Hey~

Coffee Stains and Princes

 

Mr. Park, along with the other homeroom teachers and Ms Hong, stood in front of the crowd.

Strangely enough, the students haven’t been complaining about anything, not the fact that there’s no internet, no phone signals, nor the fact that their designer wear are in total contrast with their surroundings. Or maybe it’s because it’s morning and it’s so cold that they don’t have the energy to complain.

“We let you stay in the cabins last night since we know you are all tired from the trip. Today, however, is when you get divided into teams and settled in less luxurious cabins~” Mr. Park enthusiastically announced through the megaphone.

He looked around before speaking again, “Each team will be composed of…”

His words began to fade into air as EunMi started blabbing about the latest drama on TV, I seriously didn’t care who’s with whom, but anything is more interesting than what Mr. Park was talking about.

“I saw Jaejoong-sunbaenim having a serious conversation with Changmin a while ago.” She suddenly mumbled. My heart pounded at her words, what exactly did she hear?

“What happened?” I sighed, hiding the fact that I’m interested.

She shrugged her shoulders and went, “I don’t really know. I just saw them talking and this tense atmosphere was building up, I had to leave.”

“Don’t confuse reality with your K-dramas.”

“Okay, okay~ they weren’t really seriously talking. They were hanging around in the veranda, just the two of them.”

And my heartbeat calmed down. Why did I feel nervous all of a sudden? So what if they talked? They always talked, they’re friends.

I looked to my far left and found the five princes talking amongst themselves then laughing at Junsu who was still staring at them obviously wondering what exactly was funny.

“He’s so cute.” EunMi sighed.

I turned to her, with eyes wide open, “Did you just-“

“I didn’t say anything.” She averted her eyes then turned to the teachers speaking in front, “Look! They’re picking teams now.”

We watched the first batch of students pull out gold balls from a red box. One by one they opened it and each ball contained a wrist sweatband, each of a different color: Red, White, Black, and Blue.

“Now… As you can see, there are four teams one for each color, whichever you pick will be your team and the first game would be for you to navigate your way to your respective cabins.” Ms. Hong spoke over the megaphone as Mr. Park carried the red box through the crowd.

I watched Jaejoong and Changmin pull their hands out the box. They opened the gold balls: red and black respectively.

 A squeak and a yeay was then heard as Miyoung pulled on Changmin’s arm and waved her hand at him, showing him the black sweatband on her wrist. I immediately looked away and shoved my hands in my pockets.

I felt a push on my shoulder which made me look forward. The red box was already in front of me.

As I placed my hand inside, I felt people staring at me. My heart pounded as I took the ball out, even more when I clicked it open. WHITE.

“We’re on the same team!” EunMi exclaimed. I stood there stunned as Mr. Park left our side.

What was I expecting anyway?

 Jaejoong, Junsu, and Yunho gathered around me and EunMi.

“We don’t get to be on the same team…” Junsu mumbled towards EunMi as he raised his blue wristband.

Yunho ruffled my hair and waved his white wristband, “Looks like you’re mine for now” he grinned.

“Okay… Please stand in front of your assigned team captains! Your teachers are wearing vests of their team color.” Ms Hong called out and we all moved towards the teacher wearing our team color.

“I wonder what we have to do~” I excitedly told Yunho as he assisted me through the crowd.

Our team captain, Ms. Lee, wore a white vest over her Christmas patterned sweater.

“Hello there JinAh and Yunho.” She smiled brightly at us as she waved a small silver pompom.

Yunho and I held our chuckles as we bowed our greeting towards her.

Soon the students have all settled in their respective places and instructions were being announced by Mr. Park, “Alright students. Listen carefully, I will only say this once.” The chitter chatter faded as he spoke, “As per your parents’ request, there’s security and medics scattered in the area. They will not be easy to spot so don’t even try cheating. Anyway, your task is to find your cabins and collect as much flags on the way there. It will be used for the next activities. Now, please do surrender all your gadgets to your captains and they will be placed in the mansion safe. We assure you it will be returned to you in the same condition.”

Mr. Park continued to talk about warnings, rules and directions before we were all sent back to our previous cabins to collect our things.

“What are you pouting about? We’re on the same team.” I said to EunMi as I closed my bag. She got up and pulled the handle of her luggage bag.

I raised my eyebrow as I pulled on my bag, “Is it because you’re not on the same team with Junsu?”

She immediately turned to me then plopped back down on her bed.

“You’re so obvious…” I chuckled, sitting beside her.

She sat up and glared at me, “at least I'm acknowledging that fact, unlike you and two other people.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking abo-“

“Hey let’s go!” Yoochun suddenly burst into our room, carrying his huge backpack. Behind him was Yunho who had a bright smile on his face as he gestured for us to go.

As we left the room, I felt someone pull my bag’s handle off my grasp. I turned and saw Jaejoong holding it, “go ahead I’ll carry it for you.”

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and stared at him.

“Changmin!” Junsu yelled as he left his room, “Hurry up, did you pack your whole house in there?!”

I turned to where the sound came from and saw Changmin tailing Junsu, his bag obviously full.

“Changmin-ah, you look like a turtle!” I laughed.

When he was able to reach me, he pinched my cheek while saying, “say that again” through gritted teeth.

Laughter continued to escape me even though my cheek was starting to hurt.

“Yah, enough. We have to go.” Jaejoong’s voice resounded as he walked away from us.

Changmin let my cheek go and I immediately rubbed the part he pinched.

“Ha! That’s what you get.” He mumbled as he followed Jaejoong out. I quickly caught up with him and repeatedly slapped his arm. He laughed at my gesture and continued to make fun of me.

We continued to walk towards where the students were to gather and they were already giving their things to Miss Hong.

“See you later,” Changmin said as he stepped towards his team. Jaejoong handed me my bag and smiled before leaving.

“You don’t plan on rolling that around are you?” Yunho pointed at my bag.

I pushed down my luggage handle and pulled out the straps, “nope!” I grinned. Before I could carry it, he already took it from me and swung one strap over his shoulder.

He mumbled something barely audible and smiled while he pushed me towards our team’s location.

“What did you say?” I blurted.

“I didn’t say anything” he grinned.

I faced him and pouted, “Oppa tell me pleeeeaassssee~”

“Don’t use the aegyo card on me, it doesn’t work.” He said, looking away.

“Pleeeaasee oppa! Please~ “ I pleaded, jumping up and down while pulling on his arm.

He stepped forward. I stepped back and let his arm go.

He looked back at me and laughed before moving ahead.

I stomped my feet in annoyance.  Because I miscalculated my actions, I stepped on something and jolted backwards.

Closing my eyes, I waited for the impact. But two-three seconds passed and I didn’t feel it. I’m pretty sure I didn’t fall on a cliff. I opened my eyes and saw Jaejoong holding me.

He helped me steady myself.

“Are you alright?” he asked.

“I’m okay.” I sighed as I turned to him.

His hands were still on my shoulders and his gaze was still leveled with mine when suddenly Changmin’s voice caught our attention.

“Yah clumsy girl! Your team’s gonna leave you behind!” he yelled.

I rushed towards the direction where the students wearing white wristbands were going.

Remembering something, I turned around and spotted Jaejoong still watching me.

“I’m still mad at you.” I grinned.

He smirked at me then nodded.

I watched him follow his team before catching up with mine.