Chapter 14: Lights, Camera, Action!

Chasing Deer Yoona

 

"Ong Hyung," called Khun from the livingroom, "Don't add the melted butter to the whole bowl, just take yours out first and add it to yours!"

"Yah!" yelled back Seulong from the kitchen, "I'm the one making the popcorn, so I'll make it any way I like!"

Chansung and Khun exchanged knowing glances at each other and Channie jumped up and whispered to Khun, "I'll get us some bananas in case it comes out too buttery. Save my seat!"

"Junho," Seulong instructed the young man next to him, "We don't need any glasses, we can drink the beer right out of the bottle like real men!"

"It's almost on!" bellowed Khun from the living room.

All three men in the kitchen scurried, bumping in to each other as they tried to hurry.

"TAEC," yelled Khun, "Dude, it's starting!"

Taecyeon emerged from his dorm bedroom and walked toward the couch, just as Chansung was about to sit down, he pulled him by the arm and nodded his head toward the floor.

"But I was there first!" Chansung protested.

Taecyeon glared at Changsung, and the maknae immediately sat down near the table of food.

"Khunnie was saving my seat!" he mumbled to himself.

Taecyeon nudged him with his foot, silencing him altogether.

"So it's the big kiss, right?" asked Junho. "Did you see the photos that leaked out? I wonder how many times they had to practice!"

Taecyeon transferred his death glare from Chansung over to Junho, who silenced himself with a mouth full of popcorn and a shrug of his shoulders.

"Oh I'm sure it isn't really her first kiss," Seulong quipped.

NichKhun turned to face his hyung and his eyes enlarged of their own accord, "How can you be so sure, after all, technically she's still underage."

As the music to Yoona's drama, 'Cinderella Man', played in the background, Seulong snuck a side glance over to Taecyeon, "Oh, call it intuition."

As the boys fed on the snacks, they took turns adding their commentary to the drama.

"Do you consider Sang Woo sunbae to be handsome?" asked Junho.

"He has a great body," nodded Chansung.

"And really fair skin too," Seulong envied.

"She probably doesn't hate him," Taecyeon mumbled loud enough for all of them to hear.

"Oh Yoona couldn't hate anyone," Khun declared. "She's got a heart of gold."

Seulong nearly choked on his beer as he looked back at Taecyeon.

Taecyeon leaned forward and mouthed, "Shut up!" back at his hyung.

"Ohhhh here it comes!" Channie sat up on his knees in anticipation.

"Are you recording this for Youngie and Junsu?" asked Junho.

"Forget them," Channie smiled, "I'm recording this for ME to replay over and over again!"

The room when silent as the scene before them unfolded. Each young man in the room had unconsciously leaned forward, and Channie's mouth was wide open as they watched the Yoona's first onscreen kiss.

The onscreen couple held hands as Sang Woo looked longingly into Yoona's eyes. Yoona's back was against the black hanging punching bag as Sang Woo stood in front of her. The softly melody played as Sang Woo closed the distance between them.

"Owwwwwwwww!" they all bellowed in unison as Sang Woo leaned slowly forward and gently kissed their princess Yoona. Yoona's eyes closed, and then as they parted they both shared a tender, caring smile with each other.

"Dude!" yelled Channie, "He's 33 years old, that should be a crime!"

"Fourteen years age difference is nothing these days," reasoned Seulong, "After all, if Heechul can go around kissing all s, then Yoona can certainly get some on screen!"

Taecyeon reached over and pushed Seulong's head to the side as he stood and marched silently out of the room.

"Ah Cham!" Khun watched Taec's back as he left the room. "What gotten into him?"

Seulong chuckled and faced the TV screen, "Not what, who." And he shook his head as he stood to follow his brooding younger friend, grabbing a bottle of beer on his way.

"So what's Plan B?" Seulong leaned against the door and took a swig from his beer.

"Do you think they really practiced that scene multiple times?" Taec mumbled from the edge of his bunk bed.

"Well," Seulong considered, "Since her first kiss was at 16, and her next kiss was you lip- her, I'd say that she probably really did need the practice."

"Screw you."

"No, it's actually you who is screwed, that is, unless you come up with Plan B."

"I don't know," shrugged Taec, feeling completely dejected. "I mean, she's never seen me as a man. Not once has she noticed me. Even when we share the same stage, I feel like I'm on the outside looking in. She's got those damn 'oppas' constantly around her."

"She's very popular," admitted Seulong. "Yoona is the kind of girl that makes you feel comfortable. Never awkward… so you will need to think about how to differentiate yourself from the others."

"Oh I've already done that," Taec snidely responded.

"Maybe next time try not to attack her?" Seulong walked over to his friend and offered him the bottle of beer.

Teac shook his head, refusing the beverage and sighed.

"Hyung, you think I didn't know that it was wrong? I can't even explain it, no matter how many times I replay it in my head. It's like … it's like running across a busy street during a short break in the traffic. You know you shouldn't do it, you know it's dangerous, but some idiotic switch gets flipped, giving you the confidence to go for it…and you start running, thinking you can beat the cars! You take the chance!"

He looked up at Seulong drinking from the bottle and paused.

"And then you become road kill… or in Yoona's case, a Eunuch."

Seulong wasn't expecting the dry humor, and sprayed his mouthful of beer directly at Taecyeon, soiling his t-shirt and jeans in one go.

"Aish!" Taec yelled at Seulong. "Now look at me!" He stood up and removed his cotton shirt, wiped off his face and arms with it and tossed it on the ground.

"You need skills!" Seulong instructed.

"This isn't a romance Manhwa or Drama," Taec said, as he ed his jeans. "It's not like I can grab her by the wrist and drag her off stage… or wait around for her to sprain an ankle and offer her a piggy back ride."

"Maybe it's YOU who needs the practice," Seulong teased, as he watched Taec push his jeans down to his ankles. "You can't even get a tomboy to notice you."

Taec's snarky grin quirked upwards, revealing a huge dimple in his right cheek. "Oh she noticed me, just not the way I want to be remembered." And unconsciously he rubbed his groin.

It was as if Seulong's radar had beamed directly on to Taec, as he was instantly filled with a prankish thought. He saw the chance to cheer his friend out of his blue mood. He bounded over to the tall, well built man, and attempted to pounce on his back.

"I'll let you practice with me, give me a piggy back ride!"

"Are you crazy? What are you doing?" Taecyeon was caught completely off guard as his jeans were wrapped around his ankle. He went tumbling down onto the floor, kneeling on all fours.

Seulong was still holding him from behind, in his tackle hug. "Save a horse, ride a cowboy!" He teased Taec holding him around his waist.

The boys in the living room turned their heads to look at one another at loud THUD, all three ran down the hall to investigate.

They nearly tripped over one another as they rushed to see what happened. They skidded to a stop when the saw Taecyeon on all fours, shirtless, and pants around his ankles. Seulong was behind him, also on his knees, with his arms wrapped around his Taec's waist.

Taec saw the shocked faces of his dorm mates, and raised arms off the floor straightening himself. Seulong quickly surmised the misunderstanding, and fueled the fire by reaching for his own jeans button and zipper, pushing Taec back on all fours.

"Oh Teac," he cried out dramatically exaggerating, "I JUST CAN'T QUIT YOU!"

The three boys standing in the doorway busted out laughing at the Brokeback Mountain reference and Channie scurried to his own dorm yelling behind him, "Wait Hyung, I'll get the camera!"

Back at the SNSD dorm, Tiffany, Yuri, Sunny and Yoona sat and watched the exact same drama scene unfold on their big screen LCD TV. The other members were guests on Taeyeon's Chin Chin radio program.

The girls had laid several blankets on the ground, covered it with pillows and watched the TV drama come to a close with the final scene building up.

As the kiss scene was revealed, each of the girls, except Yoona, squealed loudly!

"Yahhhh Yoona!" exclaimed Tiffany, "You're so awesome! Those lips of yours have kissed one of the greatest men on this earth!"

Sunny added, "He's like the all time greatest kisser ever! Who could ever forget that elevator scene in Bad Love?"

Yuri raised a pillow to her chest and gave it a hard squeeze. "Oh Yoona," she sighed, "I truly am jealous of you at this moment!"

Yoona just laughed at all her sisters comments and shook her head at them.

"Did you mess up on purpose," Sunny suggested, "So that you had to practice it several times?"

"I would have!" chimed in Tiffany.

Yoona's phone began to chime, one text message after the other. She shook her head as she read the messages from her oppas.

"Remember your first," Ryeowookie texted with a heart symbol.

"She's no longer a young girl, but a fully grown lady now!" Siwon texted.

"I miss you Yoong," Teukkie typed, "Even monkeys know how to kiss now a days!"

"How dare you kiss Sang Woo Sunbae before me!" Heechul tweeted.

"Heenim and I actually stopped our game of Starcraft to watch you tonight, Yoong. I think the least you could have done was offer up some tongue." The SuJu Maknae was always the biggest teaser of them all with her. She was truly a sister to him.

Her last text before she put down her phone was from DongHae.

"I'd give it a 3 out of 10. If you want a perfect 10 out of 10, you know where to find me. Any time. ;-p Oppa."

"Let's play it again!" demanded Yuri. "It passed by too quickly!"

As Sunny stood to grab the DVR's remote control Yoona attempted to explain, "It's not even close to what you guys are thinking! Sang Woo Sunbae is married! And besides, do you know how nervous I was? I brushed my teeth ten times and gargled with mouthwash for about five minutes straight!"

As Sunny pressed the replay button, the girls each watched the screen again.

"PAUSE IT!" screamed Yuri, as she watched Sang Woo's lips touch Yoona's.

"AHHHHH!" collectively they all screamed again, including Yoona, who was very embarrassed to see her onscreen-self standing so stiffly.

"He's holding down your arms!" Tiffany pointed out.

"Omo, omo, omo," Yuri exclaimed, "How did you not pounce on him, Yoona? Didn't you want to raise your hands up and touch his chest?"

They each let out a collective sigh at the mere thought.

"His chest and abs are unbeatable," proclaimed Sunny.

"His arms and shoulders are so broad and strong," observed Tiffany.

"Look at the look in his eyes after they break apart," Sunny demonstrated as she played the scene in slow motion.

"I can only imagine what the rest of him is like…" Tiffany's eyes twinkled mischievously. Each of the girls squealed in unison!

Yuri raised up the pillow she was holding against her chest, and confessed to it, "Oh Sang Woo Oppa! Please, don't…. what about your wife?" And with that she pushed the pillow into her face and fell to the ground.

"Sang Woo Oppa," Sunny joined in, "Please be gentle, after all, it's my first time!" Sunny also prostrated herself down on the floor, grabbing the body sized pillow and wrapped her arms and legs around it.

Tiffany and Yoona laughed heartedly as Tiffany asked, "Yoona, seriously, what did it feel like? How many times did you kiss him?"

Yuri sat up quickly and added, "What did he taste like?"

Yoona's face was red from both the laughter and the embarrassment that her sisters were causing her.

"We didn't rehearse it," Yoona explained. "Sang Woo Oppa said it would be better for me if we didn't rehearse. He wanted it to be natural, and he was also trying to protect me."

"He would be the one that would need protection," exclaimed Sunny, "from me!"

"Sunny," Tiffany pointed out, "You're so short and tiny, you would not survive a night with Sang Woo Oppa!"

All three girls except Yoona let out whooping sounds. Yoona was used to this type of girly banter, because this was just one of hundreds of nights when they watched romance movies together, however what she wasn't use to was being the one on the screen!

"YAH!" yelled Yoona at the lot of them. "Enough already!"

"Aigooo," Yuri tutted to Yoona, "Look at you, being all selfish and not telling us any of the good, juicy details."

"Seriously!" pouted Tiffany, "if it were any of US, we'd tell YOU!"

A wicked grin appeared on Sunny's face and she offered, "Unless you'd like to tell us about another kiss you've had…"

Yoona's eyes popped wide open and she silently gave Sunny the "you-wouldn't-dare" look.

Sunny pretended not to see Yoona and starting humming.

"PEPPERMINT!" yelled Yoona and they all jumped. "Sang Woo Sunbae tasted like Peppermint!