CHAPTER 9

My Angel

 

Trees.

That’s what I saw all around me. I was in a forest. The sunlight was peeking through the canopy. The grass was greener than usual and flowers of all colors could be seen in the forest. Beauty was along the lines of everything. Sounds of animals and their habitat could be heard faintly- Bids were perched on trees, chirping; crickets chirping; the rustling of leaves on the trees when the wind blows by and the faint sound of a distant waterfall…Everything could be heard… It was all so peaceful…

Just then, a gush of wind blew past me, rustling my long hair. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the fresh air all around me.

Everything was perfect at the moment. There is nothing to worry about - no schoolwork, no human bird, no frustrations. I was at peace. I could be here forever.

Just then, the faint sound of footsteps coming from behind me could be heard, interrupting me from my peaceful state.

I turned around, looking to see the intruder. My heart stopped immediately, as I stare at the person in front of me with a wide grin.

“Eomma”

One simple word that I missed saying so much;            One simple word that brings a smile to my lips. I admired her long wavy black hair, rustling when the wind blew by; how her tan skin goes with her yellow sundress .I missed her so much.

I ran towards her across the field and jumped to her arms, hugging her tightly so that she will never disappear again. I inhaled her usual fruity scent, intoxicating and overwhelming but still an amazing aroma that only suited her.

“Eomma,” I said again, this time a little louder.

“I missed you. Where have you been all this while?”

“Shhhh… Don’t cry, darling, it’s okay. Everything’s alright...” Eomma said as she wiped the tears streaking down my cheeks and planted a soft kiss there.

“I love you so much, Eomma” I whispered, inhaling her scent again.

“I love you more, Song min. Now, I have to tell you something very important - don’t trust anyone, some people out there have motives - evil motives, they will do anything to hurt you. Promise me you will be careful and always, always watch your back,” she said.

“I promise you but why? Why would I have to watch my back and who is the bad person, why won’t you tell me?” I replied “Sometimes, there are some things you have to find out on your own. Now, let!”

I nodded, smiling widely with all my worries gone and I began running with Eomma chasing me behind, exiting the forest and now entering a meadow of different flowers-roses, daisies, poppies, sunflowers and many more.The wind still stirring my hair as I ran through the meadows of flower with Eomma behind me. Just then a pair of arms encircled around my waist and carried me up, twirling me around. Her sweet melodic laughter filling my ears as she dropped me into the meadow full of flowers and said…

“I love you, Songmin, don’t ever forget that. I will come back. Goodbye, my dear.”

 

 

 

I jerked awake at this moment. Looking around, I saw nothing but four blue walls trapping me in my room. No forest. No flowers. No eomma. Running a finger through my hair, I heaved out a big sigh.

“it was just a dream, nothing but a dream…”I said to myself, disappointedly. How I wished this dream was real...but every nerve in my body told me this isn’t a dream, but more like a sign eomma had given me.

Out of the corner of my eye, an unusual striking pink object caught my attention. Holding my breath, I made my way slowly towards it with a million questions running through my mind.

‘What could that object be,’ I thought silently to myself ‘ I don’t own anything pink…’

I picked up that pink object and started wondering what it is. I let out a loud gasp as realization dawned upon me…

That pink object was a petal of a rose…

My dream... Could it be related?

Something was definitely up and I was going to do everything in my power to find out the truth in order to see Eomma again…