JUMP

Taelli Drabbies

 

jump -  where taemin takes a stranger on an adventure and ends up possibly doing exotic things like skinny dipping and also maybe  finding new interest in each other.
 
JUMP
 
She meets him on the beach alone. And strikes a small talk with the young, handsome man.
 
"Where are you going?"
"Why?!"
"Bring me there with you- I want to join you...."
 
There's a faint pause, but after a few seconds of pausing, he grabs hold of her, and brings her to his old get away car: a 4x4 broken-down red GMC 
 
Along the ride, they don't talk much, yet there would be frequent glances at each other on the rear mirror. The music is playing hits from the 90s she wonders what she has gotten herself into.
 
He drives along the sea side, and towards a cliff, and towards the end, he parks is car, and unlocks the door and stands out.
 
A wide open area, like a secret place. A place to relieve stress, and to calm yourself. A cliff that lies ahead, and the ocean hitting up against the rocks below. A sight, that only one know of. The sky, a beautiful shade of mangy orange, and yellow with tints of red and purple. She has come upon luck. 
 
"We're there."
 
She is stunned. The view-breath taking, and she comes out in an awe wishing she had brought along with a camera at least. But no.
 
"It's so pretty here."
 
He doesn't seem to hear her. Or perhaps he just left like ignoring her. It just seeme to be that he was too immersed with his own thoughts (to even bother).
 
"Do you come here often?"
 
He looks at her, with a small smile and his eyes contain a small glint of everything she ha ever wondered about. - drugs, parties, fun, pan, betrayal, freedom~
 
"I don't. "
 
"Oh."
 
He tells her a white lie. In fact, he comes here often. Every weekend, lane, and for the first time, he brings a company. This place a hide out since childhood, away from bullies, annoying parents: his favourite place. Where he can freely dance and move alongside with the wind, he does not care. He doesn't know if he has done the right  thing, yet he goes along expecting anything to come. She seemed nice enough... Right?
 
For a brief second, both of them look the opposite direction scanning the horizon admiring what the sky and ocean has given them. For him, he was used to this, but for her, it was a brand new experience.
 
"Don't tell anyone about this place."
Why?
 
Her question causes him to raise his brow, thinking that perhaps she was quite a nosy person to be with.
 
"Just because."
 
And after that, he turns around, dangling his feet at th edge of the cliff.
 
"What are you doing?"
"I'm going to jump."
 
.....
 
You're joking right?
 
She doesn't hear an answer, but sees him with gleaming eyes gazing down at the cold, ocean.
 
Before she can even stop him,
 
He jumps off.
*
 
Her name, Sulli, expects him to fall as if he was doing a suicidal jump, to his death. Yet, he soars like the birds in the sky, swooping over the surface before landing into a small splash of salty water-what a way to relive a whole being. 
 
She is about to squawk indigently yet hears happiness, and laughter ringing in her ears.
 
She smiles.
 
When he climbs up somehow, he talks to her and somhow take a chance: the gentleman takes the lead,
 
"Jump with me."
 
He, Taemin, does not ask questions. His words all thought out beforehand, and phrases only to be said with sincerity and trust.
 
And together, they jump, hand in hand, not caring  what is to come at their way. Whether they jump and survive, or fall deep- sinking down to the bottom.
 
She is not afraid, nor is he.