Chapter 1

Big Bang II: The big four

Chapter 1

 

15 years ago....

 

The sun was diming in the horizon as Doo Joon closed the blinds in the training room he was in. He shut the world and the buildings of Seoul away before sitting down on the nearby chair, a deep sigh escaping his lips. His slender fingers ran through his hair as he pressed his head against the wall.

Every day was painfully long ever since news about Hyun Seng got admitted in the hospital during the day the press conference was supposed to be held.

The company had remained silent for a few days, and that was enough to unnerve him. Every single member of beast believed that this is going to be the end of Hyun Seng’s career and Doo Joon can’t help but to agree with them as well.

However, there’s one thing that the rest of the members failed to notice. If Hyun Seng was dropped out of the group, it will be the end of Beast as well.

Doo Joon knew how harsh and cruel CUBE Entertainment would be and he didn't want to admit to himself that there will be group of people in the company fighting to take over beast’s place anytime.

He could not risk that.

 He did not know what he could do, perhaps he could buy some more time, or perhaps, with some luck, convince President Hong to give Hyun Seng one more chance. After all, human makes mistakes.

Doo Joon was lost in his thoughts until a hand on his shoulder brought him back to reality. Doo Joon almost let a nasty retort slip through, but in the nick of time, he saw that it was President Hong’s secretary.

"President Hong would like to see you in his office," President Hong’s secretary said, his voice clear and deep.

The sight of President Hong’s secretary looking for him created an unwanted chill to ripple down his spine, a sensation that he strongly disliked. It’s quite obvious that the reason of President Hong looking for him is because of Hyun Seng. But, he couldn't quite understand what the President would want from him.

As Doo Joon stood up, and without a word, he followed President Hong’s secretary.

"You don't have to take me there," Doo Joon said brusquely once they were in front of the door in the training room. "I know the way.”

Once Doo Joon walked outside the training room and the door fell to a close, Doo Joon strode swiftly and silently down the pathways towards President Hong’s office.

***

“You wished to speak with me?" Doo Joon entered the office. The only light in the room came from the fluorescent lamp with walls crammed with posters of the current artists in the company.

President Hong sat sternly behind the desk, lowered his pen as Doo Joon closed the door, and stood in front of his desk politely, waiting respectfully for President Hong to address him.

"I believe that you have heard about what Hyun Seng had done…”

"Yes," Doo Joon said tersely before becoming silent once more.

Beneath the detached calmness of his facial expressions, Doo Joon knew he should be writhing in anxiety, but he had somehow prepared for the worst case scenario.

“As the leader of beast…” President Hong continued, his smile fading. “I want you to kill him.”

Doo Joon’s eyes widened with shock at the instructions he was given. Of all the possible outcomes he had played out in his head, this was definitely not one of the ones he anticipated.

"President Hong, Hyun Seng is one of my band members…” Doo Joon said quickly, careful to keep his gaze steady and honest. “There’s no way that I could do that.”

“No, for the sake of the rest of the beast members, you will…" President Hong stated as he folded his hands on his desk, his eyes never leaving Doo Joon's face.

Doo Joon was silent as Presidnt Hong’s eyes seemed to intensify as they pierced into him.

"Why?" Doo Joon said quietly, trying to keep his heart from thumping loudly in his chest. “What did Hyun Seng do that you have to end his life?”

"Doo Joon, I believe that you know perfectly well why I wanted to end his life.” President Hong’s tone was mocking and sarcastic. "Those who help create the future in CUBE Entertainment will be rewarded. Those who do not…will be treated as the filth they refused to clean."

Doo Joon noticeably flinched and looked uncomfortably at President Hong.

"Hyun Seng don’t deserve…" Doo Joon began, but was cut off by President Hong.

 “I was actually gracious enough to give him another chance due to a dispute he had with Seungri and after he caused some of my people to be in jail.” President Hong spoke coldly, in an irritating, non-chalant way.

President Hong’s eyes seemed to intensify as they pierced into Doo Joon and there was vitriol in every word that he uttered.

“Instead of being grateful, he even dared to steal a gun, totally tarnishing both his and the company’s name.”

"President Hong,” Doo Joon began, but was cut off by President Hong.

“Doo Joon, either Hyun Seng dies under your hand or it will be the end of beast.” President Hong replied evenly and cruelly. “That’s final.”


I was a little bored, so I decided to post chapter 1.

Coming back in 2013. XD