The One I Care For The Most

Life.

Onew’s POV:

Seriously, Minho?

He can’t just suddenly burst into tears! He must have a reason to do so. I called out his name when I saw the youngest run out the room.  Taemin didn’t react my call and ran away. I gave my very confuse dongsaeng a glare and chased the maknae.

When I came out of the room, Taemin was out of sight. I noticed that the gate was left ajar, so he must have gone out. I hurriedly put on my coat and rushed out, ignoring the questions Minho was yelling from inside the house.

I didn’t have to think where was he because I was always the one who knows his favourite spots.

When he’s depressed, where would he go again?

I followed my instincts and ran to the park. And there, I saw Taemin sitting on a yellow swing. His knuckles were white due to the force of his grip. He was sobbing uncontrollably, making me walk towards him.

“Taemin…” I said his name slowly.

“Why am I so selfish, hyung?” he asked, not wanting to look at me.

“No, you’re not, Tae… What makes you say that?” I sat on the other swing next to him.

“I am! Lying isn’t going to make me feel better, hyung!” he yelled, revealing his wet face.

I was shocked by his sudden outburst but it didn’t stop me from comforting him.

“Taemin-ah… I’m not lying. Now would you please stop crying and tell me what’s wrong? Hmm?” I let my thumb wipe one of his falling tears. He sniffed and looked up at me with that okay-I’ll-be-a-good-dongsaeng face.

“Do you think 2min exists?”

Again, I was surprised. Why did he ask me this question? Surely he didn’t cry because of 2min, right? Right?  I snapped out of my thoughts when Taemin pulled my sleeve, probably wanting the answer.

Does it exist?

“Of course.”  I replied with confidence.

I thought if I said that Taemin will be smiling and hugging me because he loved Minho.But what I expected was the opposite that happened. The tears that stopped flowing a few minutes ago were now back. I was cursing mentally at myself as I apologised to fragile figure.

“Minho… Minho-hyung hates me.”

What?

Is today “Surprise Onew Day” or something? Did that frog tell him that? No way. I can’t imagine our frog doing that. He’s much too caring.

“He thinks that I’m disgusting, hyung! H-He said t-that if w-we were a c-couple, it would be g-gross!!!” he tried screaming those words but his sobs prevented him from doing so. I couldn’t help but pull him into my embrace. He wanted to speak but I shushed him, whispering to his ears to relax and calm down first.

Once his sobs decreased and his breathing became normal again, he continued.

“I was selfish… Thinking that all this while he loved me.” He mumbled, his head burying in the collar of my jacket. That’s when I realised he wasn’t wearing anything warm in this freezing temperature. I took out my coat and placed it around him.

“Shh… You’re not selfish. I know you feel cold, so let’s talk about this in our dorm, okay?”

Much to my like, he nodded. I placed my arm around his neck as I accompanied him back to our dorm.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“So… what you’re telling me is that 2min isn’t real and all this while what Minho had done was just fan service?”  I asked to confirm. The maknae nodded in respond.

He stopped crying and all but I could see his heart-broken expression. I let out a sigh and then, I heard his stomach grumble.

“What do want to eat? I’ll cook something for you, wait, no. My cooking would probably come alive and eat you. How about we ask Key to buy us some food?” I suggested.

Taemin let out a sound that made my heart flutter. It was a chuckle.

“That would be fine, hyung.” He told me with his angelic smile. My mouth opened slightly as I stared at him.

“I feel like eating chicken. Tell umma to buy that. And hyung, close your mouth... I know how much you like chicken but you don't have to drool like that.” He spoke again with a grin before he left my room.

 

You think I can’t see how you really feel?

 

Oh please, Tae.

 

How can I not see through you when you’re the one I care for the most?

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Annyeong!!! So, yeah, this is why Ontae was tagged~ And please remember that Minho doesn't know what's going on. He doesn't know why Tae's crying and stuff... Yeah, he's a blur fella.

Anyways, thanks for subscribbing and please comment! :)