CHAPTER 12

My Angel

 

After what seemed like hours but in reality was only 30 minutes, I felt as if my head was going to explode with numbers.

How I longed for a cup of ice cream right now...The cold, freezing chocolate ice cream melting inside my mouth...So sweet and tasty and I dug up another mouthful...

“Are you even listening?”

That snapped me out of my daydream.

“Urhh...Yeah”

“Then do the remaining questions by yourself and let me see after that.”

I got to work, racking my brains for an answer.

When I was done with the questions, I passed my paper to Kiseop, “here”.

He took my paper and fumbled in his pencil case for a red pen to check my answers. After a few minutes, he frowned, still staring at my paper.

“What? Did I get everything wrong?” I asked him.

“It’s not that...” He looked at me.

“Then what is?”

“It’s just that somehow, you managed to get everything correct...” He frowned again.

“Really? Oh my god! Thanks! I’m off! Bye!” I giggled excitedly as I jumped up from my seat and grabbed my bag.

When I was about to start walking to the door, a hand grabbed my arm. I turned around and saw Kiseop frowning at me, again.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked me.

“Urm...For some ice cream?”

“We’re not done yet,” He gestured to another set of questions on the table.

I face-palmed myself and sighed, “great, how great.” I mumbled.

“You’ll do this over ice cream, only because I want some too.” And he smiled at me.

I thought I felt my jaw drop almost automatically. It was just the faintest hint of a smile, but still...

Oh. My. God. His smile was downright gorgeous and cute. Those cute dimples and the sparkling white teeth, I thought I melted to the black ground below...

All my suspicions just faded away. Someone like him would never hurt me.

“You done gaping at me?” He frowned again.

Okay, I take back all my words, he was so NOT cute.

“Let’s go.” With that, he walked out of the black room, with me scampering behind him.

Boy, was this going to be a long, long day.

 

One large cup of chocolate ice cream with M&Ms and rainbow sprinkles please!” I smiled at the lady behind the counter.

We were at Icy Treats, the ice cream parlour near my house.

“You sure eat a lot. A large cup? Are you sure you can finish everything?” He eyed me and gave me a once-over.

I hit his arm with much more force than I intended to, “quit staring at me, just because I look like I’m skinny doesn’t mean I can’t eat a lot. And I definitely don’t waste food.”

“Okay! Fine! I get it! Violent person...” He grumbled and rubbed the spot where I’d hit him.

He looked at the lady and told her “Give me the same one as the lady please.”

After paying for our ice creams, we went to the table at the corner end of the parlour, beside the glass window. I sat on the chair facing the window while Kiseop sat on the other one facing me. He pulled out the last set of questions and passed them to me before turning around to look outside the window at the sky.

“Start doing it, we don’t have all day you know? And it’s going to rain soon.” He ordered me.

Ignoring him, I dug into the delicious ice cream before me, putting the spoon-

“Thanks for that.” Kiseop his lips and tried to get rid of the chocolate ice cream on his lips.

“Yah! That was mine!” I complained.

“You didn’t listen to me, I want to go home too before it rains you know? So quit wasting time.” He frowned, again.

I was starting to think he had a facial disorder or something, it’s like as if the only expression he could show was frown, except for the rare smile just now. I looked at him and frowned, trying to imitate him.

“This is how you look like every time.” I pointed to my face and stared at him.

That’s when I noticed a small drop of chocolate ice cream still left on the corner of his lips.

“Wait...Don’t more.” Leaning over, I used my thumb to wipe away the drop of ice cream, ”there, much better!” I smiled at him.

He didn’t respond and continued staring at me.

“What? What’s wrong?” I asked him.

Oh no, I shouldn’t have done that, should I? I could already feel the blush on my cheeks.

“Na..no..Not..Nothing...I’m just tired, I’ll leave now. It’s going to rain any moment.” Then, he grabbed his bag and left the parlour.

“Wait! You haven’t finish your ice cream!” I shouted to him, “Did I...do something wrong?” I whispered to myself...

Staring at his retreating back, I sat down and started solving the questions. Appa won’t be home until 6 and it’s only 4.30...I guess I’ll just stay here ‘till then. I’m not really looking forward to being alone if I went home earlier.

 

After I was done with those questions, I glanced at my watch. 5.30...I sighed, there’s still half an hour to 6. Maybe I should just go home now.

Walking down the empty street since not many people lived in this part of town as the houses here were unaffordable to many, I rubbed my arms. It was starting to get cold...

Someone walked past me, he was dressed in all black and with a hat and I thought he looked familiar. Turning around, I looked at the guy, only to find that there was now no one on the street except me. That guy just disappeared into thin air.

I suddenly felt a sharp, hard blow to the back of head and I fell to the ground, straining my neck as much as I could, I looked up to see the guy in black staring down and grinning evilly at me...

Kiseop...

That was the last thought I had before the throbbing pain at the back of my head made me pass out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello readers! So...it's my birthday today! So this chapter is like a gift from me for those supporting me till now! I hope more of you will suscribe, vote and comment! It'll be like the best birthday present ever! :D Have a great day everyone!