Chapter 11

My Special Tutor

 

Myungsoo POV

“No crossing this line” Sungjong poked the pillow that divides us on the mattress. I don’t know why Min ahjussi asked us to sleep together in one room when he has two empty rooms in the house. ‘best friend should sleep together’ is all he said before practically shove us into the room and bit a goodnight.

Night was getting colder and the blanket was seventy percent towards Sungjong with the excuse of ‘you have more fat to survive in cold night’. What a genius boy. I’ve already told Sunggyu hyung to come take us tomorrow and he agreed. Sunggyu hyung definitely the nicest hyung I’ve ever had.

“Are you sleeping yet?” I asked Sungjong without turned to face the pretty boy.

“Not yet. Will soon. Why?” He glanced at me a bit.

“I’m curious about something. You’re really smart and with your performance I think you can enter any top university in Seoul. Why did you choose our college?” It’s been lingering in my mind since I found out about him attend the same college with me.

It was a long silence. I thought he’s already felt asleep but when I turned to him, his eyes were still opened but he was totally lost into his own world. “Erm, Sungjong?” I shook him lightly. Aish, the pillow really disturbed my move.

Sungjong startled and flashed a sad smile to me. “Because I want to stay at my home. It’s my parent home. Every memory of them that I treasure, I don’t want to leave them and the college is nearest to my house, so that’s it.”

Memory? That’s mean, he has no parent? “Why they died?” As much as I hate myself for asking the question, curiosity always wins.

“Car accident when I was 8. Only I survive sadly and I’ve been a burden to my uncle and aunt. That’s why I have to work, thanks to you I’ve got a really good salary.” His long explanation made my eyes teary, and his broken voice made me want to hug him. To assure him that everything is alright but my pride got in the way.

 “I should sleep now.” He said and back faced me. I know he’s crying and there’s nothing I can do.

“Thank you.” I said slowly but I’m pretty sure he can hear it. “For being my tutor, and friend.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It’s past 3 and I still couldn’t sleep. I’m not use to sleep in other place other than my bed so even though I force my eyes to close, it didn’t work. I rolled from left to right but the night was too cold. Sungjong was sleeping soundlessly beside the pillow. The moonlight outside helped me to see his face clearly in the dark room. Why he always ended up sleep in front of me?

I must say he was a really perfect boy. His skin is so smooth and white, his hair looked so fluffy too. Unconsciously my hand trailed to his hair, it lightly. Just as I thought, it is fluffy. The pillow between us troubled my movement so I took it and threw it across the room. Fells better.

Now I can look at him freely. The boy really has a small frame thus make his body look thin. Slowly by slowly, I approached and hug him. It’s not my fault, Sungjong took most of the blanket and the night is cold, I need some heat. The faint fragrance of his hair felt so nice. It’s my first time hugging someone like this and it felt so right.

Maybe, just maybe... I’ve felt in love with my tutor. What should I do? I hugged him tighter.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Sunggyu POV

The television that showed a music program couldn’t attract my attention at all. There’s something wrong with my mind, with my heart. I couldn’t simply ignore that feeling. Just when I want to think deeper, a loud voice came from outside the door.

“Hyung, It’s me Myungsoo. Are you there?” Myungsoo knocking the door.

“Yeah. Just come in. You know the password,” I replied at him. Not soon after, he came it with a pouted face.

“Hyung, I wait for you this morning,” He whined while walking toward me and landed beside me on the sofa.

I knew well what he meant. I agreed to come took him at Min ahjussi’s house this morning but I broke the promise. Well, partially.

Flashback~

Thank God I knew Min ahjussi’s house since I and Myungsoo come here occasionally. That middle-aged man already treats us like his own sons. I parked the car beside Myungsoo’s one and made the steps to the house.

After two times knocking, the door was opened and I was greeted with Min ahjussi’s bright smile. It’s good to see him again.

“Min ahjussi, how are you?” I asked him politely once we entered the house.

“As you can see. I can live for another hundred years.” He smiled again. I don’t have to explain about my purpose here since I’m pretty sure Myungsoo already talked to him, and he didn’t ask me anything.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” My eyes wondered around the living room.

“Ah, he’s in that room. Just go wake him up, I have some errands to do,” His fingers pointed at one of the room in the house. I just nodded and bowed slightly before made my way to the said room.

The door creaked slightly when I pushed it, revealing the occupant there. But it’s not like what I thought. Myungsoo was hugging another person beside him. I couldn’t see his face clearly since he faced the wall. The person looked familiar though. Cautiously, I tiptoed on the other side, and I regret it. It was Sungjong... in Myungsoo’s embrace. Myungsoo didn’t say anything about Sungjong last night so I thought he’s alone in this house.

My heart couldn’t take it anymore so I walked out from the room as soon as possible. I looked for Min ahjussi at the kitchen. “Ahjussi, I have something else to do and it’s important,” I lied to him. He then gave me a confused look. “I’m sorry but can you please don’t tell Myungsoo that I came here?” I added.

“Why?” Min ahjussi asked me.

I seriously don’t know what excuse to use. “Can you just do that ahjussi?” I grabbed his arm practically begging at him.

“S-Sure,” although his voice didn’t sound convincing, I believe I can trust ahjussi.

End of flashback~

“Hyung, are you ignoring me?” Myungsoo shake my shoulder lightly, brought me back to reality.

“I’m sorry I have something to do this morning. How’s everything going?” I faced him looking interested.

Myungsoo then took the remote control and switch of the TV. The sound maybe disturbed our conversation. “Well, because you didn’t show up, we need to wait for mechanic and everything settled after three freaking hours.” There’s still a sulking tone in his voice.

“We? I thought you’re alone?” I pretended to see his reaction.

His face was full of guilty when he looked down. “I’m sorry hyung, I didn’t tell you. I came there with Sungjong. We just want to go fishing, that’s all.”

I shut my eyes tightly. Why did I feel anger built up in me.

 “So you just brought him there for fishing? You never bring anyone there.”

“Hyung. It’s nothing. Why are you-“

“Do you like him?” I paused a bit. “Do you like Sungjong?”

The handsome boy widens his eyes from my high voice. I didn’t mean it and he’s not guilty at all. There’s nothing wrong by bringing your friend to go fishing together. But this friend we’re talking about is Sungjong.

I let out a big sighed. Myungsoo was totally lost for words. It was an awkward silence before he opened his mouth. “Hyung, I think I lo-“

“I like Sungjong, Myungsoo. No, I love him.” I cut him off. I don’t want to hear his answer because I’m afraid. Really afraid.

______________________________________________________________________________

Updated. And I've got new poster! ^^