Of Snow and Spices

Taelli Drabbies

 

~Sequel/Epilogue to Autumn~
 
Of Snow and Spices
 
His favourite weather is actually winter, and he meets her again. Together, they fall in love with the combo of season matched together.
 
He likes winter because it snows, a white paradise that sweeps over the  city and the land. A beautiful, monochrome view that he adores every year, that stops school from coming and from going out to destinations.
 
He stares outside his bedroom window beaming oh-so happily over the silent streets laid out before his eyes. Traffic has come and gone, and silence sweeps over.
 
He admits that it is quite lonely, considering that not many around him has ever bothered to care wheat his favourite season was and why would they ever want to know.
 
Dressed up in warm winter mitts, and warm, knits, he sets out to the library to settle his past time before dinner.
 
Hs boots make soft crunches in the snow, and he delicately stomps off the white snow off his feet before entering the public building.
 
What he liked about the literary was not because of the variety of books but because of the windows and decorations that made the library  look like a winter paradise.
 
In fact, he isn't very fond of reading, but perhaps, today, may have an affect on him possibly?
 
*
 
There is a scent that smells that he likes. It combines well with the scent of winter, and makes everything so homey and comfortable. A definite match to the nose.
 
Just like pumpkin and spice that fits with cinnamon, from thanksgiving to winter, he craves for warmth.
 
Walking alongside of the scent, he wonders if a kitchen is nearby, but only walks towards the scent of cinnamon and spice parfumerie.
 
It is a girl looking outside the window, with her hands touching the cold glass and clothes in rich brown and red, and gold; that he realizes that she misses fall.
 
Her hands clutched onto bookmarks decorated with colourful orange leaves, he takes the chance to pick a fallen one from the red, Turkish carpet.
 
"Excuse me?"
 
She turns around and gives him a small smile with a hint of sorrow in her eyes. He doesn't know wether to pity or simply let her wait until autumn comes by.
 
"You dropped your bookmark."
 
"Oh."
 
Her voice cracks,  shade of hoarseness as I've she has been crying ever since winter has come, but a hinge of acceptance of what has come and questions of why....
 
"Do you want it back?"
"It's fine, you may keep it, if you want."
 
He holds onto the bookmark a second longer before handing it to her.
"You need it autumn more than me, keep it."
 
And suddenly, she hugs him and doesn't let go, and for some reason, and he accepts it and hugs back.
 
She later invites him over to her house, and gives him pumpkin pie with white macaroons decorated with snowflakes from a quick batch of vanilla icing. In return, he finds himself sharing the first intimate action he has ever done with a girl for the first time in life by feeding her some pumpkin pie. 
 
Both of them come to a conclusion that autumn and winter do mix very well.