White~

Coffee Stains and Princes

 

I sat on the ground as the medic tended to my ankle.

Ms Lee pouted as she watched me staring at my foot, “This means she can’t play, right?” she said to the medic who nodded in reply.

Both my teacher and I sighed. I wanted to play and I’m pretty sure she wanted everyone to enjoy the trip.

“I don’t think she should be allowed to put pressure on her foot for at least 2 days.” The medic spoke as he gave my leg a soft pat and stood up.

“Thank you…” I muttered to him and he left with a soft smile.

Ms. Lee heaved another sigh before grinning and lifting the red flag I was able to retrieve.

“Since you can’t play, I’ll take this. You rest well!” she ruffled my hair before skipping towards the others.

I sat on the porch of the old cabin, looking at the students going crazy over their current game.

Apparently they had all of us take different paths but the location of the cabins are on the same spot.

“I told you to take it easy…” the step I was sitting on creaked as another person took a seat beside me.

I turned my head and a sweaty Jaejoong greeted me with a sad smile.

He ran a hand through his hair then leaned back on the next step, setting his elbows there before turning his gaze to the sky.

My eyes lingered on his features. For the first time in years, I couldn’t tear my eyes away from him. I finally got why girls get all giddy when he’s around even though they barely knew anything about the guy. He turned his head towards me then poked my forehead with the water bottle he was holding.

“Falling for me yet?” he smugly announced.

My foot immediately jolted towards his leg.

The moment my foot got in contact with his leg, pain rushed through me. Oh yeah, my foot was injured and I’m trying to use it to injure someone else.

I yelped in pain and held my foot.

Suddenly I felt a hand over mine and an arm around me.

“Aish this girl,” Jaejoong’s voice was near my ear, “are you okay?”

Bowing my head, I tried to escape from his hold. Can he feel my heart beat fast?

“Do you really not like me anymore? We’ve been friends since before you were even born. I know when something’s wrong, why won’t you tell me?” his voice was gentle and genuinely concerned.

I didn’t want to raise my head. I didn’t want to say anything because I don’t know either. There's just this feeling in my gut that makes me not want to talk to him.

“Hyung! Get back in the game!” Yoochun’s voice called out and Jaejoong moved away from me.

“We’ll talk later.”

His voice echoed in my head as I watched him disappear among the frenzied crowd.

Why am I so speechless around him lately?

“Hey clumsy~” Changmin’s smooth voice stole my attention.

He settled on the space Jaejoong left.

“I’m not clumsy. It’s your fault I got hurt.” I stuck my tongue out at him earning a chuckle as a reply.

I hit his arm and shoved him away, “You’re so annoying!!!” my tone wasn’t exactly one that indicates anger. A playful smile tugged on my lips as he laughed with every hit.

That comfortable atmosphere between us warmed me up and made things easier to deal with.

 I like Changmin.

I… no I don’t.

This is just another hormonal imbalance due to being female or some scientific explanation like that.

I stopped hitting him.

His laughter died down and he turned to me, “all done?” he smirked.

Smiling softly, I stood up. Emotions whirled in me. I have liked Changmin way before I even knew who he was and that was a sure thing even when I hated him for being an towards EunMi.

It was never a question of do I like him or do I not? It was… I do like him, but then, why haven’t I done something about it?

“Where are you going?” Changmin held my arm, steadying me.

I pointed to the house and he helped me in.

----

“Finally!”

EunMi bounced up and down on the bed we shared. A shush left my lips as I held her shoulders, stopping her from moving.

“So are you going to tell him yet?” she said with sparkling eyes.

I looked away from her and mumbled, “No, I don’t think so…”

She pouted at me then crossed her arms.

“It’s not that easy Eunmi. You can’t just face a friend and tell him you like him when you’re not even sure if he feels the same. It’ll just ruin everything.”

“JinAh… you’re an idiot. I can feel that he likes you too and you know that! What are you scared of? Losing Jaejoong-sunbaenim? Why? You think once you and Changmin get together, Jaejoong won’t treat you like he does anymore?” she stood up and pointed at the door, “Jaejoong-sunbaenim is getting engaged to Han Hyorin and he didn’t even tell you anything. You’ve lost him already and you have no idea of it. ”

EunMi’s eyes widened and she covered with her hands, “I shouldn’t have told you that.”

“What?” I felt my heart sink. Jaejoong… is that the reason why he’s been gone for some time?

“Don’t tell anyone I told you that.” Eunmi muttered as she sat down and laid a hand on my shoulder, “are you okay?”

I wasn’t.

Suddenly a knock filled the room then the door creaked open.

“You girls okay? Aren’t you coming out for dinner?” Jaejoong husky voice killed the silence.

Eunmi stood up and smiled, “We’ll be right there” she said.

He entered the room and scratched the back of his neck, “I kinda need to talk to JinAh for a while… do you mind if-“

“Not at all!” Eunmi scrambled out the room, “take your time” she waved before running down the stairs.

Jaejoong sat on the edge of the bed and I leaned back against the wall.

“Does it still hurt?” he asked, staring at my foot.

“No.” bitterly escaped my lips.

He turned towards me and laid a hand on my leg, “Are you mad at me?”

The hurt look in his eyes caused me to look away and mutter another, “no.”

“I can’t understand you if you don’t let me. Was it the question regarding Changmin? If you don’t want to tell me about you two, it’s alright. I respect that. I’m y-“

I shook my head.

“Then what… I can’t stand it anymore JinAh. I-“

“Why wasn’t I able to see you for days? Why didn’t you call or text at least?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Why?”

“Not yet.”

I pulled my knees towards my chest and placed my arms around them, “I don’t want to talk to you then.”

“I just can’t yet, okay?”

I looked towards the window, “remember when we were kids and you promised to never do anything I’d hate…”

“And you promised to never do anything I hate…” a smile lingered in his words.

“You’re breaking it.” I sighed.

I felt the bed shift, then arms wrapped around me.

“I’m sorry-“

“I want to go downstairs.” I pushed him off me and swung my feet off the bed.

He quickly went to my side and helped me up, “Jae. Please stop…” my voice was weak and so obviously in pain.

---

Morning next day came and I was in my usual cold morning attire, sitting on the ledge of the railings.

“You might fall” I heard Changmin’s voice call from the porch of the other cabin.

I turned to him and waved, “My foot feels better now.”

“And you want to break it again?”

Glaring at him, I stuck my tongue out.

He chuckled and stepped out of the porch and headed below me.

“What are you doing there? Come here.” I motioned for him to sit beside me.

He shook his head, “I’ll just stay here in case you fall.”

I swung my feet towards him, “yeah right… you just wanna peak at me! ert.”

Changmin suddenly grabbed my ankles making me grab the railings.

“Yah! Why’d you do that?!” I hit the top of his head.

He smirked as he looked at me, “Because you’ll fall if you keep doing that” he said.

“Just come up here.” I blushed.

Letting my feet go, he calmly walked up the steps and went towards me.

He settled beside me and laid his elbows on the railings, “aren’t you feeling cold?” he asked.

I shook my head as I pulled on the edge of his scarf, “but you obviously are.”

He stuck his bottom lip out, pouting at me. My eyes widened and a loud laugh escaped me, making me bolt backwards as I clapped my hands.

My slipped from the railings and I was about to fall back. Changmin caught me in time.

His arm was around my shoulders and the other on my waist, the back of my knees still resting on where my was placed.

Changmin helped me sit back, his arm still on my waist, my arms around his neck. Our faces were centimeters apart and our stares were locked on each other.

3… 2… 1…

I don’t know who went in first but our lips touched. Gently, softly, unsure, we moved against each other.

With the need for air, we separated and I felt something cold touch my head.

We looked up and saw pretty snowflakes falling on us.

“Define cliché rom-com~” he breathed as he looked at me.

I turned my gaze to him and we burst into gentle laughter.

 


I'm very very very thankful to all of you who still read this even though the updates take too long. Thank you so much :) Thank youuuu~

I would really love to know what you think of it so far, so please do leave your thoughts in the comments section. Thank you!