gasped. Kai laughed again, “Of course not! I’m a hundred and twenty-three years old.”

She frowned, “But what age are you with you know, your appearance?”

“Okay okay, twenty-two.”

Sora nodded and rested back onto his chest. His chest rose ever so slightly as he breathed, almost lulling her to a sleep, but she had more pressing questions she wanted answered.

“Kai, why are you helping me?” She asked quietly. There was no response immediately from Kai. Sora had assumed that he hadn’t heard her and scrunched up her face, not knowing what else to do. Or maybe he was blatantly ignoring the question.

She felt his fingers strands of  her silky hair, calming her down.

“Because I want to.” Kai replied finally. Sora let out a breath she had held within her. His answer disappointed her. She chastised with herself for thinking he would be able to come up with a heartfelt message about his undying love and loyalty towards her, “Right. Well, thanks I guess.”

She cringed even more when she heard her lame response leave her lips. Kai sniggered secretly under his breath.

“My turn to ask you a question,” he announced, “Where is your mother?”

Sora tensed for a moment before saying, “She died. I did my research as well, after I found out about who my father is. Mating with Satan slowly kills a woman. It’s like a disease except it creeps up on you, slowly eating away your organs with no evidence of it doing so. My mom just collapsed one day and she was dead.”

Kai held onto Sora a little tighter, turning himself to face her and shifting until he was face to face with her. His fingers held her chin in place and his thumb her bottom lip, leaving a tingling sensation warming her lips up.

“I freaking like you, alright, that’s why.” Kai mumbled in a low voice. Sora stared back at him dumbly and was very sure that her face had lit up in a variety of reds and pinks.

“Yah,” He said in a warning tone, “You better kiss me now after that.”

Sora giggled softly and sat up quickly, straddling him down on to the bed. Her palms were flat against his chest and her head lowered close to his. Kai moved her hair to one side before burying his fingers in her thick locks and pulling her closer till their lips touched.

 

Chen ruffled his hair in frustration. This Aria person was harder to find than he thought. He was in the centre of Hell where it was the busiest, with all the bustling demons and other sorts of mythical monsters. Holograms of Kai face were pinpointed here and there and a voice announcing the status of him.

“Kai is a threat to your leader, a threat to Hell and a threat to all of you. Anyone who has information on this traitor is to report to Satan. If not, the consequence will be death.”

Chen felt conflicted. Of course he wanted to help his friend but how would he even be able to do that with a death threat hanging over his head and the task of finding an invisible woman?

“You there! Halt!”

Chen’s head spun towards the voice. Three warriors with the royal seal were marching over to Chen. Before he could even make an escape, the warriors had captured him. He struggled violently and thrashed in their grip.

“Get off me!” He cried, trying to free his hands so he could conjure up a lethal surge to rid the warriors.

“Satan has direct orders for you to present yourself to him.” One warrior informed.

“You are to provide everything you know about Kai.” The other added.

Chen sighed in exasperation, recalling the last time he had been with Satan. 


tumblr_mr5xf7JA8L1qbafuno3_500.gif

 

 

HULLO EVERYONE!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING ♥