The Beginning

Taelli Drabbies

Prequel to /autumn haze/ and /of snow and spices/

 
Intro:
 
She was born at the time of fall, where her parents proclaimed it a blessing. Her carriage and bedside near the window of her room, would she stare at the colourful leaves drifting off from the great, strong, trees that stood a few meters away in her backyard.
 
By age ten, she has learned to decipher what leaves belonged to which trees and how to spell coniferous and deciduous. Her favourite tree, was the red cedar though, she wanted to grown tall and strong someday.
 
*
The boy grew up in the same  neighbourhood, years earlier before her, and was stunned by the first time he had encountered snow.
 
The cold material that would sometimes melt if its too thin, or the cold, rugged snow that would become ice. He preferred soft snow rather than the hard snow as it became a job or chore to clean out the pavement for his family to go to school and work. It still mesmerized him, from snowflake after snowflake.
 
Each one was different. 
 
Just like leaves that curl and crackle differently, each snowflake had different wings and angles -when examined carefully.
 
As each child grew older, and matured, they still had a soft spot for their favourite seasons.
 
And every time it struck autumn or winter, it would bring back many memories of them alone studying how different leaves felt , and the thickness of snow.
 
Little did they know, that every night in their dreams, they are meeting someone like themselves who would look into each other's snow and would fall in a pattern that ever would; their first encounters with love.