27

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

Chen hissed out as he was dragged out the cell. Aria was being pulled close behind him by another guard.

“Up you two,” came an aggressive voice, “His lordship is ready to see you!”

Chen’s eyes glazed over with hate and disgust, targeted all at the guard who was handling his in a rough and reckless manner. He heard the small yelps of Aria and it only angered him more as the guard who was so carelessly ‘guiding’ her, only made her trip and fall.

“It’s not gentlemanly to treat a lady like that!” Chen growled, looking back. The guard took no notice of him and purposefully gave Aria a harder shove on the back, making her lose her footing and fall face first into the ground. Her hands were bound and she couldn’t break her fall properly.

Though she wanted to curse and swear, and perform a devastating spell on the guard, she knew better. She needed to power up enough and save her energy for when Chen and she were ready to leave and find Kai and Sora.

“Try and stop me.” The guard taunted with a sinister smile stretched across his face. Chen was forced to move forward instead of retorting rudely and soon they were in a large throne room.

The walls were ornate and decorated in gold and sleek tiles. The high ceiling was covered in images of smoky flames and shadows of demons and gremlins and other beasts. Right at the centre of the room, was a platform, high above, and on that platform was a throne. It was so daunting to look at. The back rest stood tall and mighty and with the presence of Satan sat on it, made the atmosphere almost unbearable.

Satan stood up and with a flick of his palm; the guard released Chen and Aria and exited. Satan was still stood on the platform, looking down at the two. It was his own way of reassuring who was the superior party.

“You have something that I want.” He announced, looking at Chen, “And you’re going to give it to me.”

Chen scoffed, “I thought after last time, we established I would never say anything about Kai.”

“Very well,” Satan sighed. His shoulders slumped and his his jaw; without warning, his hand charged up and ball of spitting fire. It was all so fast that Chen barely had time to react. The spiralling flames were charging at him with full speed, hitting him square in the chest.

Grunts left his mouth as his body flew across the room, slamming uncomfortably against the wall. A ear splitting crack surrounded the room; bits of broken tile fell to the floor along with a bruised Chen.

“Tell me where he is!” Satan bellowed, generating another murderous fire ball. Aria struggled with her restraints and hurried over to Chen. She managed to slip one hand out by the time she reached him, but the rope burns had left raw, bloody scars on her hands in the process.

“Chen,” she whispered, “Aim for the sceptre in his hand.”

She placed her palm on his chest; a light blue glow radiated around her hand and all of a sudden, Chen found strength again.

“What are you doing, witch?” Satan yelled, hastily throwing the fire ball, but his aim was slightly off. There was a black ash left on the wall after the ball had scorched it.

Chen grunted in pain and lifted himself off the ground. His restraints were ripped apart and he flexed his fingers as if testing them out. There was an odd crackling sound; it was so small and unheard at first but it got louder.

The louder it got, the more they could all see it. Blue cracks of light in the air, sharp and jagged. Sparks of electricity were spluttering out of Chen’s hands and he did the only thing that came to mind. He targeted it at Satan.

Agonising cries and pained moans followed after. Aria knew she wouldn’t have much time left. Guards and army warriors would hear and be more than suspicious. She closed her eyes, frowning in concentration as she walked through Chen’s mind, sifting through the thoughts he had and the recent memories with Kai.

They were all so jumbled at first but she found what she needed.  55.7195̊ N, 37.6958̊ E

She grabbed Chen’s arm the instant she realised the co-ordinates. “Let’s go!” She cried above all the snapping lightning and the anguished cries.

When Satan felt no more electrifying shocks all over his body, he noticed he was surrounded by silence. He looked around and saw nothing, nothing apart from the scene of a battlefield. They were gone.

Satan roared in fury, “I want that wretched girl found!”

 

Sora was startled awake by a thunderous noise that came from inside the room. She was clinging onto Kai so who on Earth would be in the same room as them? She jolted up in the bed, pulling the covers close to her chest and saw a heap on the floor.

“Could you be any heavier?” came a disgruntled voice.

Sora watched two figured separate and roll away from each other.

“Well someone had to break my fall.” Aria replied, groaning as she rotated her shoulder.

“You mean crash landing!”

Kai was stirring from his sleep and looking around with sleepy eyes, “Oh, Chen?”

Chen looked up, finally noticing a shocked Sora and a lazy looking Kai. “Oh great,” Chen whined, “You had to freaking teleport us when they were doing the deed!”

Aria scoffed, “Don’t start! How was I supposed to know? I may be a seer but my visions don’t necessarily tell me when a couple are engaged in love making.”

Chen stood up brushing off the dust and ash off his clothes. Aria looked up expectantly. Her veil had slid off allowing Chen to see the ticked off expression she had. Chen sighed and held out a hand for her, hoisting her up.

Sora cleared to gain their attention, “Why don’t you both get comfortable in the kitchen so I can freshen up.”

Chen nodded, withholding the deep chuckle due to the embarrassed blush on her face. As soon as they left, Sora buried her head in her hand and whined, “God, that was so awkward!”

Kai laughed, earning a slap on the chest.

“Ow.” He pouted but Sora refused to give sympathy as she shuffled out of bed to greet the pair that had stumbled in so unexpectedly.