Chapter 10

My Special Tutor

 

Sungjong POV

“Sungjong, wake up.” I heard a faint voice and my body was shaken lightly. My brain still cannot register the voice when my eyelids felt really heavy. So I decide to just ignore the voice.

“Sungjong, wake up before I give you a good morning kiss.” My eyes shut opened instantly when my brain finally function properly. It’s Myungsoo’s voice.

I looked around when I saw Myungsoo smirked at me with a naughty smile. It’s already sunset outside so the place is kind of quite. I’m still in the car but it’s not moving, maybe we already arrived at the said place. “Where are we?” I asked in confusion.

“Somewhere far from city.” He said and stepped out from the car. I didn’t have other choice the followed him. The place was stranger to me. It was a very beautiful village which reminds me of my hometown at Gwangju.

I quicken my steps to approach him closer. “What are we going to do here?” I faced him.

“Fishing.” I think I might collapse at that time. Did I hear him wrong?

“Sorry?” I need an assurance.

“Yes, we’re going to fishing. There’s one place that is my favourite here.” He looked at me and chuckled. His hands moved to my lips and clamped it. That’s when I realize my mouth was wide opened in shock.

“I... We...” Damn, I stuttered in front of him making him laugh at me.

“Let’s go.” He casually took my hands and led our walk. My heart was beating faster again and I completely blank when I just follow him to who-knows-where.

From afar, I can see a big lake at the side of the village. There’s no one there since the sun already set and the only light there came from the moon. Just when I thought we’re going head to the lake, Myungsoo turned left to one yellow-coloured house and knocked the door. Soon after, a middle-aged man opened the door and smile widely. They must know each other.

“Myungsoo. It’s been quite some time.” They hugged each other leaving me like a stone there. Myungsoo then politely introduced me to the ahjussi. “Min ahjussi, this is my friend, Lee Sungjong.” I quickly pulled out my hand to hand shake him but he took me into his embrace. “Aigoo, you friend is so cute.” He pinched my cheek. What am I, 5?

Myungsoo just giggled towards us. “Ahjussi, can I take my fishing rod. Owh, and can I borrow yours too? This little fella wanted to join me fishing.” He pointed at me. Did he just say WANT? I rolled my eyes in disbelieve. Just when I want to argue the ahjussi already disappeared and came out with two fishing rods.

“Here. Be careful, it’s already night.” The kind ahjussi remind us. Myungsoo nodded several times and signaled me to follow him.

Once we arrived there, Myungsoo took two small chairs and gave one to me. I was looking interestingly at the fishing rod. It’s only made up of bamboo stick and a string, not like the modern fishing rod at all. “Why are we fishing at night?” I asked him after we throw the string into the lake.

“Because we’re too busy in the morning.” His answer was not relevant at all. Well, its relevant but is that really the answer?

“We? Why are you bringing me?” My head was full of question marks.

“Because we need to celebrate this.” He took out a paper and handed it to me. It was his quiz and he got.. 17/20?

“17/20? Not bad but I always got perfect marks in my quizzes and tests.” He shot a glare at me and that’s when I realized I said something wrong. “Arasso. Good job my student. You’re doing well.” I praised him while patting his head. He flinched at my touch and when I saw his cheek became redder, I just continue to pat him.

“But the questions were not that hard though?” I decided to again and he looked at me with a death glare. “Arasso. Eventhough it’s not that hard, you have work hard to get this,” I patted his head again.

“Stop patting my head or I’ll kiss you.” He threatens but there’s no way he’s gonna do that. I’m his tutor for god sa-

Time stops. What is this Kim freaking Myungsoo thinking!? He just kiss- Okay, exaggerated.  He just pecks my cheek. I stood up abruptly in shocked and unfortunately, the chair was too close to the lake. Slowly by slowly, I lose my balance and felt in the lake.

“Help me! Help me Myungsoo!” I screamed. Oh my god, I’m gonna die. “help!!” I shouted again.

“It’s not deep babo!” Suddenly I heard Myungsoo screamed beside the lake. Owh, I can feel the bottom of the lake. It’s not that deep. I looked at Myungsoo with evil mind.

“It’s deep babo! Help me!” I pretended to sink into the water.

“Sh*t!” He cursed. My acting must be convincing enough when he immediately jumped into the water in attempt to save me. When I saw he’s already in the water, I stand up and to his surprised the water is only on my chest level. I started to laugh out loud seeing his dumbfounded face.

“You lied to me!” He raised his voice but it was too funny I cannot say anything. After settled down, I finally looked at him.

“I’m sorry. It’s just not fair if only I got wet. Beside you’re the causes of this accident.” I said casually and going up to the ground again, followed by the poker face boy.  

He was quiet all along, maybe because he knew it was his fault in the first place. Our fishing program was totally ruined. The fishing rods were left there when Myungsoo and I went to the ahjussi’s house to borrow some clothes.

After knocking repeatedly, the door finally opened. “What..? Why are you two drenched wet? I thought you both went fishing not swimming.” Min ahjussi looked at us back and forth.

“We felt into the lake.” Myungsoo said, partially lied. “Can we borrow some clothes? I’ll return it back when I came back next time.” He added.

“Sure boys. Please come in first.” We stepped in the house while waiting for Min ahjussi to take the clothes. After a while, he came out with two sets of pajama. I guess he heard it wrong, we’re not going to sleep here, why did he borrow us pajamas? Nevertheless, we took the pajamas and changed our wet clothes.

“Thank you ahjussi,” We bowed at the middle-aged man. “I hope we can meet again next time.” I hugged him tightly. Although we just met, Min ahjussi really looked like a father to me. Myungsoo hugged him too and we soon walked to our car.

“I expect to get one or two fishes, turns out I got pajama for my wet clothes.” Myungsoo’s tone sounded sarcastic.

“Well, I expect to get one or two fishes, turns out I got a peck of kiss on my cheek.” My replied made him froze. The car’s key in his hand felt down and he carelessly took it back and put it in the hole.

Myungsoo twist the key but the engine didn’t want to start. He tried it again several times but still with the same results. “Err, Sungjong I guess we have some problem.”

“No no. Don’t said you car broke down. We have class tomorrow!” I exclaimed. He tried again but still failed.

“I think it can’t be help. It’s already night to search for help.” I sighed after hearing his words.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Knock knock.

I gulped down nervously. It didn’t take much time before the door opened again for the third times this night.

“Hello... Min ahjussi. Can we sleep here tonight?” God, it’s embarrassing. Just few minutes ago I said ‘I hope we can meet again next time’. This is all Myungsoo and his stupid car fault.

__________________________________________________________________________________

well, I don't have anything to say. Hope you enjoy~ :)