Chapter 9:

Big Bang II: The big four

Chapter 9:

Outside the meeting room, in a quiet corridor just to the right of the staircase, Se7en stood with Sean, almost hidden in the shadowed corner.

"Sean sunbea nim, do you have any idea why President YG wanted us to suggest those tasks during the meeting?” Se7en asked quietly as he pressed his back against the wall and interlacing his fingers behind his head.

“To be honest, I fail to understand why Seungri will be the next CEO of YG Entertainment as well.” Se7en said slowly. “Yes, I do agree that Seungri had a strong business mind but, is YG Entertainment lacking in talents that President YG had to appoint someone like him with no prior experience in this field to be the next CEO?”  

Sean merely shrugged as he gazed at the scenery outside the window in front of him.

“I have no idea as well.” Sean replied with maddening calmness. “My only guess is because President YG wanted Big Bang to be back and because of Doo Joon.”

"Doo Joon?" Se7en asked, scrutinising Sean. "That director from CUBE Entertainment and ex member of Beast?” Why?”

“It has been obvious that Doo Joon is trying to monopolise the entertainment industry by looking at the speed he is progressing. Else, why are the leaders in the industry are keeping an eye on him?” Sean replied.

"What do you mean?" Se7en asked. “What does that got to do with Seungri?”

"President YG probably wanted Seungri to be Doo Joon’s rival just like the relationship President YG had with President JYP, Park Jin Young.”  Sean explained. “At the same time, if Seungri managed to succeed the task, YG Entertainment would not be too greatly affected by the crisis caused by CUBE Entertainment.”

Se7en stared at Sean. For a moment his face was a crumpled wasteland of panic and vulnerability. Then his eyes hardened and his lips grew tight.

"Did you forget what had happened between Hyun Seng and Seungri?” Se7en asked with mild concern. “Since Doo Joon was the leader from Beast, do you think Doo Joon and Seungri’s relationship would ever be like President YG had with President JYP, Park Jin Young?”

“Instead of being worried about the future of the entertainment industry, I’m more concerned about how Seungri and Doo Joon would be in the future.” Se7en explained. “I don’t know why, but I have a feeling that those two will turn into monsters simultaneously.” 

Sean smiled.

"I guess that’s the reason why the members of Big Bang are back, especially Tae Yang." Sean replied. "The members of Big Bang would steer Seungri back to the right path and I believe that Tae Yang would play a bigger role in that.”

"But, I still have a bad feeling about this…" Se7en said worriedly.

Sean clapped Se7en on the shoulder. “Time will tell,” he said. “All we can do is to trust President YG’s decision.”

***

The walkways were very busy, with every trainee, trying to get past the rush and to their respective training classes.

On the other hand, Seungri made his way down the walkway, his mind still spinning at the task he was assigned during the meeting.

 Suddenly, Seungri snapped out of his thoughts and halted when he heard a familiar name being spoken.

"…Tae Yang sunbea nim is back. I saw him and Dae Sung sunbea nim entering the media room. Do you think that Big Bang would make a comeback?”

With the mentioning of Tae Yang, Seungri had the sudden urge to bolt. He wanted nothing more than to go back to Japan, and pretend that he is not back at YG Entertainment. Realising that he wasn't breathing, for his throat was constricted by the emotions that were rising like gall in his throat, Seungri forced himself to draw a steadying breath through his nose.

Far from ready, Seungri hesitated, taking one step forward at a time. What was wrong with him? It wasn’t as if he did not know that Tae Yang is back. Why did he feel the need to run away?

Seungri suddenly felt sick to his stomach and fiercely shook his head to himself as he continued to walk down the walkway.

"Why do you want to save me? Don’t you hate me as well?"

Seungri remembered the incredulity he had felt then when Hyun Seng held onto his hand, those black eyes which were filled with fear and regret.

“Seungri, sorry if I killed you back then. Do not forgive me.”

Seungri remembered how Hyun Seng’s voice had trembled then, how he could barely utter the words that he so desperately wanted to hear.

Suddenly, an incoming call from his phone interrupted his thoughts and Seungri found himself standing in front of the media room and his hand was almost grabbing onto the door knob.

Seungri couldn't understand how he ended up standing right in front of the media room and why his legs were shaking. Is it was from the memories or Hyun Seng’s voice which kept running in his head, he didn't know.

With a sigh, Seungri retrieved his phone from the pocket of his pants to answer his phone. He frowned when he saw HyunA’s name appearing on the screen on his phone.

Seungri pressed the green button to answer the call before he brought it to his ear.

“HyunA,” Seungri spoke tiredly.

 “What?! Okay, I’m going over to your place right now.”  Seungri replied before he ended the call abruptly and swung around before he could enter the media room.

***

When Tae Yang glanced out of the window and into the evening sky, it was hard to believe that such beauty could exist on a horrible and trying day such as this. Never in a million years could Tae Yang believe that everything would change so much.

Tae Yang shuddered as an icy breeze struck his face and tore his gaze from the window. He straightened his jacket, absently smoothing out the creases and wrinkle.  It was autumn and the evening was not especially cold, yet still he shivered as he looked down one last time on the deserted street outside the window before he glanced back to look at G Dragon, TOP and Dae Sung sitting a few paces away from him, worrying about the future of YG Entertainment.

Unsure what he could say that would lighten the dreadful atmosphere in the media room, Tae Yang prayed silently, hoping that everything will be alright until the door opened, and Sandara stood in the doorway, which caught everyone's attention.

Her tired face lit up with an earnest smile as she looked at Tae Yang before she turned her attention towards TOP with a frown on her face.

“TOP, the school called and they said that they wanted to talk to you about your son…” Sandara said worriedly.

"Son?" Tae Yang asked curiously, trying to distract his mind from the more pressing issues such as the future of YG Entertainment.

 He had not heard any news about TOP getting married and G Dragon had not said anything about this either.

When did TOP get married?

When did TOP have a son?

G Dragon let out a sigh before answering.

“Tae Yang, I apologized for not tell you about this.”  G Dragon said at once. “But, I can’t tell you about it because you were not in YG Entertainment back then.”

Tae Yang's eyes grew wide.

“TOP hyung got married secretly?” Tae Yang gasped, unable to digest the shocking news.

“I had to, for the sake of safety from the paparazzi.” TOP explained before he stood up and walked towards the door. The misery in his voice cut like a knife.

“But,” Tae Yang asked in concern until he felt G Dragon’s shoe pressing gently against his foot and he closed his mouth as he watched TOP walked out of the room.

Before Sandara turned to walk with TOP out of the room, G Dragon called behind her.

“Sandara noona, do you have any idea when the board of directors meeting would end?” G Dragon asked curiously.

Sandara looked confusedly at G Dragon.

"The meeting had ended hours ago.” Sandara answered.

Noticing the shocked expressions both G Dragon and Dae Sung wore, Sandara stared at them, utterly dumbfounded.

"You…you didn't know?" Sandara asked hesitantly.

Tae Yang opened his mouth to ask another question but then shut it again. He couldn't think clearly right now. Information about YG Entertainment’s current state and TOP being married were too shocking that he doubt that he could handle more shocking news right at this moment.

Still, Tae Yang could not help but wonder why Seungri did not come over to the media room after the meeting ended.