Baking

Taelli Drabbies

This time, they're baking. Baking brownies, and muffins, to being over to Krystal's surprise birthday party that Jinri had planned on doing for months now.

"Streamers check, cake - we're making that, party hats?"

"Jinri-don't worry! We've got it all covered. We just need to bake the goods."

 

She's stressed because she wants to be the best party planner ever, and she hopes that she hasn't left any important details out. She had already spend countless night planning and avoiding Krystal like the plague. She just hopes that Krystal doesn't suspect anything.

-----------------

In the kitchen, early in the morning, after having a cup of premium roast coffee for Taemin, a nice cup of green tea for Jinri, and some apple streusel muffins for breakfast, they declare that its finally the time to start baking as the sunlight shines through the blinds.

Taking out the ingredients, Taemin sneaks in a few Hershey choclate kisses and Jinri attacks him for commiting stealing in the kitchen by giving home a few whacks on the back.

"Ouch!"

"Oppa~ Don't eat now! We have to get busy to prepare for my best friend's secret party!"

He's about to whine but decides to follow along anyways because listening to her voice just makes him smile like a puppy.

They mix in the cup of water, two cups of flour, two eggs, cup of choclate chips, into the mixing bowl and both of them hum a happy tune. Amongst the baking, they're having fun as well as Taemin accidentally nudges his girlfriend while she is pouring in the sugar causing the sugar to splatter on the table. She laughs and feeds him a strawberry and in return, he gives her a backhug kissing her cheek with choclate flavors on hips lips.

Its no surprise when they had finished round one of baking, the kitchen is a mess. Eggs shells scattered, candy spilled. wrappers all around, Jinri motions her lover to clean up while she sets the oven to 350 degrees.

While doing so, he brews another cup of free-roasted coffee because he's a coffee addict. He likes the smell of it, the warmth feeling that seeps into his soul when he inhales the dark liquid which he then adds lots of milk to make the cup of coffee a light, creamy brown.

"Coffee's bad for you, Taem."

"Habits die hard."

He chuckles, and wraps his arms around her.

"You'll taste so much better without that coffee breath."

"Mmmm."

------------------

By the end of the afternoon, they're full from eating broken chunks off their delicious baked goods, and they wrap and set everything nicely in their own miniature packages waiting until Soojung arrives. While they wait, and the clock ticking, they set aside to their own things and habits in their own condo apartment where they take over their little spaces.

He composes and she hums her own little happy tune in their own rooms unaware of each other's prescence. They both sing,

"To-day, we've baked, a whole-lot-of, goods to-day."

"To the brim, of--my, belly, yum-yum!"