Speculations

Im not her!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

Ji Hye and I, together with Gyuri as she never let go of my hands right after she met me at the mall, came back to TOP’s house with all the things we bought. 

 

 

 

We arrived only to see Sun Hee’s parents in the living room together with the others.  I released my hand from Gyuri’s hold.

 

 

 

 

“Omma.” Ji Hye slowly let go of my hold and went hurriedly to her mom. Sun Hee's parents noticed our arrival.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong, how nice to see you. It’s been a while neh?” Mr. Kim greeted me. So I guess he already warmed up to me after Sun Hee’s accident. “It’s good to see you son. You grew distant from us after…er…the incident.”

 

 

 

I smiled meekly. “I’m really…”

 

 

 

 

He hugged me making me stop from apologizing.  “Thank you Mr. Kim.”

 

 

 

 

 

I caught Mrs. Kim smiling at us, “We’re here for a few days only so we decided to visit my sister. I’m so glad to run into all of you. Anyways, well go ahead then. It’s nice seeing you all” Mrs. Kim blurted out while smiling genuinely.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She looks happy, good for her. Everyone seems to be happy with their own lives and it looks like I’m the only one who is feeling bitter and empty with my forsaken life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She looks lively right?” Minzy cited her observation.

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, anyways. You brought a lot of stuff Ji?” Daesung turned to me noticing a lot of paper bags and Gyuri.

 

 

 

“Ah….” I sighed first. “We kinda bumped to each other in the mall.” Gyuri walked closer to the group. “Hi guys.” She greeted in an exaggerated manner. I saw Minzy and CL rolled their eyes but I guess Gyuri didn’t saw that as she continued to smile.

 

 

 

 

 

We settled ourselves in the living room and of course, Gyuri scooted at my side. “Uhm, JI? Before I called you in the mall, I saw you playing with a kid and I’ m pretty sure it’s not Ji Hye.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh that kid?” Joong Ki’s face occupied his mind. “He’s a friend’s son.”

 

 

 

 

 

She nodded her head. “Ah, At first, I thought he’s related to you.”

 

 

 

 

“Why?” I looked at her.

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know, because you kind of… look a like. You have the same features, I saw you guys smiling to each other and you’ll surely pass as father and son.” She laughed at her thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But you say he’s a friend’s son? Who was it?” Seungri finally asked. Obviously, they’re listening to us all this time.

 

 

 

 

“uhm,…:” I guess I have to say it then. “You know her…”

 

 

 

 

 

‘Dara or Sun Hee? Wait, she didn’t tell her name’ “Dara…or Sun Hee…”

 

 

 

 

I bumped into her in the mall…” I waited for their reaction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What?!”

“Unnie?!”

“How?!”

“Are you sure?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Settle down guys. I’m not finished yet. I bumped into her with her son.” I could see Gyuri curious to the reactions she’s witnessing right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Son?!”

“What?!”

“Wait, you mean?!”

“She has a son?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I rolled my eyes on them. I tried my best to keep my composure, I’m shock as them but I have to sound normal. “Yeah.”

 

 

“Wait, who is Dara? Sun Hee?” Gyuri butted in but she was shooed by the others.

 

 

 

“Why do you act like it’s some random normal thing in the world Ji? It’s her we’re talking about here.” Taeyang tried to knock some sense to me.

 

 

“I know. But she’s happy now, and she doesn’t know me now, which is better.”

 

 

 

“What?!” they all chorused. “Could you explain everything?” CL shouted impatiently.

 

 

 

 

 

“Her memory worsen, she said it’s complicated.” I finished retelling my brief encounter with her in the mall. They look disgruntled and more confused. Gyuri sulked in her seat.

 

 

 

 

 

“You think it’s because of that accident Han Byul told us?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Could be. But what is important is that she’s happy right now… But, it seems a little quiet, where is Bom? I thought she’ll be the most interested to hear this.”

 

 

 

 

 

“She went out a bit. But Ji, you’ll just accept it just like that?” The guys grew closer to me.

 

 

 

 

No. I don’t want to.’ But the words can’t reach my mouth. “She deserves to be happy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP gave me an if-you-say-so look and nodded. This is one of the few good things about him. No further questions asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m out of here.”Gyuri said in a bitter voice as stomped on her feet and left.

 

 

 

‘Much better.’ But my relief was cut short as I saw Seungri in deep thought and about to say something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seriously hyung?!”

 

 

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

 

 

 

“You met her  again and decided to let go. I can’t really figure you out hyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Why? What should I have done? If you were in my place?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Simple. I’ll introduce myself and invite her for coffee. Chat with her. “

 

 

 

 

 

“I just can’t do that. She has a family now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Did she say that? Is she married? Did you see a wedding ring? Come on, you basically taught me how to differentiate a married woman to a single one just by sniffing. How can you forget those things?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I laughed at this. The rest of the guys wore calculating looks as if figuring out something.

 

 

 

 

 

“But she has a son. Even without sniffing, that’s a big give-a-way.” I reasoned out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re slow hyung. Gyuri-shi said that kid looks like you. Come on, can’t you see the connections?” He motioned his hands, gesturing it for me to think quickly while biting his lower lip. But he lost his patience instantly. “I’m guessing the kid is…” He started to count on his fingers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Four. ’I thought as I remember him saying it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Four years old, right?” Shoot. Seungri’s right. “So you see now?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you telling me? That..that kid is… J-Joong Ki…is…could be…my s-son?” I stuttered as I struggled to let out those words. Realization poured to me like a bucket of cold iced water.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Bull’s eye.” He nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“how can I…” I stopped. How stupid can I be. Of course, that’s why he’s familiar because if I look at him and my baby photos, I might not see the difference.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well that you have to find out from her yourself and you could have asked her already that is if you’re not stupid enough..Ouch..” TOP tapped his head hardly.

 

 

 

 

 

“We already get what you’re trying to say maknae.”

 

 

 

 

 

He nursed his head. “Yah hyung, I’m just saying… But one thing I find weird is how come we only find Dara… or Sun Hee… only now, we searched for her almost for a year right after she disappeared and four years later she’s just here in Seoul.”

 

 

 

 

 

“And you think we know the answer to that rat?” CL interrupted him.

 

 

 

“Hey, Just saying.” He defended himself.

 

 

 

 

 

But he’s right. I’m stupid. Stupid to not noticing it, my own son. Stupid for even thinking about letting her go. Stupid for giving up looking for her. Stupid for lying to her in the first place, I should have introduced myself when she asked me if I knew her. Stupid for neglecting his family, a family of his own.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ji, this time, before you find or act on anything. Do you know who’ll you go look for? Do you already know who you really love?” Taeyang gave me a sincere smile. “Who do you want to see? Because if you ended up choosing the wrong name that’s the time you’ll really lose her… forever…”

 

 

 

 

 

“I know Taeyang. Never been sure all my life.  I know who I want and I’ll confess everything to her.  I knew I love her even before I met her properly and I’m just too stupid to not notice it.

 

 

 

 

 

She’s my first love and this time she’ll be my last.” I smiled before I left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“First love?”

 

 

“Who is he talking about?”

 

 

 

“Sun Hee?”

 

 

 

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

 

 

 

“Guys, just let him be.” Seungri smiled knowingly. ‘Is he talking about the weave shop incident?’

 

 

 

 

“Why are you smiling weirdly? You know something, don’t you?” Daesung accused.

 

 

 

 

“I’ll just go on with the flow right now and try not to get in the way of those two.” ‘But what if she turns out to be Sun Hee?’ “Whoever did survive between Dara and Sun Hee. I hope hyung follows his heart.”

 

 

 

“Hear, hear.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

An update for you guys.

 

Jiyong, what name is on your mind?!

 

Enjoy!