CHAPTER 11

My Angel

 

“What is wrong with you? Have you gone crazy? You’re disturbing the entire school! Forget it, just come back to class and Kiseop will tutor you about what happened in class just now before you went psychotic, in detention class. Lee songsangnim barked at me as he opened the door and ushered me out.

All I could was to just wrap the blanket given to me by a nurse around me even tighter. When I walked out of the toilet, I look around a saw a crowd of students all standing around the toilet, looking for some juicy gossip about what just happened. When they saw me, they gave me weird looks. Even the nurse was giving me a pitiful look and I suddenly felt claustrophobic.

Looking at me, lee songsangnim sighed and asked me “Look, are you okay? If you’re not, just go home.”

Shaking my head, I whispered “I’m fine...”

We walked back into class and I sat down. I decided to put the blanket away since it only seems to make others think I was crazy for freaking out for no apparent reason. Well, what they really didn’t know was that there was a reason for freaking out. Who wouldn’t after experiencing what I’d gone through? I shuddered at the thoughts of the words on the mirror...

Die!

Die!

Die

Shaking my head, I focused on something else to try and get away from those thoughts...

Resting my head on my arm, I laid down on the table. Taking a quick peek around, I noticed everyone in the classroom, too, were giving me weird stares. All except one, Kiseop, who was staring straight ahead on the clean blackboard with a blank face. Shrugging, I leaned back down on the table again, one less person staring, the better, I thought.

Class ended quite soon after and now I have to report for detention in the ‘black room’, well, it was named that way because the whole room was painted black -The teachers think it will help us concentrate more since the room only had one colour, black.- and the only thing that wasn’t black was actually the lights from the ceiling.

When I walked into the room, the first person I saw, or rather, the first thing i saw was Kiseop. He sat on a black table right at the front row, hunched over something (I can’t see) Boy, he sure was early, considering the fact that I was already 5 minutes earlier than the expected time to report. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t excited to see Kiseop, I just didn’t want Lee songsangnim to have another reason to extend my detention time. And truthfully, I was still a bit shaken by the incident, and the earlier I could get home to rest, the better.

“You sure are early, for someone who was forced to tutor another person.” I told him as I walked over.

“I volunteered to tutor you.” He simply replied.

“What?! I asked, shocked.

When he didn’t reply, I asked again “What did you just say?”

“I just think that you’re really weak in calculus, and since Lee songsangnim asked me to, I couldn’t refuse? Could I?” He told me, without bothering to look at me.

“Fine, thanks then, let’s get started”