Chapter 3

My Special Tutor

 

Sungjong POV

Taking a deep breath, I pressed the door bell. *Ding dong* I gripped my bag tightly in my arm and calmed my mind, just before the door opened. Today was the second lessons of the tutor class so I came prepared today, from any of Myungsoo’s possible excuses.

The door was opened giving the sight of the poker face boy. He was wearing a black plaid shirt with his quite messy hair, looking uninterested like always. Wait, I only saw him twice.

“Owh, please come in.” He said and back off to his room. I tailed him and put my bag on the floor, before took a deep breath again.

“So today we will be study Math.” I took out the Calculus book that I borrowed from the library and looked at Myungsoo. He has no reaction at all and suddenly walked towards me. I was thankful finally he’s having some interest in study but he constantly approaching me, nearer and nearer.

 I gulped down, thinking if he’s out of his mind and tried to do something bad at me. I clenched my fist, ready for any possible outcome. He then neared his face to me and I was ready to him a punch, before he opened his mouth. “Sungjong, looking you this near, you do look younger than me.” He retreated.

What, ithat's all he want to say? And, and on top of that, did he just called me by my name?

“How do you know my name? And you know I’m younger than you?” I asked him curiously but he just scoffed.

“Is that even matter, Sungjong?” He replied casually and lay on his bed. If you took your manga, I swear I’ll smack your head Myungsoo. Luckily he didn’t.

“hey, mr cutie, how about you tell me more about yourself and I’ll tell you mine. We can get to know each other today and start the lesson on next Tuesday. Right?”

I let out a sighed, he was clearly find an excuse to not study. I glared at him, hoping he got the i-don’t-buy-your-excuse message but he was dumb enough. “No. We’re going to study tonight. I was paid as your tutor, so I’m going to help you in your study ONLY.”

“I don’t care, I’m not interested in study.” He said and reached for his manga that he always put beside his bed.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and felt my anger already reached its limit.

“Yaaa!!” I slammed the table. He was taken aback with my voice. “I know you’re born with silver spoon in your mouth, so you don’t need to study hard to earn money like me. You’re a really spoilt brat you know. Don’t you think you’re lucky enough to bath in all these luxury without any efforts? And you get to enter the college without study hard? We’re going to study today or I’ll call your parent. And one more, stop calling me Sungjong. I’m your tutor so call me teacher.”

 His mouth was opened in shocked. My burning cheek has cold down after I vented all my anger to him. But almost instantly, the thought hit me. What am I done? I just yelled at someone that supposed to be the last person I’ll shout at.

The boy stood up from his bed and took a sit in front on me, while I shut my eyes tightly waiting for a yell or maybe a hit.

“Okay, let’s start study.” Ehh, I opened my eyes slightly and saw him already prepared all of his books on the table.

The rest of the tutor became extremely awkward, our conversations were only filled with mathematical related terms while I kept glancing at him, and so do he. The three hours passed like three years to me but we finally finished our tutor time. It was almost 11 pm and I ended the last question before concluded our study.

“I guess that’s it for today and I hope you understand what we learn today.” I said cautiously and keep eyeing him. The awkward atmosphere in the room was still there so I quicken my pace to exit the room as soon as possible.

Myungsoo already walked to the main door and opened it for me. I smiled oddly at him and bowed down, before continued my steps.

“You know what teacher?” I looked back at Myungsoo. He was looking down and I can see his hand gripped the door handle tightly.

“Yes?” I asked him. He smirked and faced me.

“Being born with money doesn’t give you everything.”  

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Why are you looking so down?” Sunggyu hyung put a cup of coffee on the table of the cafe. He asked me to hang out with him after the tutor though I kinda refused at first since it was already late. I need to take a bus and it takes time but Sunggyu hyung assured me that he’ll send me back.

“Sungjong??” Just then I realized he kept waving in front of my face and smiled shyly for not giving him attention.

“Ne?” I asked again.

“I said why you looked so down?” Owh, yeah, I remembered he asked that. “Hyung, what is Myungsoo’s personality actually?” I replied him with a question that earned a weird look from him.

“Why are you asking this suddenly? Did something happen between you two?” He sipped his coffee in between our conversation. Thinking back about what happened earlier, I instantly felt guilty to Myungsoo, I should’ve apologized to him but my pride got on the way.

“Hyung, actually, I shouted at him during our tutor earlier.”

Sunggyu hyung widen his eyes and looked at me in amazement. “Woah, you scolded him? As expected, you’re really something Sungjong. I bet he was really shocked to even utter a word.” He scoffed.

“Well, he did say ‘Let’s start study’.” I gave him a weak smile, wondering whether it was something to be proud of.

“Myungsoo never got shouted from anyone else except his parent and me. Well, since I’m like his brother. Then, that makes you the fourth one.” He patted my back. Somehow, it didn’t felt good at all.

“Hyung, I think I can’t continue become his tutor. I’m sorry.” My decision made Sunggyu hyung’s smile faded almost instantly as he stopped patting my back. I looked down at my coffee that already cold down, the result of being totally neglected. I think Myungsoo’s last words totally hit me like a bullet, tracing through all my nerves and buried deeply in my heart.

Being born with money doesn’t give you everything.

“Myungsoo... that pabo guy.. eventhough he look cold-hearted, he was actually very kind. I remembered he said that he regretted for study too hard in his high school days and the time with his family became limited. How do you think he can enter the college without study hard? After he finished the high school, he decided to live alone since his present in the house was totally oblivious to his parent, not that they didn’t care for him just they’re too busy with works.” He explained.

I don’t know what to say since I felt guilty to the max. Myungsoo did study hard before but he changed after entering the college. I wrinkled at the thought that I yelled at him only on our second met.

“Don’t make that face please. You looked ugly,”  Sunggyu hyung chuckled. I faced him and pouted that made him giggled more.

“Don’t worry, you can just smacked him if he’s being lazy, okay?” I jolted a bit as he suddenly ruffled my hair.

“You ruined my hair hyung,” I my hair slowly, acted like he made a big damaged to it when actually I tried to hide the uncomfortable feelings since I’m not used to people ruffling my hair.

Sunggyu hyung just smile while looking at my action. “I hope you can still be his tutor.”

“Only if you pay for this coffee.” I said with a big smiled. I’ll try to help you Myungsoo. You will graduate next year.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hi~ chapter up. Hope you like. This chapter only has Sungjong POV. Next chapter we'll have Myungsoo POV.. I guess? :p