Chapter 7: Kiss

Chasing Deer Yoona

 

 

As the van drove past a small group of fans outside the gate, the voices raised and chanted, "So Nyuh Shi Dae!" waving large, brightly colored signs and screaming as it slowed to enter the security gate. Every morning, afternoon and evening there were varying sizes of the crowd but they were always there. There were equal numbers of women to men in the group of fans that pounded on the van as it drove slowly past them and down the drive way. The black van continued down the drive way, and never stopped at the front entrance but always rounded the building so that the manager could deliver his precious cargo privately in the rear entrance. He knew his job well, and always protected her.

He was not over-bearing or too strict with her, she got along with him well. They had mutual respect for each other, and he rarely scolded her. He spoiled her like a father would spoil an only child.

As they pulled up to the rear of the building he asked her gently, "Do you want me to help you upstairs?"

"No thanks, Oppa," she responded, "I've got renewed energy now!"

Her manager glanced around as he helped her down from the van and noticed a sole couple over by the door, embracing.

He shook his head and answered, "Some people have no shame! Can't they go upstairs and do that?"

She drew her attention to the couple and smiled, the man's back was to her, and the woman's face was partially covered as she snuggled into her partner's neck. Yoona almost envied them. When she saw tender scenes like this one, she wished she had someone special to snuggle up to, and to hold tightly.

With a deep sigh, she waved at her manager and he waved back as she headed to the door. She looked down at her phone and confirmed how late it was! Forty-five minutes had passed since she left the studio. There was typical late night traffic in Seoul and for some reason she almost felt relieved that she had missed Yesung.

The fuzzy exhaustion had cleared from her mind as her heart pounded. She had not even talked about her new friendship with Taecyeon to all of the members yet. Sunny and Tiffany knew, and she mentioned it to Yuri because she was her room mate. But the others didn't know, and she wondered what would happen if they misunderstood. The girls had known the 2PM members since late 2008 when they posed in a photo shoot with them for Elite Uniforms. It was about 6 months ago when they had first collaborated together.

Everyone knew the agency had a strict 'no dating' policy for the girls, even though it was never publically stated. It would keep them away from gossip rag scandals if they just did not date at all. But she knew as well as the others that several of the girls had indeed dated in secret, and even had hidden boyfriends that they would go out with late at night or when they were spending holidays with their family, they would find time to visit with their boyfriends. Sometimes it was late night phone calls that lasted until the morning. Sometimes it was web-cam private chats on the internet. And sometimes they would sneak out at night. Jessica, Hyoyeon, Sunny and even Tiffany had dated this way. The others girls had good friendships with some boys and fellow co-idols of SM Town and other groups, but they never really dated at all.

As she approached the keypad to key in a code for the front glass doors into the rear lobby she heard a giggle come from behind her and noticed the couple had decided take their affair upstairs after all.

That giggle was a bit uncharacteristic she thought, as she walked through the doors.

"Yoona," a deep voice called her gently from behind.

She wasn't expecting it, and jumped as she flew around to face the couple.

"Omo!" she exclaimed, dropping her purse to the ground.

There in front of her stood a gorgeous woman with long black hair, and none other than Yesung! She looked at Yesung with surprise and again at his date. Then the recognition immediately sunk in, as she eyed the sculpted high cheek bones, and the sharp chin and dark eyes.

"Ryeowookie, Oppa?" she asked, not believing what she was seeing.

He smiled broadly at her and answered, "Tonight it's Unnie!"

Ryeo Wook continued to hold tightly on to Yesung's arm and Yoona cocked her head to the side, trying to understand what she saw.

"It was the only way to get in past the crowd," Yesung explained, as he tried to pry Ryeo Wook's arm off of his own.

"But why?" Yoona still didn't understand. Why would he go to this extreme?

"Because I could not take the chance of even one night passing without talking to you about what happened!"

Her pulse increased and she cleared .

"Oppa, listen," she started to explain.

"No Yoona, you listen." He paused and looked over at Ryeo Wook, "Aish! Really! You can let go now!"

Wookie giggled and shook his head, "Don't wanna!" he said in a baby voice.

Yesung managed to shake his arm free and took Yoona by the hand and pulled her forward into a small sofa, table and a few large cushioned chairs. Ryeo Wook refused to be shaken off so easily and gave his best effort to stay in character, and picked up Yoona's purse off the floor, put it over his own shoulder, and performed a perfect female model catwalk behind them.

They quickly approached the sofa, and Yesung pulled Yoona down to sit next to him, leaving no room for Ryeo Wook. He ended up sitting on one of the large chairs and daintly crossed his legs and straightened his wig, as he patted his head.

"Not him, Yoona. Not Ok Taecyeon. I thought you knew better!" He wasn't asking her why nor did he want details, he was telling her no.

"We're just friends, Oppa!" she managed to say.

"Not even as friends, Yoona! Ok Taecyeon is no match for you … not even as a friend. Everyone knows what he's like. He would never be good enough for you in a million years."

Ryeo Wook nodded his head in agreement, flipping his hair over his shoulder.

"Yesung Oppa is right, Yoona. That one is not for our precious flower. Take Unnie's advice, stay as far away as you can from his type!"

Yesung rolled his eyes at his friend and then gently squeezed Yoona's hand.

She looked down at their hands, still grasped together, and then back into Yesung's intent eyes.

"Not him." He said firmly.

"Who else did you tell?" Yoona asked, as she glanced back over to her "unnie" Ryeo Wook, and he gave her a sly grin as he winked at her.

"So far it's just Wookie and me. There's no way in hell that I'm going to be the one to tell Teukkie or …. " they all paused and looked uncomfortably around. "DongHae Oppa" Yoona whispered softly as she completed his sentence.

Yoona knew Yesunggie would not risk telling any managers or executives from SM Town, but he would tell her inner circle. She had no doubt about that. He was passionate. He was daring. He was also very possessive of her. He treasured his relationship with Yoona.

Some fans would even speculate on whether or not they were dating because of how comfortable she was with him, and how he tended to hold her hand, or put his arm around her in public.

Sometimes she wondered if he was serious about her. Once he told her, "Don't date other men, Yoona. Save yourself for Oppa." Was he just teasing her? After all, Teukkie had told her the same thing, and DongHae did not even have to say it outloud, she knew by a single glance from him when he disapproved of something.

DongHae could be very gentle and tender as well. There were a few times when he even cried in front of Yoona and with her, when her mother had to stay in the hospital for an emergency surgery. But she had also seen another side once. It was only once.

She looked back at Ryeo Wook and he stopped smiling. It was as if they both had the exact same thought.

"You and I both know him, Yoona," Ryeo Wook asked her in a serious tone, "you don't even want to think about what he'll do to Ok Taecyeon!"

Yoona remembered that night several years ago, when she sleeping on a couch in one of the dance studios. She had been dancing and practicing all day with her fellow members. The others had gone ahead of her, but she waited behind because she had to meet with her manager and some of the oppas from SuJu to discuss an upcoming photo shoot for Spao Magazine.

Ryeo Wook had volunteered to go down the hall and get her when Siwon asked where she was, and where was DongHae?

He shook his head at the sleeping beauty before him and reached into his pocket and pulled out a pen. He knelt down in front of her and studied her flawless face and skin. She really was a beauty. She was perfect in every way. And yet she never believed that she was pretty. No matter how many times they told her, and he reminded her, she would shake her head and laugh it off.

He couldn't resist. He started with her forehead and drew squiggly lines across it. He covered his mouth with his free hand so he wouldn't bust out laughing at himself.

He continued down to her small button nose and then he paused. He stared down at her lips that were ever so slightly parted. He could not stop looking at them. It was almost as if they beckoned him. He felt himself lean forward.

While she slumbered she felt something vaguely brush over her forehead, and down her nose. She flinched away, and then seconds later she felt something very softly touch her lips.

When she opened her eyes, she saw the soft, almost girlish face of Ryeo Wookie, very close to her, and a pen in his hand.

She struggled to bring him into focus.

What just happened?

"Oppa?"

His eyes grew very large at the realization of what he had just done.

"Omo! Yoona! I'm sorry! I … I'm so sorry!"

He backed away, almost shocked at his own behavior and put his hands over his own lips. He had stolen a kiss from her! While she was sleeping, he stole her first kiss! He hadn't planned on it… but before he knew it, he kissed her.

As he bent down to awaken her, he saw how beautiful and innocent she was. He was pulled in to her by an unseen force, and… he had stolen a kiss.

He looked horrified.

They were suddenly interrupted by a burst of the door banging open.

DongHae had stood there, breathing very deeply and quickly, his chest rising and falling as he glared at both of them.

"What did you do, Ryeo Wook!"

DongHae had been watching through the glass window in the door, amused at first until…

Yoona realized now what had happened.

It was too late, before she could say anything, DongHae ran over to Ryeo Wook and grabbed him by the collar with one hand and then with his free hand he formed a fist and punched it forcefully into his friend's abdomen.

She knew she should be angry at him because it was her first kiss! But she wasn't. She loved Ryeo Wook. She loved him in a way that she never felt for the others. Almost like she was his big sister, instead of the other way around. He was always gentle. He was like a baby. He was also like having a sister. He was so pretty, so tender.

"How could you!" DongHae demanded as he punched an upper cut right under Ryeo Wook's chin.

"DongHae Oppa!" Yoona screamed. "Stop, please!" She jumped up from the couch and grabbed on to his back pulling him away from his target.

Ryeo Wook's tears slowly ran down his cheeks as he rubbed both his hands together quickly the way some Korean kids do when they want to beg their parents for something.

"Hyung, I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't … I really didn't mean to!"

DongHae raised his arm up again, and he was about to strike, but Yoona pulled on it with all her might.

"Oppa, it's ok please! Please stop! He didn't mean anything by it. I was sleeping! It doesn't even count does it?"

All he could see was bright red so he tried squeezing his eyes closed but the red did not disappear.

"She was SLEEPING? Are you an ANIMAL? Do you not have any SELF CONTROL?"

Ironic he would ask that, having his arm raised up in a fist, Yoona thought.

He opened his eyes and gave Ryeo Wook the deadliest look he had ever seen before in his life.

"If you value your life little brother, you will leave this room this instant, and never ever repeat a word about what happened tonight. To ANYONE! You got that?"

Ryeo Wook nodded madly in agreement and then looked over so apologetically to Yoona.

He dropped down to his knees and the tears flowed even harder, "I wouldn't hurt you for the world, Yoona. I love you. I am so sorry! I don't know what overcame me!"

Up until that night she had even sometimes wondered if Ryeo Wook might not be gay, because of how he clung to Yesung and Heechul so much. But seeing him now, she felt a pure sisterly love for him and she nodded softly back to him, not daring to let go of DongHae's raised arm.

"I love you too, Oppa. It's ok. Really."

DongHae pulled himself free from Yoona and walked over to the couch and kicked it while letting out a groan.

Ryeo Wook knew this was his cue, and he retreated quickly and quietly out the door, closing it behind him.

Yoona didn't know what to say to DongHae. She had never seen him be so bullish before, and never had she dreamed he would hit a fellow member!

"Oppa," she started, but didn't know how to continue.

He flew around to face her and then looked past her to the door. He marched past her almost as quickly as he had flown in.

"Oppa!" she called out to him just as he reached the door.

"You're not a kid anymore, Yoona." He said angrily at her, without turning to face her. "You're 16 now! You need to be aware of your surroundings. You can't just fall asleep wherever you please!"

He wouldn't look at her. She felt her own tears fill her eyes and tried again, this time much less confident, and with a shaky voice, "But Oppa," she attempted.

He heard her voice crack and he immediately felt something inside of him release, almost like letting hot air out of a balloon.

"I'm sorry," was all she managed to whimper out.

He reached for the door handle and knew he should just keep walking, but instead he clicked on the lock button.

He turned to face her now, and his eyes were still intent, but they were much less fierce. He walked over to her and took her face into his big hands. He used his thumbs to brush away her tears and this only caused her to sob freely, leaning into his hands.

"Ayyy Yoona. Don't you know how irresistible you are? Haven't I told you that hundreds of times?"

She reached up to wipe away her runny nose and he grinned down at her tear stained face.

"I'm sorry!" she sobbed again.

DongHae shook his head and sighed. "I guess I'll just have to show you," he said. And he leaned in to kiss her forehead. She hiccupped loudly and he chuckled. He didn't remove his lips from her head, but trailed them slowly, gently down her soft small nose. His lips kissed the tip of her nose, following the ink trail that Ryeo Wook had drawn on her.

"Even with these stupid pen marks all over your face, snot running down your nose, and your eyes all puffy and red," he dragged his lips over to her right cheek and kissed it tenderly. "Even like this, you're beautiful."

Her crying had subsided instantly and her heart pounded within her chest as she reached up and placed her own hands over his as he held her face.

He raised her chin up and nipped at it as he whispered to her, "Just because no one saw, doesn't mean it didn't happen."

She didn't dare speak a word. She wasn't even sure she could form a sentence at this point. She was overcome with an excitement and rush of emotion that she had felt periodically whenever her oppas played a bit too rough or rowdy with her, but nothing compared to this level. Her heart beat so quickly at his closeness and she felt an electric sensation cover her.

He grazed his lips across her left cheek and placed another kiss on it. He nuzzled his nose into her left ear and then softly bit her earlobe bringing it into his mouth and softly on it.

She closed her eyes automatically unaware of an escaped a deep, shaky sigh that came from her own lips. She felt his hot breath on her neck as he placed a tender kiss just below her ear.

Her legs nearly buckled under her and she felt her knees go weak. She felt her head to the side, giving DongHae free access to her long, slender white neckline.

"You must never let your guard down," he whispered deeply as he coached her, "because you never know…"

He paused and stared into her hooded eyes, she could feel every breath he took.

She looked up at him, her eyes sparkling brightly and freshly moist, anticipating his next move. She leaned in closer, not even realizing that she was being pulled into him by some unknown force.

DongHae smiled a knowing smile, and his eyes grew darker as he leaned forward continuing softly, "You never know…" his lips brushed hers with every word he whispered, "when someone will swoop down and eat you up, unexpectedly."