Chapter 5: Playoff Cafe

Chasing Deer Yoona

 

As she entered the Playoff Café, Yoona was greeted by three female staff members, and one handed her an electronic card. She smiled politely at the greeters, and returned their bow. She immediately spotted the table near the window where Tiffany, Sunny and Seulong sat. Yoona walked up and ordered cappuccino from the waiter that met her at the table. There were two unoccupied seats to choose from, however she quickly noticed that one had a large coffee mug in front of it. Who else had joined the group? She selected the empty seat and nodded in the direction of the mug.

"Who's coffee?"

Seulong tutted several times and said, "Yoona-shii, so now you don't even bother with the greetings?"

"Oh I'm sorry," she immediately apologized, "Good Morning," she said in accented English.

"Good Morning, Yoona-shii," repeated Seulong.

She smiled at her two sister members, and quickly evaluated the contents on top of the table. In between Seulong and Sunny was a hard back book, but she couldn't see the title since the spine was facing the opposite direction. In the center of the table laid three unopened board games, the top box had the name "CLUE" written on it in English.

In front of each of her friends laid their corresponding electronic cards. Playoff Café was one of 500 board game cafes. They are quite popular amongst University students and office workers, and this was one of the higher end cafes that offered snacks, coffee, cappuccino, and soda and it was all added to the electronic cards along with a small hourly fee per person.

"So what are we playing?" Yoona inquired.

Sunny reached over and spread the games across the table and frowned, "Something that doesn't require partners, because now we are odd numbered."

"Oh did I spoil the count?" Yoona teased.

A deep masculine voice answered from directly behind her, "You could never spoil anything, Yoona. We've been waiting for you."

She quickly glanced over her shoulder and eyes were level with his flat stomach. Her eyes moved upward and she recognized the broad shoulders and strong chest before looking up into his eyes.

"Taecyeon Oppa!"

He leaned forward and placed one hand on her right shoulder, his chest pressed up against her back as he placed a small, square box on to the table. Yoona had to lean forward as well, and felt the warmth of his chest brushing against her shoulders.

She swallowed as she glanced down at the Jenga box. Just as she was about to say something, Taecyeon moved to his awaiting chair and sat down.

"Jenga?" Tiffany asked.

"Not just Jenga," Taec smiled at his friend, "Truth or Dare Jenga!"

Seulong laughed as he immediately recalled an evening at the JYP Towers with "One Day" as they called themselves, when the members from 2AM and 2PM met together. The embarrassing moments of truth came rushing back to him as he chuckled.

"Aigoo!" he joked, "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

Taecyeon smiled confidently back at his long time friend and gave him a thumbs up.

"Don't try and weasel out it once we get started, Oppa!" Tiffany challenged.

Yoona looked at Tiffany and then at Sunny. She wasn't sure she was up to the challenge herself, since she didn't know Ok Taecyeon or Seulong very well. Did she really want to reveal any truths about herself? She mulled it over, "How hard can it be?" She didn't have anything too embarrassing to expose, but she knew that Sunny and Tiffany would know if she was lying, so she had to decide quickly. She could always take a dare, since she was quite brave, and how drastic would these two Oppas be on their dare to her, since they didn't know her well either.

Upon confirmation that there were no immediate objections, Taecyeon began to empty the Jenga box on to the table as Sunny reached for the unused games and placed them on a shelf behind her.

When the waiter appeared with Yoona's cappuccino Taecyeon asked him to bring five pairs of chopsticks.

Sunny glanced at Tiffany who shrugged as she picked up a celery stick and chewed.

Taecyeon took the metal chopsticks from the waiter and distributed them to his friends.

"So in Truth or Dare Jenga, you must use these chopsticks to remove your pieces."

"Oppa!" Tiffany objected, "How are we supposed to pick up those blocks with our chopsticks and build a tower?"

"The time has passed for objections, Tiffany," Seulong went along with Taec's plan.

"You just better hope you have a steady hand!" Taec .

When he noticed the three girls look doubtfully at each other, he continued, "The green blocks are for truth, and you have to answer the question on the block. The red ones are for dares, and you have to do whatever is written. The natural colored blocks can be blank or…" he reached into his pocket and extracted a mechanical pencil. "We can write our own truth or dare on them."

"No way!" Yoona protested.

Seulong and Taecyeon both laughed at her and as Taec wagged a finger at her.

The waiter came to check on them and Taecyeon asked him for his tray. He quickly gathered the blocks onto the tray and then asked the waiter for one of the private rooms.

Ignoring the protests of the girls, Seulong and Taec took less than two minutes to build the tower, rotating between colored blocks.

"Just how bad are these dares," Sunny asked, "That we need a private room?"

Seulong winked at Taecyeon, and answered, "My favorite was when Kwonnie had to sit on Chansung's lap through one full round."

The girls all gasped as Taec responded, "Nah I think Kwonnie enjoyed that too much. I liked it when WooYoung and Junsu had to swap an article of clothing and they decided on changing jeans!"

Yoona began to shake her head in disbelief, trying to deny what they had gotten themselves into. Any truth would be better than a dare, she decided quickly to aim for the green blocks.

"What happens if you make the tower fall?"

Seulong and Taecyeon exchanged knowing glances at each other, "You'll see!"

The atmosphere seemed to heat up from the first block that Seulong picked, which was a red dare. He had no trouble removing a lower red block and read aloud, "Make an obscene phone call to someone of the same ."

The girls immediately giggled, and Taec asked, "Hey do you think some fangirls made that question?"

Seulong quickly picked up his cell phone and chuckled as he pressed his speed dial. "This is too easy."

"Hello?" they all heard the young man say as Seulong had pressed the speaker button.

"Don't say anything until I tell you to, got it?" asked the older of the two. "You hang up on me and you're dead."

"Hyung?" the confused member asked.

"I said don't say anything didn't I!" When he was satisfied with the silent response he continued. "I've had you on my mind all morning long." Seulong grinned into the phone. "I peeked in on you this morning before I left, and almost lost control. You wore boxers to bed on purpose didn't you?"

When the girls exchanged glances, Tiffany and Yoona clasped their hands over their mouths to keep from laughing.

"Jinwonnie, how come you drive me crazy like that? Do you know how much I want to you when you do that?"

Taecyeon slapped his hand softly on to his own leg as he chuckled at how natural Seulong was at this game.

"I just wanted to rub my s against yours, since you were bare-chested."

It was Sunny's turn to clasp closed as she could barely keep from busting out laughing.

"You make me so hard, just watching you sleep Jinwonnie…"

"HYUNG!" yelled the maknae into the phone, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Don't be shy baby. Reach down and touch …"

"HYUNG, ARE YOU CRAZY?"

The entire room burst out into laughter as Seulong kissed the phone, "I love you Jinwoonie!" The confused maknae hung up the phone, and Seulong shook his head, "Didn't I warn him not to hang up on me? Just wait till I get back to the dorm!"

His audience was still laughing when he said, "And that, Ladies and Gentleman, is how this game is played!"

It was Tiffany's turn and she carefully picked up a green block.

"What's the naughtiest thing you've ever done?" she read. Immediately the room began clapping in anticipation. As Tiffany looked at Sunny and Yoona they quickly realized that the truth questions were not any safer than the dares!

"Oppa!" Tiffany began to protest.

Taec took no pity on is American friend, and shook his head. "You're playin' with the big boys now!" he in English.

Tiffany's face was scarlet as she rubbed her two hands together, "Oppa please let me change to a dare!"

Since it was their first time playing Seulong felt a bit soft on Tiffany, but Taecyeon began to make chicken squawking sounds mocking her.

Finally she feinted as if she was going to throw the block at Taec, when she slumped down in her seat. "Fine! But I'll remember this on your turn!"

Before beginning Tiffany confirmed, "Whatever we say in this room, stays between us alone, right?"

Tiffany hesitantly began to tell the group about her sophomore year at South Pointe High School, in Diamond Bar, California. "A group of friends were invited over to my best friend's house for a BBQ and swim party." She looked around the circle of her friends and extracted their oath that they would not repeat the story to anyone. "Well things got a little crazy and someone added bubble bath to the Jacuzzi. It was so much fun with all the bubbles that our group of girls decided to skinny dip in the Jacuzzi. After all, there were no boys there!"

Seulong clapped at the revelation and leaned forward to comment, "Say Tiffany, are there any Jacuzzis at the SM dorms?" They all laughed at that question when Taecyeon realized it was his turn.

He didn't doubt for a second which color he would go for, and stealthy reached his chopsticks out for a red block.

He began to read aloud but ended up laughing before he could finish, "Give someone of the opposite a , and make it hot!"

The room erupted in hoots and laughter.

"Is this a erted game or what?" asked Yoona.

"Seriously, are there any normal questions?" agreed Sunny.

Taecyeon shrugged and answered, "The last time the boys played we had questions like 'Mime your most embarrassing nightly activity,' and 'Write a letter to Penthouse and read it out loud."

Ignoring the girls reaction, he pulled out his iPhone and swiped the screen as he reviewed a playlist on the iPod application. He grinned broadly as he selected an old school American band song.

As the sultry voice of Jim Morrison sang "Light my Fire," Taec carefully climb on the low table began to slowly gyrate as he sang along with Doors. He lowered himself on to all fours and faced Seulong as he exaggerated a long lip wetting with his tongue. The girls burst out in laughter simultaneously when Taec kneeled as he rubbed his chest and then lowered his hands downward, across his stomach and back to his rear end. He slowly crawled across the table and headed in Yoona's direction.

Yoona partially anticipated, partially dreaded the tall young man's approach toward her.

He then lowered himself from the table and straddled the seated Yoona placing his hands on her shoulders and he carefully rounded his hips in slow, large circular motions before coming within inches of sitting on her lap, facing her.

The clapping got louder as he converted his movements into long body waves, coming dangerously close to brushing his chest against Yoona's.

He knew she was already 19 years old, and he doubted that she had never been kissed. He pondered the thought of brushing his lips against hers, but knew that would be taking the dare too far. Instead he looked deeply into her eyes and watched her face deepen it's redness when he lowered himself completely so that he was now sitting fully on her lap, still facing her.

He moved his hands off her shoulders and lifted her long hair up off the back of her neck on with one hand held it up on top of her head.

"Oppa!" Yoona protested, and began to push at his chest, "Too heavy!"

With his free hand he softly ran an index finger across her lips.

Taecyeon laughed as he watched her struggle under his weight. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "Yoona, you light my fire with a single look." Yoona didn't know what to say, because the intimacy of his deep voice whispering in her ear had shaken her.

Her two friends came to her rescue as they tugged at Taecyeon to get off of their tiny framed sister.

"You're nuts!" said Tiffany.

Taecyeon joined in the laughter as he stood up and declared, "This is the last time you let me pick the game, right?"

After Sunny had to recite the English Alphabet backwards, and Yoona answered a truthful question about her first kiss in detail, it was Seulong's turn again. He gracefully picked a red block, as they all groaned when he read aloud, "Kiss someone on the lips."

He didn't hesitate for a moment when he jumped up from his seat and grabbed Taecyeon by both sides of his face and planted a huge kiss directly on his lips!

The room exploded as Taecyeon pushed Seulong off of him and tackled him on to the table. The tower quickly tumbled down as the girls picked up the wooden blocks and tossed them at the boys on the table.

After another hour of the game, and being sworn to secrecy, they gave each other code names that would allow them to exchange text messages without being discovered.

Taecyeon walked up to Yoona as she prepared to leave the room and asked her, "So what are the chances of finding out who it was?"

Yoona shook her head as a reply.

"But we are sworn to secrecy, so why not just tell me?"

"Because we promised we would never tell anyone."

Yoona had confessed her first kiss was with someone in SM Town. She was 16 years old at the time. Although he knew it was just a simple kiss, it slightly bothered him that her first had been given to one of her SM brothers. He didn't want to spoil the grand mood he was in with the sparks of jealously that began igniting.

He reached up and patted her head.

"I know your weakness now, Yoona. I might just have to give you another to tear it out of you."