CHAPTER 10

My Angel

 

Lee songsangnim continued muttering on and on about calculus and how important it was as we’d be using it in our lives for many many times blah blah blah... I drummed my fingers against my desk, impatient for the bell to ring.

“Song Min! Since you’re not listening, just get out of my class. Now.”

“But...”

“No buts, now get out.” His decision was final and I don’t see any point in arguing since he was always quite stubborn.

Sighing, i walked out of class, carrying my table and chair out along with me. Well, since I was already out, I might as well take this opportunity to go to the washroom since I have been holding my bladder for at least an hour now.

The toilet was empty, since everyone are having lessons right now, unlike me. I hurried into the nearest cubicle and sat down.

“CLANK!”

I heard a door slam shut outside but I don’t hear any footsteps. This is weird. What just happened?

Standing up, I slowly opened the door of my cubicle and I stepped outside. I glanced around, but no one was in the toilet so...

“Flicker flicker flicker.”

The lightbulbs were spoilt...Oh gosh... What the heck is happening right now?

And then, it turned pitch black.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I started screaming. I felt my heart hammering against my chest, and I started shaking with fear...

I had never liked the dark. Never did, never will.

“Ping ping ping”

I heard someone knocking against the mirror in the bathroom. Closing my eyes, I in still breaths as I tried to calm myself down.

I'm going to die, no! I'm too young to die! Eomma!!! TURN ON THE LIGHTS!!!! Eomma!!! I'm going to die! 

“BOO!”

“OHMYGOD GO AWAY!!!!!!!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!” I opened my eyes and started thrashing around helplessly again. I'm going to die! I'm going to die! I'm going to die!  Someone please save me...

That’s when I realised that the lights were back to normal. I turned around and looked into the mirror. Which was scrawled over with bloody red words that read “Die!”