23

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

Sora had woken up earlier than Kai. His t-shirt was now sloping off of her shoulders and hips as she walked closer to the window. The previous night hadn’t allowed her to properly take in the landmarks of her new location. When she did look through the window, there was clumps of snow everywhere, glistening in the sun shine. It looked like she was in the city with all the bustling people and the honking cars congesting the roads. The people walking down the streets were speaking in a foreign language that Sora didn’t comprehend, but the accent was familiar. It was definitely European.

“Where are we?” she whispered to nothing in particular.

“Moscow, Russia.” A husky voice lingered in her ear. Sora turned around with a gasp, startled by Kai’s sudden presence. His hair was dishevelled in the most appealing way and his eyes were just about open, evident there was still some sleep in him left. But that voice, it sent chills through her body.

“Oh,” was all she could muster her tongue to sound. Kai’s eyes raked over Sora’s appearance and full blown smirk displayed on his lips.

“Can I have my t-shirt back?” Kai asked; there was a mischievous glint in his eyes as his tongue swept across his lips. Sora’s face flushed, knowing that she was completely stark underneath.

“I’d rather not,” She said firmly, after regaining a bit of confidence.

“Maybe I’ll have to tear it off your body then,” Kai said aloud, grabbing a hold of her hips. He tugged the t-shirt and before long, the events of last night were on repeat.

 

There was chaos in the throne room. Satan was destroying everything in sight; tumbling furniture with the flick of his hand and exploding objects to mere splinters and dust.

“Why are they not found yet?!” He screamed at a collection of his warriors who stood far away from the destruction. They were all hesitant to answer at first but stalling would only worsen Satan’s temper.

“They’re untraceable, your lordship. It seems there is dark magic involved in hiding them.” The first commanding warrior explained. Satan stopped pacing angrily; his face twisted in the most sinister scowl and his fists were clenched tightly.

“Well, what are you going to do about it?” Satan cried out loudly after a small moment of silence. The warriors jumped slightly and the commanding warrior was quick to come up with a response.

“There is a dead witch residing in the far corners of Hell who can find them regardless of the spell the traitor is using.” He explained.

Satan looked a bit convinced that things were turning around now. “Don’t just stand there! Go get this witch!”

 

Kai stood up from the bed and walked of the near-by wardrobe and pulled out another shirt as his previous t-shirt had a large tear through the middle. Sora lay on the bed, her head resting on a pillow and her hair arranged wildly across it. His eyes locked with Sora’s as she evaluated him. He winked casually as his buttoned himself up.

“You’re going somewhere,” Sora stated. Kai nodded, looking down at the cuffs of his shirt and straightening them out.

“Yes I am.” He replied.

Sora sat up on the bed a bit more, holding the blanket in place in front of her chest as a frown formed on her face. “But then you’re vulnerable to Satan! He’ll find you,” Sora scolded, not liking Kai’s idea to leave the confines of their safe haven.

“I’ll be in and out of Hell. I need to find Chen and tell him what is happening. I need to find a way to stop all this madness,” Kai defended and explained to try and put Sora’s mind at ease.

“Why? Why can’t we just stay here forever? Like you said, he doesn’t know this place exists,” Sora retorted, ruffling her hair in frustration.

“You don’t want to be living a life where you are constantly looking over your shoulder. If things are ever going to go back to normal, we have to go to war with Satan!” Kai voice, raising his volume slightly, “It’s the only way”

Sora leaned her back against the cold wall as she let his words sink in. Kai hurried in pulling his trousers over his legs and ran a hand through his hair. He sat back down on the bed, reaching over and rubbing a thumb over her cheek.

“Try to understand Sora, you could stay here forever, but there is barely any food, you have no clothes here except for the ones you came here with and sooner or later, Satan will find a way to find us,” His said in a calm voice.

Sora closed her eyes, nodding softly, “I understand. Just...just be safe alright.”

Kai pressed his lips on her forehead, “I will.”

Just as he was about to leave, Sora stopped him, “Wait! You have to find Aria!”

Kai’s face contorted in annoyance, “You mean the woman who helped you escape?”

“Yes, she can help us!” Sora insisted. Kai rolled his eyes and groaned, “Fine then. Just tell her not to pull another stunt like that.”

Sora smiled shyly and stood up from the bed, the blanket still covering her modesty. She kissed his cheek, “Be careful.”

His lips captured hers in one swoop; kissing her fiercely still her knees went weak. And then he was gone.