CHAPTER 1

My Angel

 

No One’s POV

“Eomma! Eomma! I’m home!” Song Min yelled once she stepped into the Song Mansion. The Song family was a wealthy family. Song Kang Dae, Song Min’s father, is the CEO of Song Electronics, the largest electronic company in South Korea. Being the only child in the family, Song Min was to become the successor of Song Electronics.

Song Min entered the kitchen, where her mother would have been most of the times, baking delicious cookies for the family.

“Eomma? Where are you? I got my high school application result!” Song Min shouted. Running to her mother’s bedroom, she saw their maid. Ahjumma Seo was crouching by the bed, her hand holding onto a piece of paper. The ahjumma that was already serving the Song family before Song Min was born, was crying.

Song Min rushed over to her side and asked her what’s wrong, ahjumma Seo said nothing, only giving her the piece of paper she was holding onto.

Opening that piece of note, Song Min saw her mother’s handwriting with the words written:

My dear daughter, I’m sorry. Please take care of yourself. And to the man I loved for more than 20 years, I still love you, please take good care of our daughter. I will miss the both of you dearly. Goodbye and I’m very sorry.

- Hwa Young                                               

Tears slid down Song Min’s face as she ran out of the house, screaming her mother’s name, hoping against hope, that she would find her.