Chapter 8

My Special Tutor

 

Sungjong POV

It’s been one month since I become Myungsoo’s tutor, I even have got the paid for this month. That lonely boy, it’s strange how he didn’t give me any headache since the day I spent night at his home. Yes, his lazy attitude was sure hard to shove off but still I saw his effort in studying compared to the first time I met him.

Yawning, I glanced at the clock on my study desk and back to the opened book in front of my eyes. It still early to get on bed and I still have many things to study but my mind kept losing its way. To my suppose-student.  To distract my heavy eyes, I played my recent favourite ballad songs from the laptop in front of the book and straighten my back to gain more focus. The song instantly played through my earphone, sending a relaxing vibe to my brain.

The book didn’t seem to interest me in which my mind played back my little interaction with Myungsoo in our tutor time. To be honest, myself was inwardly debating about my feelings towards him. I never felt in love so I didn’t know what the exact feel of it. Everytime I’m with him, I felt strangely happy despite need to deal with his poker face and arrogant attitude but I never know if it has anything to do about feelings.  My feelings, my heart.

Finding my attention was totally zero to the book, I closed it and pulled my laptop neared me, before type something on Naver search.

How to know if you are fall in love.

It only took a few seconds for it to come out with many answers. I just plainly click any of the site awkwardly.

1. The person becomes all you think about.

“No, I didn’t think of Myungsoo!” I exclaimed unconsciously, as like there’s someone in the room that I need to convince. But right now, what I’m doing right now is because I think of him on the first place.

2. Everytime you’re thinking of the person, you heart will beat faster.

My hands instantly made his way to my chest, checking if it beats faster or not, and shockingly it did. “No, I’m just nervous. That’s all.” I tried to calm my heart.

3. You will feel butterfly in your stomach when you see that person smile.

My hands quickly move from my chest to my stomach. Butterfly? What’s that mean? I tried to flash back his smile. Myungsoo rarely smile, like a sincere smile except a mischievous smirked and a crook smile he always give me. But when he smiles, my stomach has this tingling feel. Is that what they call butterfly?! 

I kept calm and read more.

 4. You start listening to slow songs.

My quick reflex speedily pulled out the earphone that currently playing Taeyeon’s Closer. I clicked at the ballad playlist and closed it clumsily. Cold sweats already formed on my head. The reality slowly gets me.

I don’t listen to ballad because of Kim freaking Myungsoo. No. I said again and again in my head.

5.   While reading this, there was one person on your mind the whole time.

My jaw dropped at the last point. Kim Myungsoo. I love him? My mind went blank as I closed the laptop and land my feeble body on the bed. I shouldn’t feel like this. I cannot fall in love with him. He is just my students and I’m his tutor that’s all.

The instant small vibrate of the bed made me looked around and took my handphone beside my pillow.

From: Sunggyu hyung

Hi. Sungjong. Are you free tomorrow? I want to ask for your help.

My fingers quickly type the reply to Sunggyu hyung.

From: Sungjong

I’m free but help on what?

After few seconds the phone vibrated again.

From: Sunggyu hyung

I’ll tell you tomorrow. Wait for me at your house. I’ll come to fetch you at 11 am.

I reply him with a simple ‘ok’ and put a smile at the end. Well, at least my weekend will fill with some activities instead of stuck at home and thinking about you-know-who.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After checking myself in front of the mirror and make sure everything’s fine, I walked out to the front door, waiting for Sunggyu hyung to come. In ten minutes time, a loud horn can be heard outside my house. I stumbled upon the mess shoes and just picked out any of them to wear.

Sunggyu hyung already waited for me outside his car with a bright face and a sweet smile carved on it.

“Where do we want to go? What help you want to ask me?” The questions came out from my mouth like a bullet.

“Geez. Can you calm down first. Just follow me okay.” He said while signaling me to get in the car.

After he also got in the car, I faced my body towards him, waiting for my unanswered questions to be responds.

“Don’t ask me anything yet. I’ll tell you once we arrived at the place,” that’s all he say before focus on his driving.

Not long after that, we arrived at the big shopping mall that is really famous in Korea since all the stuffs are branded. I just followed him silently, walking inside the building, and towards one of the restaurant in there.

After ordered the food, I wait patiently for him to start our conversations.

“Sungjong-ah. Actually I have something to say to you.” He started.

I looked deep into his small eyes curiously. There’s a serious tone in his voice. “What hyung?”

I can see he was nervous about something. “Actually, I have felt in love with someone.”

I widen my eyes in awe. “Hyung!! Seriously! Waa, I’m so happy for you!” I took both of his hands in mine and gripped it tightly. “Tell me who is that lucky person!” I said excitedly.

“No, it’s secret.” He said but he looked calmer than before. “I’m thinking of buying that person something. What would you like?”

Why he asked me this? Maybe he wanted to give that person some surprised. I smile widely. “If it were me, I would like a muffler. You know we already entered winter season right now.”

“Owh,” He nodded. After not receiving much reaction from him, I added. “Hyung, tell me more about this person. Why you like him?”

I swear at that time I saw he looked deeply at me. I don’t exactly know what he’s looking at but as I want to ask, he smile. Maybe he’s already lost in his thought. “That person is so naive and innocent. That’s all I can say. It’s not fun if I tell you everything.

I pouted at the replies but he just chuckled and ruffled my hair. I admitted at first it was awkward but after knew Sunggyu hyung for quite some time, I grew comfortable with him. After having our lunch Sunggyu hyung asked me to help he chose the right muffler, according to my taste since he said his taste .

We went to shop by shop, looking trough the suitable scarf for Sunggyu hyung or to be exact the soon person to be confess. My eyes immediately glued to one of the muffler on the shop. It was yellow-coloured base harmonized with light pink strips. “Hyung, this! I like this one!” I raised the muffler to him.

“Okay.” Sunggyu hyung took the muffler without any question and paid it.

It was already late evening when we done shopping. I was shocked when we’re greeted with the snow outside the building. Both of us didn’t even realize it since we’re too occupied with the shopping. It’s getting colder and I only wore thin jacket.

We soon get back to the car and it’s getting warmer with the heater. “Sungjong, let’s go to the park,” The small-eyed hyung said. I nodded at him and smile as he started to move to our next destination.

Sunggyu hyung parked his car near the park and we started to walk. I cursed myself for not bringing my gloves in this cold weather. My hands getting clod but I kept them in my jacket to gain more heat.

“You didn’t bring gloves aren’t you?” Sunggyu hyung stared at my hand.

I just kept silent, refused to answer his question. Suddenly, he stopped which made me stop too. Sunggyu hyung then took off his glove on his left hand. I looked at him in confused when he took out my right hand and put on the glove. “Next time make sure you bring your gloves,” He said before took my other bare hand and wrapped it with his now bare right hand. I flustered a bit when the realization that he’s currently holding my hand hit me.

I want to argue and pulled off my hand but he gripped it tighter. “It’s your fault I don’t have glove right now. Give me some of the heat.”

Nonchalantly, he leads me to the small fountain in the park. “Sungjong, I have something to tell you.” He was now facing me but still didn’t let go of my hand.

“What?” I asked.

________________________________________________________

I really did some research about how to know you love someone. LOL

And Taeyeon's Closer, I can play it all days and nights. I really love that song. ^^

Hope you like this chapter. Bye~