Me, Jae, and my favorite customer

Coffee Stains and Princes

 

“JinAh…” I hear someone mumble then felt a poke on my shoulder.

“JinAh…” there goes the deep and husky voice again.

“JINAH-YA!” the poking became a shove and I opened my eyes to glare at my best friend.

“YAH KIM JAEJOONG! IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!” words slipping out of my mouth as I raised a hand at him “AISH!”

He let out a chuckle as he pinched my cheeks, “Yah! You should call me oppa. How can I not push you? You're such a heavy sleeper. Geez even sleeping at a public place. ”

I raised my head from the table and stretched out my arms, the comforting aroma of coffee filling my nostrils, “What time is it?”

“4:58 why?”

I got up and headed to the bathroom. In a few minutes he’d be arriving, ordering his usual drink, sitting at his favorite space beside the window, reading some book or doing his homework.

Exiting the washroom, I stood behind the counter, waiting for a familiar face to enter through that door.

But…

That day…No matter how long I waited…

He doesn’t.

“Aren’t you going home yet? It’s almost 8.” Jaejoong hugged me from behind squeezing me like a teddy bear.

I wriggled out of his hold and squished his face, “I think I’d watch you close up the shop today.”

“Ah~ are you finally falling for me?” he poked my cheek while I took off the apron.

“Heck no… You have, like, a bazillion girlfriends.”

“Dates only dates”

“yeah yeah…”

I sat on my favorite customer’s special spot and watched Jaejoong say bye to the other employees before entering the changing room.

Kim Jaejoong.

The only son of the biggest and best coffee beans supplier in the country. Their supply is one of the secret to our coffee shop’s success. My family has known Jaejoong’s for generations and my parents won’t allow that we do not meet, we've been introduced when I was still in my mother's womb and he was barely 2 years old. No matter how annoying and vain he may be, we’ve become real close. We’ve been mistaken as a couple many times but we both simply brush it off.

What is he doing working in our humble café?

Okay… not so humble café.

Constellation is a coffee shop found in the richest district in the nation. And Jaejoong, being the son of a tycoon, was being trained to be a good employer and employee. I, on the other hand, have nothing else to do with my after-classes life and therefore am hanging around helping our employees and making sure Jaejoong doesn’t… mess with the female staff.

“JinAh let’s go.” Jaejoong’s voice shakes me from my thoughts. I got my school bag and followed him out.

I took his bag from him and waited till he locked the door, “Why are you the one assigned to close the shop?” I ask him.

He looked at me then takes his bag.

“I guess your mom just trusts me more than the employees” he shrugged his shoulders.

I watch his back as he walked ahead of me.

I wonder what it would be like to walk home with the Caramel Macchiato Prince… speaking of him, I wonder why he didn’t come today.

“Yah! You walk too slow!” Jaejoong called out to me.

I quickened my pace and walked beside him as we entered the parking lot where his driver awaits us.

 


 

There goes chapter one~

How is it?