Chapter 28:

Big Bang II: The big four

Chapter 28:

 

Yang Yoseob sighed and ran fingers through his hair and he sat in silence, pondering deeply.

After a few minutes, as if he had reached a final conclusion, Yang Yoseob turned his head towards the window, observing the rain as he spoke, "Jun Hyung, do you think that Hyun Seng would be dead just like that?”

Jun Hyung fell silent. Lost in his thoughts at Yang Yoseob words. Finally Jun Hyung broke the silence.

“Yang Yoseob …Hyun Seng is already dead.”  Jun Hyung paused to let the words sink in a bit. 

“Move on.”

Neither one said anything after that, uncertain what to say next. And for the rest of the time they sat there, neither said a word as the only sound came from pouring rain.

Yang Yoseob glared at Jun Hyung for a moment without answering, but he held his gaze defiantly. Hyun Seng's death had haunted him for years and yet, Jun Hyung could tell him to move on as if Hyun Seng's death was nothing to him.

Yang Yoseob bit his tongue and reined in his anger before he stood up, the legs of the chair scraped the concrete floor as he shoved it away and walked towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Jun Hyung called after Yang Yoseob.

Instead of answering Jun Hyung, Yang Yoseob glared coldly at Jun Hyung with his dark black eyes, and began to walk out of the room.

The wooden door slammed shut, and fresh cracks ran smoothly on the panels.

"Yang Yoseob, you fool..."

Jun Hyung muttered to himself as he stared at the spot where Yang Yoseob glared coldly at him until the last of the footsteps had faded away.

***

Yang Yoseob tore down the corridors of the hospital, lit up by the dim light coming from the fluorescent lamp of the hospital. His blue coat was waving behind his back, even though there was no wind.

He was suddenly struck by a sudden thought and here he was, walking towards the counter of the hospital where Hyun Seng last stayed in before he died.

At last, Yang Yoseob stopped in front of the counter.

 "What could I assist you, sir?" The receptionist asked.

Yang Yoseob cleared his throat and spoke clearly.

"I would like to enquire to view one of your CCTV tapes fifteen years ago."

When the receptionist looked up from the records from her file, the receptionist gave Yang Yoseob an odd look.

“Are you going to enquire about a tape about a patient, Jang Hyun Seng?”

Yang Yoseob could not help but frown a bit in confusion.

How did the receptionist knew what he was looking for?

Looking at Yang Yoseob’s expression, the receptionist took it as her cue to continue.

"You are the third person to enquire about it.” the receptionist said while looking at the file in her hand.

Yang Yoseob’s head shot up and the receptionist was nearly taken aback.

 "What…did you say?"

The receptionist said remained impassive and repeated. 

 "You are the third person to enquire about it.”

The world ceased to be for Yang Yoseob with that statement as his mind tried to wrap itself around the information that he is the third person to request for the CCTV footage.

From what he have known, no one have suspected about Hyun Seng’s death.

No one except him and Hyun Seng’s father.

 The information of him, being the third person to request for the CCTV footage shocked him.

Who is it?

What is that person’s purpose?

"Unfortunately, that CCTV footage had been tempered with." the receptionist interrupted Yang Yoseob’s train of thoughts. "And if you are requesting for the cctv footage in the room where it stored all the tapes that day, the hospital have no longer have it anymore.”

Yang Yoseob let his eyes slide shut for a moment, as he tried to get a better grip on himself.

Concentrate, Yang Yoseob.

 Concentrate.

Suddenly, many things clicked into place as his mind raced ahead, colligating random facts and events. Who else would be interested about the cctv footage?

Seungri first came into his mind because of the relationship he had with Hyun Seng.

Yes, it has to be Seungri.

Yang Yoseob was sure of that now seeing that Seungri and Hyun Seng were at each other’s throats fifteen years ago.

Yang Yoseob opened and closed his fist, feeling the nails dig into the palm as his mind blanked out in cold fury.

Suddenly all the frustration and rage that had been building up over the years spilt over.

He didn't even stop to confirm with the receptionist whether it was Seungri who enquired about the CCTV footage and the thought of looking for evidence did not even cross his mind to proof that his assumptions were right.

With a low growl of anger, Yang Yoseob ran swiftly through the passageways, not bothering about the glances the people in the hospital were giving him.

Right now, all he wanted was revenge!

And it doesn’t matter whether he would be getting help from Doo Joon or not.

***

Doo Joon was tapping his fingertips against his desk in different beats while watching a footage of HyunA tempering a tape from a tape he had gotten from the hospital in his laptop.

Doo Joon was glad that he thought of getting the cctv footage in the room where it stored all the tapes that day, when Hyun Seng’s father informed him about the news of the CCTV footage being tempered with.

It wasn’t easy, trying to get hold of this tape in his possession. It took him years to get an approval from the hospital and finally, he managed to get hold of this precious tape.

Even though it wasn’t the missing footage his wanted. But, at least, he knew who tempered the CCTV footage.

It was rather amusing really. Why didn’t Hyun Seng’s father thought of checking the cctv footage in the room where it stored all the tapes that day to find out who tempered with the tape and how naïve HyunA was to temper with the tape. As if no one would find out about her deeds.

Suddenly, Doo Joon stopped tapping his fingertips against his desk for a moment, staring at the screen of his laptop as his eyes narrowed.

Why didn’t he notice her that night?

What is HyunA planning?

What is her motive for coming back to Korea?

Doo Joon slowly sat back down in his chair, his heart started to hammer like a drum in his chest. He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling the sweat drops formed by his thoughts. There was no way he could think in this state of mind.

Suddenly, the ringing of the phone brought him out of his thoughts.

Doo Joon grinded his teeth, washing away all thoughts of HyunA before picking up the phone.

"Director Yoon, I would like to remind you that you have a meeting with President Lee Soo Man from SM Entertainment.”

 “I got it." Doo Joon commented as he ran his hand through his black hair giving a heavy sigh before he hung up the phone.

For now, he would meet President Lee Soo Man. HyunA and the entire CCTV footage incident could wait.

But one thing he did know for sure now, was that he have to get that missing CCTV footage from HyunA and he will figure something out when the time comes.