CHAPTER 2

My Angel

 

Song Min’s POV

25th October. It’s exactly one year after eomma left. I still remember, 1 year ago, when eomma left, how hard appa and me searched for eomma. We asked around, her family , her closet friends, everywhere. We even put up “missing “posters with eomma’s face on it. Stating that whoever found eomma would be given a reward of one million dollars. But still, no one found her. Those who turned up on the door were all liars. They only wanted money.

I still tried to find her, even though it’s already been so long. Only until appa told me something that made me gave up hope.

- Flashback –

( Still Song Min’s POV )

“ Min ah, come here, it’s been long since we had a talk, and appa has something to tell you.” Appa said, gesturing me to sit on the sofa.

Appa looked very tired, the wrinkles on his face increased ever since eomma disappeared. Appa put his hand over mine, holding me, and I could feel his wrinkly skin.

“What is it, appa? You had a long day, why not we talk about this tomorrow morning, before you go to work?” I asked, concerned.

“No Min ah, this is important. It’s not that I’m saying there’s no hope. But if something isn’t supposed to happen, it won’t happen, that’s when you have to give up. I was thinking, all these months…What if your mother was actually hiding from us? That’s probably the only reason why we couldn’t find her no matter how high or low we searched.” Appa paused, feeling that I was shivering.

I tried to swallow back my tears and I was shivering from the hurt, sadness and depression building up inside me. Since he was holding onto my hand, he can feel it too.

Gently patting my hand, he continued “I know the both of us love her very much, but think, if she was happy now, maybe that’s the reason why she’s hiding, why not let her be happy? It’s time to let go, isn’t it?”

“Appa…I miss eomma…No matter how happy she might be now, I still miss her…She should have at least tell us where she’s gone…” I choked on my tears.

Since I was sobbing so uncontrollably, appa pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back tightly, for fear that he would, like eomma, disappear and leave me alone in this realistic world.

I could feel a drop of tear sliding down the back of my shirt. Staining it wet.

- End Of Flashback –