Leader

A whole new life: How it all began!

Ryeowook rushed back to their new dorms after finishing his schedules. Rin was sick and he couldn’t be there for her. He felt horrible at the fact. Hyukjae and Donghae hyung’s were at her bedside and he was grateful someone was there. But he had sworn he would stay by her side and protect her from the horrible ways of the famous life. He didn’t want her being looked at in hatred by ELF’s, or yelled at by Soo Man or the managers. He wanted her smiling and carefree. Lately though, he worried that, that dream would not come true. Now that she was sick, his worry skyrocketed more. Ryeowook sighed as he entered the home. He quickly removed his shoes before closing the door and rushing up the stairs to Rin’s room. His feet stopped outside the door to her room, he could hear Eunhae inside fussing over Rin. Carefully he opened the door to see Donghae holding a limp Rin in his arms and Hyukjae on his cell phone yelling at someone on the other line.

“What’s wrong?” he asked moving closer into the room. Donghae glanced up at the younger before returning his gaze to Rin’s figure. Ryeowook froze when he noted the sheen of sweat covering her body.

“She’s gotten worse,” Donghae replied as Hyukjae hung up his phone.

“Let’s just take her to the hospital.” He announced pulling the two towards the cars waiting outside. The ride to the hospital was in silence as Hyukjae drove through the busy streets. Ryeowook kept his eyes trained on Rin’s pained features.

“Her fever is getting worse,” Donghae called making Hyukjae drive faster.

“Here,” Ryeowook offered removing the ice bag he kept in his lunch bag. Donghae nodded placing the bag on her forehead. Her face contorted before relaxing at the cool sensation.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Leeteuk was worried about the new girl. Henry had told them she was sick, but when they left for schedules, she looked near death. How could a person go from looking happy to looking dead over night? He and the others only had an hour until they could join the others at the hospital where Donghae had called and told him they would be.

“Leeteuk hyung, are you okay, you seem distracted?” Sungmin asked eyeing his leader. Leeteuk looked over at the anxious faces of his fellow band members.

“Of course, let’s do our best okay?” Leeteuk smiled showing his famous dimple.

“For Rinny!” Sungmin called making everyone nod and yell their agreement. Leeteuk smiled as he watched his dongsae’s move about with more energy. Had Rin impacted their lives so much now that she caused them to worry over her?

“Leeteuk hyung hurry up, we have to do well so Rin can get better!” Yesung called. Leeteuk nodded quickly rushing to join the others.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Voices whirled in my head yelling for me to kill or be killed. I didn’t want to hear them. I never liked hearing them. I scrunched my nose at the smell of antiseptics and other doctor things. I feared opening my eyes. Where was I this time? My throat tickled making me cough, my eyes shot open against their accord, and the blurry images around me came into focus. My chest was hurting so badly, like a giant weight was sitting on it.

“Rinny!” three voices called before engulfing me in a hug. I tensed feeling the heat increase and the pain in my bones burst into flames. I groaned sending the three off me.

“Are you okay?” Donghae asked as he pressed a wet cloth to my head. A hospital room, that’s where I was.

“What happened?” I asked searching around me.

“You got sick,” Hyukjae whispered. Ryeowook hummed in agreement before taking my hand in his. I could see worry in his eyes as he stayed by my side.

“The doctors said you had a small heart attack and your body was shutting down from stress, you flat lined twice. Are you stressed Rinny?” Hyukjae asked like a concerned parent. A patent I didn’t deserve. I shook my head, no need to worry them. Ryeowook’s hand tightened around me. Suddenly, the door burst open and Sungmin and the others came rushing to gather around my bed.

“Rinny, are you alright, are you hurt, do you need anything?” Sungmin asked as he hopped around with his hands over his mouth. I managed a smile at his antics before shaking my head.

“Bunny calm down, so Rin, do you need a nurse or have to use the bathroom?” Kyuhyun asked showing his own form of worry. Once again, I shook my head as my eyes focused on Leeteuk. The leader was standing near the door watching me with equally worried eyes.

“Boys, why not go find some food and a nurse?” Leeteuk ordered giving the don’t argue look when the members started to whine. They nodded and quickly left the two of us alone.

“I’m not dead,” I stated keeping my eyes trained on the leader.

“I’m glad,” Leeteuk replied.

“You can’t get rid of me that easily, believe me, I’ve tired.” I announced. Leeteuk looked at me making me laugh.

“What?” I asked him as he took a seat beside me.

“You’ve tried?” he asked curiously. I nodded, changing my glare to the ceiling.

“What happened before we met?” he asked me.

“Nothing,” I replied before I felt a strong hand on my shoulder.

“I will not have a liar in my home. If you’re going to stay at the dorms, at least tell me you’re secret. As a leader I have to know things.” Leeteuk ordered.

“You don’t need to know everything,” I pointed out.

“But I do need to know something, I know nothing about you, except you were found homeless and alone.” Leeteuk snapped. I said nothing in return but lowered my eyes and sighed. He was right, as leader he deserved to know more than the others, but could I tell him?

“Not everything, I’m not ready for that, but I can tell you a little.” I finally whispered.

“That’s all I’m asking,” Leeteuk smiled back my hair. I took a breath before debating where to start.

“I grew up in America, but my parents moved us here after graduation. A week before we met, my parents died in a fire and I lost my home and I had no money. Now I’m here.” I replied making Leeteuk blink.

“And your parents where?” he prompted.

“We owned a bookstore.” I deadpanned. The leader gave a surprised look.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Your parents owned that bookstore that burnt down on Jijon street?” Leeteuk asked, I nodded unsure why he was suddenly so surprised.

“I heard that place had a full background check and was declared a victim of arson.” He replied.

“And yet no one care’s I’m still alive,” I muttered. I had known about the investigation, I’d been following it since it began.

“You should tell them you’re alive,” Leeteuk ordered. I shook my head, I promised Junlee I would run away and never return, that meant being dead to anyone who asked.

“I told you my background, now are we even?” I asked as the door opened sending Ryeowook and Sungmin in hysterics as the nurse checked me out. Leeteuk gave me a slight nod before I smiled at him.