37

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

“Your stunt was nowhere near amusing,” Sora scolded sternly, her face a blank canvas, as she tossed the plate of food accented with the ridiculous herb. Aria stood with her eyes averted, not wanted to experience the cruel look in Sora’s eyes.

“I didn’t want it to be perceived as an insult, to you, Empress,” Aria defended. She attempted to reach for the plate and swept away the lock of herbs on the edge. She clutched the leaves in her palm till they were crushed. There was no need for them now, and wilted away they would only provide menace to her kitchen.

“That hardly sounded like an apology,” Sora spat. She took in a deep breath, feeling a wave of nausea rush through her head and a sickening churn in the pits of her stomach.

“I have dry crackers for the sickness,” Aria commented. Sora snapped her eyes at the other female and scowled.

“There is no sickness,” She hissed, only to feel another course of stirring in her guts. She rushed to the sink and grabbed a glass, filling it to the brim with ice cold water. She chugged down its contents swiftly, trying to ease the ache. She didn’t want Aria’s help.

“As of today,” Sora said through gritted teeth, “You will continue with your work with a weight chained to your feet. If you think you can make a mockery of me without consequences then you are mistaken!”

Aria pursed her lips, refusing to speak since it would only put her in a deeper hole.

Sora stormed out of the kitchen and returned to her chambers with a storm brewing in her head. She had left a sleeping Kai in her bed when she had decided to pay Aria a visit. The slamming of the door awoke Kai from his slumber. He lifted his head up from the pillow, eyes sleeping and hair mussed. His lips were swollen from all the kissing and his wore thin pink scratches.

Her fingers started to tremble. She could feel it. The control was slipping from her. What was she doing? She was half way through dominating the human world and she was spending her time with Kai. And not to mention she was harbouring another life within her.

“I...I want to be alone,” Sora managed to word. Kai frowned. Of course this would happen again.

He was getting tired of her immediate rejection and he was trying his best to not let it get to him, to understand that Sora wasn’t fully there yet. However, frankly, it was beginning to dim any hope he had left in him.

“Glad I could be of service, Empress,” Kai growled with insult, shamelessly standing up from the bed and getting dressed.

Sora bit the inside of her cheek to focus only on the pain she inflicted inside so that her mind was busy from feeling anything about Kai and the way his shoulders were instantly deflated. But even that wasn’t enough.

“I can’t give you what you want,” Sora informed. Kai scoffed, tossing his head back in false laughter.

“And what do you know about what I want, eh?” he challenged, anger evident across his face and eyes. They were darkening slowly; black ink swirling in to devour his brown eyes.

“I’m not stupid Kai,” Sora barked, before gesturing to her entire body with a wave of her hand, “This, this is just a body. In my head I am only an Empress. But I know you have something with what I was before this. Well, I can’t give you her! She doesn’t exist anymore!”

Kai stared for a second, letting her rant echo through the silence in his mind. He shook his head firmly, already denying her speech.

“No, you’re wrong. You’re wrong!” Kai yelled, taking a step forward towards her, “Sora, I know you’re in there. I’m right; why else would you know about this previous life? I can fix everything, if you would just let me!”

Sora sighed in exasperation and tugged at the roots of her hair, “I don’t want things fixed! This cannot be fixed! The transformation is done. I will only ever be known as Empress of Hell, and soon ruler of both Earth and Hell.”

Kai frowned further, “What did you say? Earth? What are you planning?”

Sora bit down on her bottom lip hard, cursing herself for letting such a thing slip out of .

“That is none of your concern, Kai,” Sora warned, holding up a finger. Kai refused to let the subject go.

“Are you planning to invade Earth? Is that what you’re doing? There will be so many lives at stake!” Kai yelled. Sora tried hard not to flinch but his tone seemed to penetrate through her barriers.

“You’ve never had any qualms with taking a human’s life,” Sora countered.

Kai’s nose flared, his skin crawling with annoyance at the woman before him.

“That is entirely different! I take lives from sinners. You will harbour innocent souls for what? Power? Isn’t Hell enough for you?” he retorted.

Kai heaved, his shouldered shaking with fury, “Am I not enough even for the Empress?”

He stepped forward once more, taking her forearms in his hands, tugging her closer to him. Sora gaped at him cautiously, unsure of what his actions would be.

“Can you not even bear the thought of you and me, even if all you know is being a ruler?” Kai questioned, trying hard to hide the desperation in his voice.

Sora stared back at him, feeling overwhelmed, “You cause me nothing but trouble Kai.”

“You’re not answering my questions, Sora!” Kai was beginning to lose patience.

Sora looked down for a second and shook his head, “You don’t want me. You want what I was.”

Kai opened his mouth to speak but this time no sound would leave him. She was right. He was desperately yearning for what she used to be and the chances of her returning were slim. He slowly let go of Sora’s arms and let them fall by her side.

“I could—”

“No you can’t,” Sora interrupted, “Who would want to love something like me? Pretty face with a bleak, twisted mind. Just go, please.”

Kai sighed in defeat and made his way to the door. There was simply nothing left to say.

 

Kai made his way to the kitchen, having nowhere else to go. He trudged in, taking a seat by the kitchen island. His thoughts were shaken away by the sound of rattling. Aria came over to the island with difficultly. She dragged a heaving cube of metal using her ankles.

“What’s that?” Kai asked curiously.

“Punishment,” Aria stated, “Are you okay?”

Kai straightened up, “Wait, what? Punishment? What could you have done? You hardly leave this room.”

Aria looked conflicted and her mind was in turmoil. She would betray Sora’s trust if she told the truth, but was there any trust to begin with if Sora could so easily chain a dead weight to her?

“I’m going to tell you something, and it didn’t come from me, got it?” Aria decided that she had to.

“Okay…” he agreed.

“She bears with child,” Aria started, “Sora, she’s pregnant and she has been for a while.”


 

HELLOOOO

IT MEEEEEE

IM BAAACKK

this blog post should explain things: http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/823662

I hope you are doing well and enjoy this chapter. 

I want to start updating more regularly now. Sorry for the wait. This fanfic is really important to me and I want to get it just right!