Chapter 12

My Special Tutor

 

Myungsoo POV

I don’t know what else to think upon hearing Sunggyu hyung confession. He loved Sungjong, my tutor. He loved someone that I started to have feeling with. Or not? I’m still confused as what status is Lee Sungjong in my heart. I even not sure if I love him so all that I can do is remain silent.

Sunggyu hyung probably love him more than I do. Unlike him, I’m still confused of my feelings. Nevertheless, my heart hurts like hell when he said he love that pretty boy. Is this call jealousy?

“I’m- I’m sorry. I have to go. I’ve to do some assignment with Woohyun,” It felt awkward to be in that situation when your heart and brain could not function properly so I took an easy way. Run. Run away from reality that I just heard because I don’t know the answer. At least not yet. Lee Sungjong, what have you done with me?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sungjong POV

The lamp from Myungsoo’s house can be seen from a far, slowly inviting me to come. It’s yet our tutor time and I’m going to spend another 3 hours with him. Our last encountered end up in an awkward way. I still can’t forget when I opened my eyes that morning, I was greeted with Myungsoo’s face, inch with mine, and his hand was on my waist!

I was totally freaked out and started screaming like it’s the end of the world. Min ahjussi came with a fox in his hand, thinking if there’s a thief or something. Myungsoo was shocked too from my voice but he didn’t say anything after that, and we didn’t open out about the topic in the car either.

Unconsciously, my feet stood in front of the door. I hesitantly pressed the bell, not long before the familiar face came out.

“Hi teacher. Come in.” Myungsoo smile and retreat to his kitchen, before joined me in the room with two mugs of coffee.

“So, I can see your increase of performance since our continuous tutor. I just knew you’re actually very smart. It’s just that you are a bit lazy,” I looked at him but he just stared blankly at me. Something was off with him this night. First, he made me coffee. He never made me one and whenever I came, the only sight that I was greeted is him, reading manga on his bed. I need to give him some good words before we actually started our lesson.

Myungsoo seemed different tonight. I was uncomfortable of the way he looked at me, as if he’s looking for an answer. Of what? I don’t know.

“Shall we start our lesson?” I asked him.

“Sure,” Giving me a small smile, he took his book and getting ready.

It was good to see his change in the short amount of time. I reached my bag and pulled out some notes. “here’ I’ve made notes for you so you can remember better. And I’ve highlight the important parts, so if you get boring, just read that parts okay.” I handed it to him.

The handsome boy took a look at it briefly, before faced me with serious look. “Is it not hard for you to do this?”

“No, because I receive payment from you so I’m responsible for your performance. Doing this can help you. It’s not hard at all, I’m used to it. Learning is part of my life,” I answered him with all the logic.

“Thank you,” He said. He sounded so nice this night.

Our tutor going on with ten minutes break in every hour. We do some exercise together before wrapped things up. It’s already 10.50 pm and I decided to use it for something else. Ask him.

“So, something bothering you?” I started. He was taken aback but tried to control it with his infamous poker face.

“What are you talking about? Myungsoo asked be while tidying his things on the small japanese table that we shared.

“You can’t fool me. I know something was wrong about you this night,” Decide to not playing around the bush, I asked him directly.

Instead of answering, he stared at me deeply, making my heart beats faster because his eyes possessed that kind of magic. “Answer me.” I snapped out, feeling uncomfortable of his gaze.

“You want to know?” He asked me back, which I replied with a nod. “Come here.” He signaled me to come to his side.

I scoot over as his request. Maybe it’s a secret and he wanted to just whisper it to me. “What?” I was unable to contain my curiosity anymore. His face slowly approaches me, not long before his lips captured mine. I was stumped when he started to kiss me softly. I shut my eyes tightly because for once, I don’t know how to react. My heart seemed to love it but my mind said otherwise.

Snap. I was brought back to reality. What was I done? No, what was he done? “What do you think you’re doing!?” I pushed him back hardly, making his soft lips left mine. My heart will burst any moment if we stayed like this because deep down, I just realize that I have feelings for Myungsoo. But no, I’m his tutor and this thing can’t be happening.

“Sungjong,” He grabbed my hand with regret look. I yanked his hand and shoved all my books on the table inside my bag. He was lost for words when he just eyeing my doings.

“You.... shouldn’t do that,” I said to him before running out from the house leaving Myungsoo dumbfounded.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I entered the cafe, looking for someone familiar. As much as I want to go home right now after what just happen, I couldn’t break my promise to see Sunggyu hyung. I’ve agreed to meet him after my tutor class since he said he want to hang out with me.

Scanning the place, I saw Sunggyu hyung waving at me from the corner of the cafe. I flashed a smile at him and walked over. “Hi hyung.” I greeted.

“Hi, my cute boy.” I giggled over his cheesiness. It’s always great to meet Sunggyu hyung, at least my heart can calm a little bit. “How’s the tutor? I heart Myungsoo doing well these days.” He started our conversation once I finished order a cup of black coffee.

“Yeah, he’s doing well.” I replied with a monotone. Why is he bringing Myungsoo topic when I tried to forget it.

“Hyung..” I called him slowly and he instantly gave me full of attention. “I think.. I’m going to quit as Myungsoo’s tutor.” Judging from his face, Sunggyu hyung must be shock from my words. I’m sorry hyung, I just cannot think of any other ways.

“What are you talking about?” I started to shrink when I saw his serious face.

“I’m sorry hyung. I just disappoint you.” I looked down at the floor, unable to meet his eyes. The guilt started to eat me as I flashed back all my promise to him. I agreed to help Myungsoo graduate but only after two months, I gave up.

“Why?” I knew he was disappointed from his tone. The question sounded simple but the answer made me think for a brief moment.

I’m not sure if I need to be honest to him or lied. I can say that I got new job and it pays me high. I can make up lots of lies but how can I lied to him in this state. “I think I like Myungsoo. I shouldn’t like him hyung but I can’t control my feeling. You asked me to become his tutor but I think I just betrayed your trust. I’m sorry hyung.” I still looking down, not dare to raise my head.

It was silence until he sighed loudly. “Heart is the most complicated thing. We don’t choose who to love because we can simply love anyone without realize it ourselves. Sometimes that person is in front of our eyes, yet we can’t see it. Because love can only be seen by heart, not eyes. It’s not your fault, don’t be sorry.” He patted my head lovingly. “Think again.” 

______________________________________________

Everyone is running away huh? if you confused of myungsoo's kiss, i'll explain in next chapter. hope you like this chappie. :)