Chapter 17: The School’s Festival Pt. 4 - The Concert

The Twisted Love Story ❣

 

Minyoung’s POV

The café turned out to be great. Taeyang was so happy that he decided to treat all of us for dinner.

In the restaurant, we were all laughing and talking to each other. “I’m so glad we’re all getting along well.”

“Can I get another bowl of this and that and-” Yuna was ordering a lot, so Melody cut her sentence.

“That’s all. Thank you.” Melody said to the waitress.

“b-but …” Yuna was about to say something but Melody glared at her. Everybody laughs at the two best friends.

“By the way, are all of us attending tomorrow’s event?” Junyeon asked, as he put a food on his mouth.

“What’s the event?” I asked him.

“The concert.” he replied.

“Sounds fun. Let’s all go!!” Taejun said.

“Me and Junsu are not attending.” Hyunseok announced.

“Why?” Seungyun asked as she drinks her beverage. Everybody looked at Hyunseok.

“Well… We have something important to attend to.” he answered. And looked at Sooyoung.

“Those two seems like they’re hiding something from us. Hmm…”

“Can I come along with you guys?” Saeyoung asked.

“NO !!” Sooyoung and Hyunseok said in unison. Everyone was surprised at their reaction.

“You can’t go with them, you’re going with me and Min tomorrow.” Junyeon told Saeyoung.

“You can invite girls from other schools?” Seungyun asked. Junyeon nodded.

The night came by so quickly and it’s now 9 PM.

We all bid our goodbyes and gone our separate ways to the dorm building.

 

Seungyun’s POV

I was on my way to the dorm, when someone called out for me. I turn around to see who it was. It was no one else, but Taejun. I sighed as I turn around again, completely ignoring him.

“Hey !!” he called out again. I walked faster until I reached my room. I quickly closed the door behind me.

I thought he will quit, but he didn’t. He knocked on my door three times. “Open the door. I have something to tell you.” he said, on the other side of the door.

“I noticed you were jealous at me at the café, with the girls…” I still didn’t open the door, so he started talking. “How many times am I gonna tell this guy that I was not jealous at him.”

“So I planned a blind date for you.” He continued. I immediately opened the door.

“You what?!!” I shouted at him.

 

 

The next day

 

Sooyoung’s POV

Today is the day I’ll be pretending as Hyunseok’s girlfriend. I woke up early in the morning because someone texted me. It’s Hyunseok.

Hey ~ It’s me !! Wait for me at your dorm, I want you to try a dress I borrowed from my sister. –Hyunseok

“Aish !! This guy. If you weren’t so cute, I would have said no.”

Not long after I took a bath, someone knocked on the door.

I opened the door, and saw Hyunseok carrying a huge box.

“Hey. Here. Try this and don’t forget to put on the wig. It took me so hard to get it. I’ll be waiting here, once you’re ready.” he said.

The wig he was talking about was the wig I had on the beauty contest. He snuck in the auditorium to get it.

“Ok.” I closed the door and done what he told me to do. The dress was so beautiful.

I walked out the door to see a shocked Hyunseok.

“Wow !! You look beautiful !! You sure you’re not a girl?” he asked. Of course he was joking, but it still made me feel uneasy, so I just held his hand and walked to his car.

He was all smiles on the way to the café, he would take some small glances at me while driving.

“There they are.” Hyunseok said as he saw his parents. He parked the car and we walked in the café.

“Mom. Dad. This is my girlfriend, umm…” Hyunseok said as soon as we reached his parents’ table. “We still haven’t talked about the name I’ll have. Umm..”

“Sooyoung. Nice to meet you.” I said with my female voice, as I bowed to them.

We took our seats. I can feel his mom is glaring at me.

“Son, why did you pick her?” Hyunseok’s mom asked him.

“She’s not even pretty.” she continued as she looks at me from head to toe. “Ouch. That hurts.”

“Mom, don’t say such thing to her. She’s my girlfriend.” Hyunseok protected me from his mom. “Ha! Take that.”

“Why her? I want someone else to be your girlfriend.” His mom said back.

“Who? That crazy girl. You just want me to be her boyfriend because of your boss.” Hyunseok said, his tone was different from the one he had when we came here. He was mad.

“I heard that.” Some girl then approached our table. Hyunseok glared at her.

“What are you doing here?” Hyunseok asked the girl.

“She’s here, because I invited her. Sit here, Eunjung.” Hyunseok’s mom then stood up and let the girl sit. “So her name is Eunjung, and she’s the supposed girlfriend of Hyunseok. Oh…”

“Now, I want you two to get to know each other, Eunjung, Hyunseok.” With that said Hyunseok’s parents left the cafe.

“So who’s she?” Eunjung asked as she pointed at me.

“She’s my GIRLFRIEND.” Hyunseok replied, emphasizing the ‘girlfriend’, as he put his arms around me. “Omo !! His arms.”

Enjung scoffed. “Really? Why her? I’m clearly much prettier than her.” she said.

“She’s beautiful for me. She’s nice and she’s smart.” Hyunseok said back. I can feel my face turning redder and redder by every compliment he thrown to me. I can’t help but smile at him.

Eunjung raised a brow, then glanced at me. “If you love her, then kiss her.” she said, which made me and Hyunseok suprised. We looked at each other for a moment.

“Uh…” Hyunseok was speechless. Eunjung smiled and said, “See? You don’t like-”

Eunjung was shocked, and so was I. Hyunseok just kissed me on the cheek.

Hyunseok stood up and dragged me with him, as we left Eunjung, shocked and hurt.

We entered the car.

“Hyunseok…” I said, still processing what just happened.

Hyunseok looked at me with concern, “Sorry that I kissed you. You can punch me later if you want.” he said, as if begging me to not be mad at him.

“I’m not mad. It just took me by surprise.” I said to him. He felt relieved.

“Good.” he said then started the engine.

When we reached the dorm building, it was already 4 o’clock, which means that the concert was on-going. Me and Hyunseok still decided not to attend and went to our dorms.

 

Yuna’s POV

The concert just started, I was with Melody, but Donghoon stole her from me.

Long story short, I was left alone in the middle of the crowd.

It was not long when Chihoon arrived and talked to me.

“Hey.” I greeted him as I slightly waved my hand.

“What are you doing here all alone? Where’s Chris?” he asked.

“He’s with Donghoon.” I replied.

“Ohh…” is all he said. We both fell silent. “I should say something.”

“Donghoon better not make Chris drink anything alcoholic, or else.” I started.

“Or else what?” he asked me.

“Well, I don’t know if it’s true or not, but Chris told me he kisses the person beside him when he’s drunk.” I explained.

Chihoon chuckled. “That won’t happen.” he said. I chuckled as well. “Yeah.” I agreed.