Chapter 33

Big Bang II: The big four

NOTE:

This is just a fanfiction and the author sincerely apologizes if the following content offends.


Chapter 33:

“Five minutes?” Kangta asked harshly, making it sound like it was the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"In case you have forgotten, I have been in the entertainment management business way longer than you." Kangta snarled.

Kangta’s mouth twitched at the corner as he looked at Seungri, as if he never had seen anything so disgusting, some unworthy creature of his presence.

“In my eyes, YG entertainment is just holding on to Big Bang to survive in this entertainment industry and you….are nothing but, just one of President YG’s chess pieces.”

CL and Tae Yang’s expressions changed at what Kangta said while Seungri tensed as Kangta’s words sank in.

Seungri’s mouth moved but did not speak. Seungri had known subconsciously that YG entertainment would struggle to survive in the entertainment industry without the existence of Big Bang.

As for being one of President YG’s chess pieces….

"Try repeating that!" CL hissed in anger. "Being in SM Entertainment doesn’t mean that you could look down at other entertainment agencies!”

Kangta’s gaze darkened.  

“CL…” Kangta turned towards CL, drawling out the adjectives with disgust as though they were something nasty in his mouth. “I am just stating the facts. You are nowhere better too….being stuck in America doing nothing but wasting YG entertainment’s investment in you, hoping  that you could make it big in the American entertainment industry while the rest of the 2NE1 members waste their time away in Korea…..”

CL looked as if she had been slapped.

“Well….CL, have I touched a nerve?" As Kangta said this, his tone was mocking and sardonic.

Tae Yang bites his tongue to prevent a sarcastic reply from coming out as his gaze swept around between Seungri, CL and Kangta, not knowing what to do.

SM Entertainment is the most powerful entertainment company in Korea. It is not wise to be on their bad side.

Before CL’s anger could mount to the point where she would do something stupid, Tae Yang sent a meaningful look towards Seungri before going towards CL.

“You!” was all CL could replied in anger before she felt Tae Yang pulled her along with him.

“Seungri, let’s go,” Tae yang stopped dead in his steps before leaving the room. “There’s no point in wasting anymore effort on them.”

Seungri opened his mouth to argue but then changed his mind. He sighed deeply as he looked at Kangta, thinking deeply about this.

So, without another word, Seungri pushed past Kangta and followed CL and Tae Yang, not sparing a single glance towards the remaining people in the room.


The thump of a closing door echoed around the room.

"Speak." Kangta’s voice betrayed no outright anger, yet his tone was brittle.

Boa turned to face him, startled by the sound of his voice while the remaining people in the room remained rooted to the spot, bowing their head respectfully.

"You look like you have questions to ask." Kangta’s fury was now directed at Boa.

Boa took a deep breath, choosing her words carefully.

"Why did you do that?" she asked quietly, unable to fathom what she had just witnessed moments ago.

His mouth twitched at the corner as he titled his head expectantly. "Why did I do what?"

“Why don’t you give Seungri a chance to speak?” Boa spoke with a little more confidence.

Kangta raised an eyebrow, watching her in silence.

“Seungri is now the CEO of YG Entertainment…isn’t it wise to at least show some respect to him?” Boa said at once.

“After all..... YG Entertainment is one of the big four companies in the Korean entertainment industry…..”

“YG Entertainment is one of the big four companies in the Korean entertainment industry ONLY when President YG is in control of the management of his company. Kangta interjected, his words laced with disdain.

“President YG is too reckless, putting someone like him at such a high position…”

"I believe that President YG must have his reasons…" Boa answered honestly.

Disapproval gleamed in Kangta’s eyes.

"Managing an entertainment company is not as easy as ABC…" Kangta retorted, “For a start, he should know that YG entertainment and SM entertainment don’t mix. The fact that he appeared here with Tae Yang and CL is far is too ambitious for his own good…”

Boa swallowed, trying to change the subject and tense atmosphere in the room.

"It’s a good thing for SM Entertainment, isn’t it?” Boa replied. “We have one less powerful competitor to worry about….”

A long silence followed.

Kangta chuckled. "Of course…Of course…" he said, nodding thoughtfully, his rage seemed to have subsided somewhat.

“We shall see what will happen in the future.  For now, one less powerful competitor, the better…”


“Why?! I don’t undertand?!” Yang Yoseob said in an expressionless voice before setting down on the seat beside Doo Joon in a pub in America.

"Not now," Doo Joon replied. He had no desire of making a spectacle in a public place.

Doo Joon forced himself to breathe in deeply before sloshing the wine at the bottom of his glass. He needs to get Yang Yoseob back to Korea before his actions could create more chaos to his plan. However, he had something much more important to do.

Before Doo Joon could speak, the sudden clicking of footsteps behind him against the concrete floor surface, approaching him came to a stop. Doo Joon knew it was him who was standing right behind him.

"Doo Joon~~" a voice said silkily, "It’s an honour that you are willing to meet me out of your busy schedule.”

“I just got insider information that you are in America and I couldn’t resist the chance of meeting up with you…”

“Jay Park,” Yang Yoseob murmured quietly, hazel eyes fixated on the person whom had interrupted his and Doo Joon’s conversation in disgust before getting up from his seat to give Doo Joon and Jay Park some privacy.

Doo Joon looked up and smiled politely, saying, "Jay Park, it’s been a while. Do sit down."

By this time, Jay Park was ready to talk. "Doo Joon, how are you? Well, of course. You must be doing very well. Under your management, CUBE Entertainment is now one of the big four companies in the Korean entertainment industry.”

“To add on, without your guidance and support, AOMG won’t be able in the Korean entertainment industry for so long…” Jay Park added in passing.

Pouring a glass of wine in another glass, Doo Joon waited until Jay Park took a sip of wine before interjecting gently, 

“Don't mention it, this is after all what we, small entertainment companies could do to survive in this cruel industry.” 

Taking a long sip of his wine, Doo Joon watched Jay Park intently, "So, what’s with the sudden arrangement to meet me?”

Jay Park smiled a little and leaned nearer to Doo Joon.

“I’m bored with the current power status of the Korean entertainment companies. I feel that something must be done in order to raise AOMG’s status…”

Doo Joon resisted the desire to curl his lip in severe distaste.

All these years, Doo Joon never had a close friend in the entertainment industry thus far, excluding the members in Beast; no friends were ever that close. He knew all too well that these people would sell each other out to save their own skin, which happened more often than not.  It’s too risky to put one’s heart out there.

Despite all that, it’s quite amusing to know that JYP and YG Entertainment, two of the big four companies, could be on friendly terms.

Doo Joon studied Jay Park carefully, wandering how far he would go to achieve that ambitious goal of his. Maybe, he could indirectly use him to take a step closer to his plan….

“So, which company do you have in mind?”

Jay Park laughed at that and picked up his half-filled glass and swirled the red liquid around.

“Obviously, JYP Entertainment…”

Doo Joon tapped the table with his fingers, thinking deeply.

“If I am not wrong, there’s a Taiwanese girl in one of JYP entertainment leading girl group, Twice…..” Doo Joon said, carefully choosing his words.

“China and Taiwan are in an even more strained relationship because of the recent ongoing Taiwan presidential election. This is the best time to bring down JYP Entertainment in my opinion since JYP Entertainment concentrates a lot in the China market after his failed venture in America with wonder girls….”

Jay Park sat in silence, not making a sound, pondering deeply.

"Beyond your capability?" Doo Joon whispered, a smirk playing on his lips.

Cringing slightly, Jay Park slowly turned around in his seat to face Doo Joon. “Are you sure about this? This could eventually affect the ties not only JYP Entertainment but the entire Korean… "

“With your vast connections, I believe that it’s a piece of cake to you.” Doo Joon cut in firmly.

“I have given you a suggestion; it’s up to you whether you are willing to take the risk.” Doo Joon replied with a smile on his face, confident that Jay Park would eventually follow his suggestion before draining his wine and stride out of the pub to look for Yang Yoseob.

 


Credits:

https://www.soompi.com/2016/01/13/twice-halts-chinese-activities-in-light-of-nationality-controversy-surrounding-member-tzuyu/