Birthday Surprise

Chasing Deer Yoona

 

 

It was a phone call Taecyeon would not easily forget. Every time he thought about it, he felt his blood boil. What gall! Did he think he had the right to say such things just because he was Taec's senior in the industry, or was it because of his close relationship to Yoona that gave him such confidence?

"And another thing," Lee Teuk stated firmly, "She won't accepting any more calls from you, because I will delete this number from her phone. Don't try and call her back either, if you know what's good for you."

"Who died and made you in charge in Yoona's private matters?" Taecyeon growled.

"It seems you don't know your place, dongseng. You also have a terrible memory! Didn't I warn you before, to stay away from our Yooona?"

"LeeTeuk, I have no relation to you whatsoever. You are the one with the faulty memory. It must be from being on edge of becoming senile with age. You're way too old to be doing these gangster type threats. I am not going away. I am not going to stop calling her. And I am not going to listen to you for another minute!"

Just who does he think he is! Taec knew he wasn't on friendly terms with those members, but he always thought it was because of working for competing management companies. He never guessed that members from that group knew so much about him.

Did they have him followed? How did they know about his clubbing, and partying? How did Lee Teuk know about his former crush on Yoobin, and how dare he insinuate that he was not good enough for Yoona!

"It's not like she is the Queen of Korea," he huffed in anger to himself.

Still, to bring up things from his past, really irked him to no end. Then again, he thought, it's not like he kept such things a great secret either. Even during filming of several variety shows with his other members he revealed his clubbing habits with Chansung and Jay. Still! That was for entertainment!

"What am I? A leper? I am not good enough for their Dear Yoona? God, I hate how they think they own her!"

He looked down on his dresser at the blue wrapped box with a small card, "To our Pinenut."

He picked it up and examined it as he considered.

"Should I give it to her for birthday? Maybe it's a bit too much considering the level we're at?"

He had thought about buying a designer purse, or even brand name shoes from Italy, since he knew she was very fashionable, and liked such things. But that would not be very personal. Besides, she probably got those types of gifts from the "SuJu" boys that were always around her.

No matter what how hard he tried, he couldn't get that out of his mind. He thought back to the many times he saw the SNSD girls backstage, and it seemed that she was always walking and talking with either DongHae, LeeTeuk, Ryeowook, or Yesung. She was never alone.

The sound of his ringtone snapped him out of his thoughts, and looked down to the phone display to see Seulong's name.

"What's up Hyung?"

"What do you mean, 'What's up?' You begged me to get together the Nut Club to celebrate Yoona's birthday and you haven't even left yet?"

"I was unexpectedly delayed by a pain in the ."

"I don't care who's paining your right now! All I know is it isn't me! So get over here!"

"Hyung!" Taec snorted at the comment from his long time friend.

"Well? What did you end up buying her? And don't say shoes! I told you, no matter how much they love shoes, you should never buy a woman shoes, because it means you want her to leave."

Taec shook his head at the superstitions of his hyung and replied, "It's not shoes, ok!"

"Well I hope it's not something overly personal either, like jewelry or perfume."

When Taecyeon didn't respond, Seulong continuted, "Yah! Don't tell me you bought one of those! Those are only gifts you give to the woman you love! What are you trying to do, chase her off before you even confess?"

Taecyeon looked down at the Tiffany's wrapped necklace box and reconsidered.

"Do you think it will really scare her off?"

"You always go overboard, you brat! It's always all or nothing for you, isn't it?" Seulong ran his fingers through his hair and tried to soften his tone for his confused friend. "Listen, I know how you want things to be with her. But it's not time yet. You have to build it up, you know? Yooona-shii isn't the type of girl you can just rush things with, after all she's still underage, isn't she?"

Taec opened up the top drawer of his dresser, and placed the box in carefully inside.

"I'm going to be a bit late, I need a fast Plan B, but I am sure it will come to me as I head over there."

"Get that cute of yours here quickly," Seulong demanded, "This was all your idea, and I hate always being in the spotlight as the host! You know, they will just end up falling in love with me instead, if you let them be alone with me for too long."

True to his word, Taec raced down the streets of Seoul as quickly as he could, making one brief stop at an electronics store on the way.

By the time he got there, he had beads of perspiration running down either side of his face, and he was out of breath.

They had picked a Karaoke Bar and reserved a large VIP room. This was one of those few places that idols like them could actually expect to have privacy and still be able to enjoy themselves in a small group.

Taecyeon was the last to arrive, and as a result had to down a drink in true "one shot" fashion as his punishment.

Each member of the Nut Club took turns filling his shot glass, when Yoona commented, "Taecyeon Oppa, aren't you going to get sick drinking so quickly?"

"What am I, a girl?" laughed Taec.

After the fourth glass he felt the warmth burn slowly down to his stomach and he realized that although he was usually pretty strong with drinking skills, he hadn't had a meal for hours, and drinking on an empty stomach made his head light.

He watched Sunny and Seulong get up and perform a cute duet and while they sang he leaned over to Yoona and presented her with a bag that contained her gift.

"It's not much," he said softly, "It was my second choice."

"What is it?" Yoona's eyes lit up with excitement. She wasn't really expecting presents since the gathering itself was a gift enough for her.

"A digital photo frame." Taec replied. "You can store thousands of photos on it, and there's even an SD card to record video and audio. So if you want it to play music, or clips, you can store that on it too."

"Really!" Yoona's excitement bubbled over. "That's so awesome! I don't have one of those and have always wanted one! Thank you!"

Taec grinned at her excitement over such a small gift. She truly was magnificent. Her smile lit up the room, and he wanted to pull her close to him and embrace her.

"Its smiles that like that will get you in trouble little girl." Taec's eyes grew darker as he leaned in closer.

"You have no idea, do you?" he asked, "What you do to men when you smile like that. You have no idea…" he continued as he reached for hair that was hanging softly around her beautiful face, and lightly pushed it behind her ear, "What you do to me, do you?"

Yoona blushed at the frankness of his words, and cleared as she glanced over at Sunny and Seulong, who seems to be wrapped up in their own world, singing to each other.

"Taecyeon-shii," Yoona started, "I think we need to talk."

"Taecyeon-shii? I went from Oppa to Taecyeon-shii? Since when?"

Yoona was obviously nervous and a bit flustered as she tried to explain to him.

"Taecyeon-shii Oppa," she began, "I'm not sure how to say this, but…"

She looked down at her own hands and began frantically twirling her thumbs together out of nervousness.

"You see, I have such a busy schedule these days. I am filming the Cinderella Man drama, and the members and I are working on our come back stage in a few short weeks with our new song, and then there's the mini drama coming up with Nichkhun Oppa as well."

"Nichkhun Oppa is it?" Taec started to feel his temper rise along with his voice.

"No, it's not that…" Yoona attempted to reword what she wanted to talk to him about. Why was he getting upset?

"Yoona," Taecyeon moved closer to her and placed his hands over hers to stop the twirling thumbs. "Why is it that you have so many oppas around you, but when it comes to me, I'm 'Taecyeon-shii? Or even worse, "Taecyeon-shii Oppa?"

"I'm just trying to explain, that I really enjoy your friendship…" she faltered at the last word.

"My friendship?" He raised his voice enough to get Seulong's and Sunny's attention now.

"So are you trying to put me in my place now? Are you giving me the brush off?"

Yoona's eyes had gotten wider with fear now, because this was not going anything like it was supposed to. She had just wanted to clearly let Taecyeon know that she thought of him as a good friend. She cherished their moments together, but she knew, just as Teukkie had said in no uncertain terms, that she could not afford either a relationship or a scandal now.

"I'm trying to say that you're a good friend," Yoona re-attempted. "A great friend!" She nervously smiled at him, trying to get his approval or acknowledgement.

Seulong and Sunny had stopped their singing as the music continued on without them.

Seulong knew that if he didn't to something quick, this would become a disastrous night instead of a celebratory one.

"What's with the serious discussion going on over there," he chirped, "We are having a party!"

Taecyeon waved away his hyung with his hand, without taking his eyes off of his target that sat in front of him, nervously fidgeting, and trying to gently pull her own hands out from under one of his. He tightened his grip with his large hand and leaned in to her so closely that he was mere inches from her face.

"So I'm not deserving enough to be more than your friend? Somehow I knew …" he closed his eyes briefly and took a deep breath and repeated in a very deep, and dark tone, "I knew when you never returned my calls that you didn't feel anything for me. But I never thought that you would cast me off as just another 'friend.'"

Yoona's eyes frantically looked from one of his eyes to the other as she tried to understand why he had gotten so angry.

Taecyeon's head started to spin, and he realized the alcohol was probably what had him fired up so quickly, but couldn't help himself from continuing down this path he had started on.

"You don't realize it yet Yoona," he told her as his left hand reached to pat her on the head, "But this mind of yours, will soon be filled with me."

He then moved the same hand toward and allowed a few fingers to brush against her slightly parted lips, "And these beautiful, luscious lips, will be mine."

Seulong and Sunny both started quickly toward him when he pushed her down completely on the soft bench seat and then firmly grasped her left , and gave it a squeeze, "And the heart that's under this , Yoona," he said as he blocked her body with his own, now laying on top of her, he continued to softly massage her small in his hand and felt his head spin completely out of control, he nuzzled his mouth into her ear and whispered, "This heart will belong to only me."

Yoona was so stunned that for a minute she could not move. She was frozen from shock.

Seulong attempted to pull his friend off of her, "Are you crazy?" Sunny yelled at him as she slammed her small fist into Taecyeon's broad back. "Let her go!"

"Never," Taecyeon whispered into Yoona's ear before raising himself to face the beet red face and startled eyes, which quickly shone with fire as she attempted to push him off of her.

"Stop it!" she ground out of her clenched teeth as she pushed against his shoulders.

When she saw she was getting no where by pushing him, she attempted to raise her right knee sharply against his groin, and just missed as she clipped his thigh.

He wanted to laugh at the expression she had on her face, because it was a true dichotomy … so angry, with her eyes shining with fire, raging against him, and yet so beautiful at the same time. How could she look even prettier this way?

"My God, Yoona," he said so softly that she almost didn't hear him. "You are so beautiful." And with that he took his free hand that had been gripping hers until she broke the grasp and began pushing him, and with that free hand he dug it firmly into her hair and grasped it firmly to hold her in place as he leaned forward to close any space that was between them.

His mouth forcefully claimed hers and he chuckled to himself at the way she clenched her teeth together to prohibit his tongue entry. His lips firmly locked onto hers, with his mouth opening and closing and he on her lips, ravaging them.

He only broke the kiss after Sunny had grabbed a handful of his hair and yanked as hard as she could, and Seulong forcefully pulled him off of his prey.

Yoona wiped with the back of her hand and tears filled her eyes as she looked at him.

"They were right about you," she said accusingly at him.

He knew instinctively just who 'they' were. He took a quick breath and wanted to grab ahold of her again.

Sunny quickly picked up all the gift bags up and attempted to help Yoona to her feet. As she walked Yoona out of the door, asking if she was ok, she raised her small fist at Taecyeon and shot him a threatening look, as she mouthed to him, "Crazy jerk."

Seulong pushed Taecyeon down on to the bench forcing him to sit. He shook his head as he looked down at his drunk friend. Taecyeon was staring at his left hand that had cupped Yoona's and he smirked to himself.

Seulong smacked him upside his head, bringing him out of his revelry.

"If you wanted to drive her away, why didn't you just give her shoes?"