Too Caring

Life.

 

Minho continued laughing his guts out, while the other just stared at him in disbelief. 

Does Minho think this is funny?!

Before Taemin could yell at his hyung, telling him that this is no laughing matter, Minho stopped laughing and grabbed the younger by his shoulders. His face that was filled with comedy a while ago was now immediately replaced by a serious expression.

Taemin was scared, well, you could say terrified by now. And that was because of two reasons; one, Minho’s whacky mood swings and two, the way his hyung is holding him right at that moment.

Minho realized that Taemin was afraid because the younger was trembling and he could see the fear in the other’s orbs. With a sigh, Minho’s serious expression was yet again replaced, but this time with a romantic and pitiful gaze.

“Mianhe, Tae.”

Wut?

The maknae was seriously brainstorming on what could’ve caused Minho’s mind to be this coo-coo. Minho hadn’t done anything wrong, so why apologize?

“I know you want me to be your lover… But no matter how hard you try, even with Onew-hyung’s help, I-I just can’t.”

There.

That’s what it took to make Taemin let a tear escape from his eye once more.

“D-D-Don’t cry!” Taemin calmed down, watching his hyung panic again. It wasn’t frequent to see the flaming charisma this way. If Taemin wasn’t so emotional, he would laugh at his hyung’s actions.

“Before you get any ideas, I’ll tell you the reason. I was the first one to figure this out, and most probably, you’ll be the second.”

With a sigh and no word (or sound, well, except for breathing, duh.) from Taemin, Minho continued.

“You love me and I know Onew-hyung is helping you to get me. But I didn’t eccept your love, because…”

Taemin shut his eyes, preparing for the worst. Was Minho’s reason because Taemin was ugly? Or Because Taemin wasn’t a girl? Or maybe he just disgusts Minho Or-

“Because I’m helping Onew-hyung to get you.”

. . .

“I’m helping Onew-hyung to get you… Even if he doesn’t realize how much I’ve helped…” Minho repeated the reason, and added something at the last part in a whisper.

The hyung noticed Taemin’s innocent, confused face and inhaled deeply.

Explaining this to Taemin was harder than he thought.

“Don’t you see?” Minho asked, receiving a shake from his favourite dongsaeng as a no.

“I don’t want you because I feel that Onew-hyung is the best for you.” Minho said gently.

“ Onew is helping you get me because he’s willing to do anything for you, even if it meant giving up his true love! Get it? You. Are. Our. Leader’s. Love. He’s willing because he loves you, Tae!!!”

“I-I heard the way you treated him and I just want to let you know what I’ve just found out…”

You’re hurting our hyung without realizing it.

Please stop before Jinki-hyung is seriously hurt.

He was just trying to help you, Tae.

Correction: He was being an idiot who calls Jonghyun-hyung an idiot when he himself is an idiot who sacrifices who he love for the sake of someone else. That idiotic, caring hypocrite.

The pregnant silence was broken by the sound of the younger’s sob. His instinct made Taemin jumped into Minho’s warm embraced as he cried after realizing how cruel he was. Minho managed to persuade Taemin that he wasn’t evil or anything, he was just a little blinded by his love a.k.a. Minho himself, that’s all.

“Besides, who can resist my awesome charms?” Minho sort of asked, making the other smile a little.

“I-I guess you’re right…” he mumbled between light sobs.

That’s alright…

You didn’t hurt Jinki-hyung on purpose.

*sigh*

You’re lucky that I’m here to make you realize your mistake.

Because if I’m not here, you’ll probably end up hurting Jinki…

…like how he hurt me.

 

***

 

That instant, Kim Kibum dragged his best best best best best friend (people said that he was Key’s boyfriend but Key denied, saying that he was too fabulous to be gay), Kim Jonghyun, to their shared bedroom.

He shut the door, causing it to make some slamming sound but it wasn’t too loud to make others notice it.

“How can we ing not realize that!?” Key yelled.

“How can we, the people who are practically their family, have no ing idea on what was going on!!??” He yelled again.

“Since when was Minho smarter than me?” It was Jonghyun’s turn to voice out.

“Since forever.”

Jonghyun just turned at Key with an ‘Eh? Seriously?’ look while Key just glared at the elder.

“Seriously, I’m the umma of the group and they didn’t bother telling me!? Okay, maybe Taemin didn’t feel like talking about it but what about that frog?! If he knew that truth first he could have told me before telling Taemin at least! And that grandpa! Falling in love with my son! First I had to deal with the frog but now a pedo gramps!? Seriously, Jonghyun, what kind of creatures are our son attracting!?”

Jonghyun slumped on the bed while Key went on and on.

“Maybe this was why nobody wanted you to know anything…” The lead singer mumbled, hugging a pillow that covered his mouth.

“What?”

“Nothing!”

With a sigh, the umma calmed down and head towards the laying figure on the bed. Key leaned against Jonghyun’s cozy (well, according to Key, it’s very cozy alright) shoulder.  

“So what’s the conclusion, Jjong?”

“I guess you can say the three of them were involved with some love triangle and they were too caring towards each other that they hurt themselves for the sake of others.”

“That’s stupid.”

Jonghyun chuckled as he glanced at the other.

“You know, people do crazy things when they’re in love.”

“No… We didn’t do anything crazy…” The sub-rapper cuddled with the puppy-eyed.

“Are we in love?”

“No.”

“Then why should we do anything crazy then?”

“Forget what I said!” The blonde threw a pillow at the other when he laughed after seeing Key’s pale crimson red cheeks.

“But… Is there anything we could do? I feel so useless…” Key asked again, after settling down in a blanket with his hyung.

“I guess not. There’s not much we can do anyway…” The elder shrugged.

“True… Hey, Jjong…” Key called.

“Hmm?” Jonghyun turned towards the side, facing the younger.

“What made you feel like spying on them again?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe it was because Minho’s behavior…”

“Really? His behavior seems normal to me.”

“Minho being weird like that? That’s normal to you?” He asked, an eyebrow higher than the other.

“Isn’t he always weird?” Key questioned, making his eyes round and looking innocent.

The lead singer laughed. “Yeah, but I felt like something was off about him, so I was curious.”

“Something was off?” Key asked with the innocent tone again.

Jonghyun nodded before speaking.

“I can detect if something is wrong about that giraffe. Maybe because we’re best friends.”

“I thought I was your best friend!” The younger bolted up from bed.

Jonghyun held his waist and laid him down again. He pulled Key closer to him, under the covers. His arms never letting go the other’s waist, he closed his eyes as he snuggled and whispered,

“No, you’re my love.”