Again

Coffee Stains and Princes

 

“This is the 4th time the both of you have been sent here for your rash behavior!” the usually calm eccentric guidance counselor of ours said as she stood up from her seat and stood in front of us, leaning on her desk.

After the first incident in the classroom, Coffee Boy and I have found ourselves in episodes that have led me to hit him or him to hit me or led to awkward situations that school authorities misunderstood.

We both sat there with heads hung low in embarrassment. It’s his fault. Always is.

“Can you guys explain everything to me? Mr. Shim, you do know that it is ual harassment when you touch a girl in a place she is not comfortable being touched in. Ms. Shin I understand that you feel annoyed towards Mr. Shim but seriously, you need to calm down! And then I see you a second time for indecent behavior in the classroom after classes. Are you guys even using prote-“

“WHAT?! I told you before that we weren’t doing anything!” my voice came out a little too loud.

Ms. Hong glared at me before continuing her speech, “See, you definitely need anger management. 3rd time you were sent here, you two and another boy from your class, fighting. High class students using fists? And a girl too! Really? Are you guys even kidding me? And now…” she let out a deep sigh, “I’m all ears. Explain.”

I turned my head to Coffee Boy who kept his head low.

Why won’t he say anything? He started almost every trouble we got in to.

Silence engulfed the room, none of us willing to say anything.

“Ah. I don’t know what to do with the both of you!” Ms. Hong declared as she gathered her stuff, “I’ll leave you two. And I better get an explanation when I come back or I’m sending you both to a week of public service.”

She left the room and slammed the door behind her.

I stood up and copied Ms. Hong’s position, “Yah, why won’t you talk?” I crossed my arms and glared at Coffee Boy.

He turned to the window and didn’t say anything.

“We’ll get in more trouble than you’ve already brought us! Say something.” I stepped closer to him.

Coffee Boy stood up and looked down at me before walking towards the door.

“H-hey! If we leave this office she-“

Before I could even finish my sentence, he was already out of the room.

I pulled at my hair. “Ugh!!! He’s driving me crazy!” I yelled and stomped my feet.

Storming out of the office, I continued to mumble in annoyance. Coffee Boy is getting me a week of public service with HIM. What is wrong with that boy?!

“Hey grumpy, what’s with the-“ Jaejoong handed my bag to me. I hastily grabbed it and walked away from him.

“Yah! Jin-ah! Where are you going?! The parking lot’s this way!” I heard him call out to me.

I continued to walk towards the gate, “I’m walking.” I yelled back.

It always calmed me down when I walked to Constellation. It’s great that we had P.E. today and since Coffee Boy and I were sent to the office before I could get changed, I was wearing my jogging pants and hoodie. It’s warmer and less attention-catching than my school uniform.

I arrived at the shop about 30 minutes later.

The bell rung over the door and the atmosphere in the coffee shop slowly comforted me.

 “Mmm~ warm” I hummed walking into the staff area.

After changing into the uniform and putting on an apron, I went out to man the counter.

“Please take a seat sir, your order will be there in a while.” I smiled at the old man.

As he left the cue, I saw a familiar young man enter the café.

The bell rang signaling his entry, he looked towards the right and then nodded. He tossed his hair a little before coming towards me. My blood began to boil again.

I gritted my teeth, “Caramel Macchiato, right?”

He smirked at me before opening his wallet.

As he handed me his credit card, he said, “I’ve been waiting for you to say that.”

I looked up at him. An eyebrow raised, mouth slightly open, looking for words to say.

I lightly shook my head and continued to my task.

“Ah, get me one iced Caramel Macchiato too, Jinah-sshi.” He said.

Is this really Coffee Boy? Shim Changmin?

I punched in his additional order and charged it.

“Please take a seat, your order will be served in a while, Changmin-sshi.” I mindlessly replied.

I just used his name.

He left the counter and went to his usual seat.

“Yui-unnie,” I called the attention of the employee who was wiping the counter, “kindly…” I discreetly pointed to the incoming customers and she quickly caught on. She took my stand behind the cash register.

“Cara-Mac and Iced Cara-Mac” the other employee handed to me.

I pulled the tray and delivered it to Coffee Boy’s table.

“Sit.” He said while I placed the drinks down.

I followed his order. I don’t know what he’s going to do but he has seriously gotten me puzzled.

He pushed the Iced Caramel Macchiato towards me, his head facing the window.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

My eyes widened. This guy that I despise for being rude and acting all high and almighty… Is apologizing to me?

A totally-not-believing-this ‘what?’ left my lips.

“Look I don’t wanna say it again, okay.” He faced me, his cheeks flushed but his eyes still very hostile.

Yup, it’s still him.

“What are you sorry for?” I took a sip of the drink.

His gaze fell to his lap, “For getting us in trouble…” he mumbled just loud enough for me to hear.

Silence fell between us. We were just there, sitting across each other taking occasional sips of our drinks.

“I’m sorry too… for being… you know…” I broke the awkwardness. He looked at me and smiled a little.

There it was again, that warm feeling he gave me before we met in school.

“I deserved it” he rubbed the back of his neck as his gaze went anywhere that’s not me.

I let out a soft chuckle as I spotted a bit of foam above his lips.

“What?” he asked.

I pointed above my lip and he used his thumb to wipe his.

My heart started beating wildly as he did so. It was as if all of a sudden his action was in slow motion.

I giggled again when I saw that there was still some left on the side of his lips.

Instinctively, I reached out towards him and wiped it off.

We both froze at the realization of what I just did.

 I quickly retrieved my hand and stood up.

“Sorry!” I bowed quickly.

As I stood straight, I saw him softly laughing, his mismatched eyes catching my attention before he turned away from me.

“Yeah… this is awkward. See you in school.” I quickly mumbled as I walked away, hugging the tray to my chest.

 

On a Wednesday, at Constellation café, I watched it begin again.

 

 


Ahh, I want to apologize in advance.

I've gone back to school for my 2nd semester and it might get a little difficult to update regularly due to the lessons and pressure.

So please bear with me when I don't update quickly.

Thank you so much for reading and subscribing!

And hahah I love that one line from T.Swift's 'Begin Again' so yeah ^^,v