Fast Lived

Coffee Stains and Princes

 

I caught myself stealing glances at my new found romance.

No, I wasn’t head over heels for Changmin, I was just curious. I wanted to see him, what he’s doing, how he’s doing, making sure Miyoung wasn’t running her hands all over him… okay, I was kind of, just a tiny bit, in LIKE with him.

Whenever he caught me looking, he’d laugh and shake his head. I’d always bow and blush but we’d find each other staring after a moment.

“What’s with the eye-ing?” Eunmi suddenly elbowed me, “you and Changmin are a little too lovely-starey today… Did something happen?”

I shook my head and forced down a smile, trying to bring myself back to finishing our assigned tasks.

Suddenly, I felt a hand grab my arm, “We need to talk,” my childhood friend’s voice rang strict and strong beside my ear before I got pulled away from the crowd.

“Hey, what’s up?” I said as I pulled away from him.

Jaejoong laid both his hands on my shoulders and made me face him, “Don’t JinAh… please don’t.”

“Don’t what?”

“Don’t… just don’t… Changmin-“

“Why not? It’s not like I’m not allowed to-“

“Just don’t, okay?”

“Why not? Tell me why and maybe I’d consider-“

“JinAh! No fraternizing with the enemy!” Ms Lee called out then smiled.

I pulled away from Jaejoong’s grasp and headed back to my group. I felt my heart sink, never in the history of our friendship did I walk away from Jaejoong like this.

Whenever we fought, he’d just give me a back hug, mumble a sorry and it was all over. But this was a little different. I don’t know how, but it is.

I glanced back at him and saw him force a smile as he nodded at one of his team mates.

Sorry Jae.

Continuing with the tying up of the ribbons, I let myself forget everything and just keep my head in the game.

We cheered and rushed as the teachers counted down the last 10 seconds of the game.

The last second ticked and everyone went into a frenzy. People jumping and excited squeals filled up the environment. They started moving away from their work as ordered by the teachers. While they moved back, I saw Miyoung grab Changmin’s arm and pull him away from the crowd.

I kept my stare on them and watched as they headed behind the villa.

“Where are you going?” I heard Eunmi say. I looked back at her, “I need to use the bathroom” I said.

Taking light steps, I followed them.

“A kiss… really nice touch Minnie~” I heard Miyoung say as she slowly clapped her hands, “your mother must be really proud of you now.”

“Shut up.” Changmin voice was monotonous as he replied to her.

I tipped my head to the side to peek out from the edge of the house that hides me from their sight. Changmin was leaning on the wall and Miyoung was practically molding their bodies together as she leaned her body on him.

She had her hands on his shoulder and flipped her bangs off her face.

“Baby~ How much longer do I have to watch you fake-love that girl?” she spoke.

I held my hand over my mouth to avoid making unnecessary noise. What the heck was she talking about?

Changmin was just staring at her, no words escaping his lips, no emotions in his eyes.

She stepped away from him.

“What’s wrong with you? Are you taking your mom’s order seriously?!” she stomped, “You only have to break her heart bad! What’s taking you so long to do that? Screw her, break up with her, done!”

I felt my chest burn what the does she mean?!

“Are you going to defy her words and get hurt again for some stupid girl like Shin JinAh???” Miyoung continued to angrily speak.

All of a sudden it grew quiet and Miyoung was just staring at Changmin who hung his head low.

“Perhaps…” she laughed mockingly, “you really like her, don’t you? You bastard!”

“No! Baby, I need to be more convincing” Changmin’s tone surprised me. It was greasy and disgusting, like those gangsters who screw with numerous women as a past time.

“That’s more like it.” Miyoung smirked as she wrapped her arms around Changmin’s neck and crashed her lips on his.

I backed up and quickly scurried out the scene. Tears threatened to fall as I kept myself intact. I was going to break any minute.

He was just lying.

He never meant anything.

He was going to hurt me because his mother ordered him to?

I should’ve known. I should’ve known. I should’ve-

My thoughts were stopped as I softly bumped into someone.

“I’m sorry…” I sniffed, trying to get out of his way… out of everyone’s sight.

“Are you okay?” the husky voice of Jaejoong filled my ears and caused my tears to fall.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close, “What happened?”

“I should’ve listened to you” I hiccupped in his hold.

He said nothing else as he my hair and tightened his hug.


 

I'm really sorry for the late updates TT^TT Thank you for still reading~

What do you think of the poster? If you can even call it that xD