I... what?

Coffee Stains and Princes

 

A week and a half quickly passed and the annual high school fieldtrip finally came.

I leaned on the railings of the veranda, admiring the calm dawn of the country side.

“Who thought getting away from all the hustle bustle of the city would actually be relaxing?” EunMi yawned as she stepped beside me. I glanced at her before turning back to observing how the dark blue skies were illuminated by the rising sun.

Winter was fast approaching and I could feel the cold wrap around my bare legs and seep through my Aztec patterned sweater. I’ve always loved the cold and it didn’t bother me one bit.

We heard footsteps head towards the door, and then familiar voices, deep and obviously still tired, began murmuring through the kitchen window.

“They’re up.” I sighed as I entered the villa, Eunmi following right behind me.

Changmin, Yunho and Junsu were all in the couch, hugging their knees. Eunmi let out a laugh as she caught sight of the three. “Can’t even handle the cold?” I spat out.

“Yah! H-how could you g-go out wearing that?!” Changmin’s finger shook as he pointed at me, his voice in the same state as his hand.

I opened my mouth to retort but a pat on my interrupted me. I quickly turned my head to the man who was now standing beside me.

“J-jaejoong? What are you doing here?” the words left my lips so lightly, it didn’t even feel like I said them.

Jaejoong removed the mug from his lips and turned to Changmin, “She loves the cold, you can’t stop her from wearing shorts when she’s at home.” He spoke with a tone so confident, so sure.

I rolled my eyes and moved towards the front door, “I’m going for a walk” I said as I shoved my feet into my shoes.

“Not in those clothes!”

I turned my head and saw Changmin and Jaejoong standing and pointing at me.

“Oooh love triangle alert~” Yoochun’s lazy voice broke the awkward silence as he took Changmin’s place on the couch.

The atmosphere in the living room began to tense up and I felt the urge to leave the room as quickly as possible. I covered my hand with my sleeve as I reached for the door and headed out. As soon as I stepped outside I felt the cold wind calm me down.

What did Yoochun mean by that? Why were he and Jaejoong in there anyway? Weren’t they assigned in another villa?

“JinAh.”

I stopped walking, waiting for Jaejoong to catch up with me.

“What?” I sighed when I felt him stand behind me.

His arm slid across my shoulders as he took his place beside me, “Are you mad at me?” he questioned.

I took a step forward and so did he. He then took his arm off me and shoved his hands in his pockets.

Without answering his question, we walked around. There was no exchange of words between us, just footsteps and side comments mumbled towards the falling leaves.

As we were heading back, he stepped ahead then turned to me, lowering his head to my level, “You haven’t answered my question.” He said.

I turned my attention to my boots clad feet.

“Yah, why are you like this? You’ve never done this before? Is there something going on between you and Changmin?” he said as he tried to catch my gaze.

“No.” I think.

I looked at him and he stood straight.

“Then what is this about? Why aren’t you talking to me?”

I don’t know. I honestly don’t know. I wish I did.

“I heard from the staff that while I wasn’t at Constellation, you’ve been coming in and leaving with the customer that sat beside the window near the door? How come I don’t see you arrive with anyone when I’m there?” he further questioned.

“Why do you care? I haven’t seen in you in 2 weeks… Just saw you board the bus yesterday.” I grumbled.

Jaejoong threw his head back and clapped his hands as he laughed. I felt my face burn and my blood boil. I can’t believe he’s making fun of me. I stomped my feet then proceeded to walk away.

He grabbed my wrist, stopping me from my tracks.

“If you missed me, you could just say it.”

I pulled away from his grasp and continued to walk.

What was it with his words that made me upset?

I entered the cabin and pushed my shoes off.

“What happened out there?” Changmin’s voice greeted me.

I looked up and saw him standing in the middle of the room, a blanket around him and a steaming cup between his hands.

A smile crept on my lips. Something about the way he looked made him really cute.

“What?” he breathed out, raising an eyebrow.

I shook my head, “nothing, where’s everyone?”

“Getting changed. Mr. Park said we have to assemble outside at 9am sharp.”

“Okay, I better change too.”

Stepping into the room I shared with EunMi, I felt a glare on me.

My friend was sitting on the edge of her bed, her arms crossed over her chest.

“What?” I exclaimed.

“Changmin or Jaejoong-sunbaenim?” she blurted.

I went and opened my luggage bag, “What are you talking about?”

“Look, I know you and sunbaenim are very close but aren’t you just confusing different feelings Jinah?” EunMi transferred to my bed.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Admit it… you like sunbaenim and you like Changmin.”

“They’re my friends.”

“So are the three other princes~ but I don’t see you walking home with them.”

“EunMi. If I had the chance, I’d walk with all of you. It’s not a big deal. Changmin’s a regular customer at Constellation and Jaejoong works there so technically, if time permits it, we’d go there together.”

Was this really why? Am I telling the truth? Ugggh even I don’t know anymore.

EunMi lied down on my bed and said, “By the end of this trip, you will see which of them has left coffee stains on the white table cloths at your darn café.”

“What are you talking about? The tables don’t have cl...”

Before I could even finish what I was saying, EunMi already left the room.

What is this crazy girl saying?