Fine

Life.

“Alright! That’s enough for today!”

“You serious?!” the lead singer asked, nostrils flaring up with a shocked face.

“You guys are good enough and we can always practise tomorrow.” Their leader informed.

“Well, that’s new.” Minho stated simply.

Truth was, they weren’t that good at it yet but it was enough. Like he said, they could always practise again. What made him really stop was their maknae.

Taemin was just not being himself. The energetic person he knew now was all pale and panting. And worse, the smile he had when dancing is gone.

I mean, even when dancing Lucifer, a serious song, he will still smile- no matter how much their choreographer told not to. He always says that he couldn’t help it. But what about now?  Not to mention they’re practising Dazzling Girl, a joyful piano-techno song, shouldn’t he smile at least a bit?

Onew leaned on the mirror of their dancing studio as the youngest went to the bathroom. The leader looked up with his eyes closed, groaning silently. He then looked down again and when he let his eyes open, their rapper was bowing down in front of him, to look at his leader better.

“Yes?” the eldest questioned.

“Nothing…” Minho stood up straight and handed him a bottle of isotonic drink.

“You just seem a little stressed up.” He told again as he squatted down in front of his hyung to be the same level as him.

“Y-Yeah… I guess so…”

“Just take care of our maknae, alright?”

“What?”

Minho stood up.

“Just keep an eye on Taemin, okay? The look on your face tells me that I’m not the only one who worries about him.” And with that he left the room.

I thought I was the only one who noticed Taemin.

_

 

“Hei, Tae…”

“Yes, hyung?”

“I think we should bring you to the doctor…”

“Alright.” I replied, with a smile.

I noticed Onew-hyung’s shocked expression, so I asked why.

“No, it’s just that you hate going to hospitals and clinics, don’t you?” he replied.

“I used to.”

No.

I still hate them.

 But I couldn’t protest this time because I really want to know what was going on with me. Many weird things happened to me nowadays. You don’t even want to know what they are. They are annoying the crap out of me too. It disturbs my practise, dancing and singing, and they even disturbs my sleep!

“I have already made an appointment for you. Get ready, we will be leaving at 2.” He told.

“You have already made an appointment? What if I protested when you asked?”

“I would make you go.”

I looked at him with a ‘you’re serious?’ face and he just shrugged. I chuckled a little at  his actions and he laughed with me.

Never knew some simple action can make me smile sincerely again.

 

_

“Y-You can’t be serious!”

“I am sorry, Mr. Lee but we will do what we can.”

“No!” Taemin screamed as he got up from his seat.

“You are lying!!!” he yelled once more.

I pulled him into my embrace as and let him sob on my shoulder.

I caressed the younger’s head gently as I looked at the doctor whose head looked down.

After Taemin’s died down, I informed the doctor the date that the maknae is free to take the surgery.

We didn’t exchange another word as we left the examination room. Until Taemin broke the silence in the car.

“Why me, hyung?”

“What?”

“Why me of all people..?” he asked expressionless.

“Tae…”

I just trailed off saying his name. I mean, how was I supposed to answer that question? Even I was asking myself.

Why him?

Why not me?

Why him..?

I snapped out of my thoughts when he requested something.

“Please don’t tell the other members.”

Now, that’s not something I’ll fulfil.

“Mianhe, Tae but no.”

“What you mean no?”

“I will tell our members.”

“Please hyung… I don’t want our members to worry about me.” He told me with pleading eyes.

“And how you expect the won’t worry if we keep it a secret?” I tried my best to concentrate on driving instead of looking at him too much.

“They wouldn’t find out-”

“Wouldn’t find out?! You might die and you think keeping it a secret would make them worry less??!!!” I couldn’t help but yell as I questioned him.

I guess it shocked him.

Cause now he was facing the window without saying anything.

Stupid, Jinki.

Now he’s upset because you screamed at him.

I want to say something but he beat me and talked first.

“You think… I’ll die, hyung?”

What?

I said that?

“N-No, I didn’t-”

“You’re right. Minho hates me. Might as well just die.” He chocked.

“Tae, it’s not even confirmed-”

“If god is nicer… Maybe Minho would love me before I die and then I could rest in peace?” he asked me with a smile.

The most painful smile.

I pulled over to the side of the road and well, yelled at him again.

“Taemin! Shut up!”

The mushroom headed froze and then hugged me.

“You won’t die. Don’t ever say that again! The operation would be a success, alright? Just- Just-”

“Don’t cry, hyung…”

I… am?

“I hate seeing you cry, hyung.” He whispered.

Yeah?

Think of how many times I had to see you cry.

_

 

The moment we entered the dorm, Minho was seating on the couch eating cereal. At 7 in the evening. I pulled my hyung down, until my mouth was in the same level of his ear.

“C-Can we tell them if it’s confirmed?”

“What is?” Onew asked that rather loudly but luckily, Minho was too deaf to hear.

I placed my forefinger on my lips as a sign of asking him to slow down his voice.

“Can we tell them once it’s confirmed that I am diagnose?” I whispered once more.

The leader thought for a long time but in the end he agreed with hesitation.

“Wah! It has been a tiring day, hyung!” I exclaimed aloud to make Minho think that we just got home.

“Oh, you guys are back? How was the check-up?” I managed to get his attention.

“I was just sick…” I told with a cute smile.

The rapper smiled back as he offered me cereal that I declined while Onew-hyung looked at us with a frown.

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Minho asked his hyung with slight worry.

“I’m just worried about SHINee’s maknae here…” he stated simply.

Before I could send him a glare Minho replied.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine ^^”

Yeah.

Everything would be fine.

 

 

 

…Right?

 


 

WEEEEE! I'm back from Seoul! Awesome la there. So jealous of Koreans X)

So, what did you think about this update? I'm sure you guys expected it, right?