Better

Life.

Onew’s POV:

I slumped on the hard floor, not caring about the pain because I was too exhausted. I panted heavily as our maknae squatted down next to me.

“Hyung… Gwenchana?” he asked in a worried tone.

I mumbled my answer. I guess Taemin didn’t hear it clearly because he shook me violently and asked the same question again.

“I’m fine, Tae…” I told as I got up and leaned against the wide mirror, still panting slightly. Taemin laughed at me, saying that my stamina was horrible.

No, it’s not that my stamina is weak.

It’s just that yours is stronger.

“Yah! I know that your stamina I good. You don’t have to rub it in my face. Besides, Minho has better stamina than you…” I told him with a mehrong. I slowly placed my tongue in my mouth when I saw Taemin’s expression changed.

You, pabo.

I cursed myself like crazy mentally. How I forget!? The reason we actually came here to dance is to distract Taemin from Minho, who was in our dorm. The younger didn’t want to see his face for a while, so I suggested him to go to the dance studio.

I always knew that dancing is his inspiration and it could distract him really well. And well, I have to learn how to dance the second verse of Dazzling Girl, so who would be a better choice to practise with than SHINee’s main dancer?

“Taemin, I am so sorry! I didn’t mean to-”

“Sorry? For what, hyung? You didn’t do anything wrong.” He said as he gave me a fake assuring smile.

I sigh and still regretted what I said but snapped out talking to myself when Taemin whined that he was hungry.

“We can eat ddukbokki! At the place where-”

I was cut by Taemin’s phone.

“Ahh… Give me a second, hyung!” He told and answered the call.

About two minutes later, he put down his phone.

“Who was it?” I didn’t want to be nosy but I couldn’t help to know about my dongsaeng’s caller.

“Minho-hyung.”

“He bought dinner for us. He told us to come home quickly before it gets cold.” He stated and with a smile, he said “kaja!”

Damn you, Minho.

I nodded and followed him. On the way home, we joked and even bought some sweets, eating it before we reached home.

I opened the door and walked into our dorm, only to spot Minho in the kitchen. He was very concentrated on mopping the floor that he didn’t notice our presence. Taemin peaked from behind me to see his favourite hyung. I have to admit that his action was cute.

“Minho-ah…” I broke the silence first.

“Oh! Hyung, you’re back already?” he questioned me.

“No, Minho. Your Onew-hyung is not back yet. I am just an illusion.” I answered with sarcasm, making Taemin giggle a little.

“Why are you mopping?” Taemin asked.

“Because Key is not here. And I know neither of you would do it.” He stated the obvious.

“True that… Anyways, what did you buy?” I went to the kitchen, hopping from tile to tile, trying my best not to step on the wet ones.

“Fried rice.”

I saw Taemin his lips.

“Where did you buy?” I asked as I took up the plastic and observe it, looking for chicken.

“Oh you know, the place opposite of the post office…”

I just nodded.

“HYUNG!”

I jolted up due to the shock, trying to catch the plastic filled with fried rice desperately. When I finally caught it, I gave it to Taemin to prepare it and glare at our second youngest.

“Sorry… It’s just that I saw Sulli at where I bought the fried rice.” He said slowly with a sheepish smile. I guess he didn’t notice what I saw. I saw Taemin tensed up after hearing what the other said.

“Yeah, what’s so great about her?” I scoffed, not looking at Minho.

“She’s my workmate, hyung… And she’s kind and smart. Not to mention, she’s beautiful.” He stated once again.

I couldn’t help but notice the soft sniffing from Taemin. Minho probably didn’t hear because he was now mopping the living room.

Minho’s ringtone went off and it made Taemin shake because boy, it was loud.

“Onew-hyung, Minnie-ah, Nichkhun-hyung told me to get the movie we wanted. I’ll be heading to his house and will be home as soon as possible. Go ahead and eat dinner if you guys don’t want to wait.” And with that, he left.

As expected, Taemin broke into sobs. He was on the kitchen floor, knees against his chest mumbling something about how Minho finds Sulli beautiful and him ugly. I kneeled down next to him, telling him that everything would be fine. His sobs subsided and he just kept quiet.

“You feel better now? Let’s eat then…” I told as I pulled him to stand.

“I’m not hungry.” He stated emotionless.

“Tae…”

“You heard me.”

“But…” I tried protesting.

“Y-You don’t understand, hyung…” he stuttered.

“You d-don’t know h-how it f-feels…” he continued as his sobs attacked him again.

“I know how it feels, Tae…  And not eating isn’t going to make it feel better, alright?”

“It hurts, hyung…” he uttered, barely a whisper.

“It’s okay-”

I stopped mid-sentence because Taemin wrapped his arms around me.

I respond to his embrace, making him relax and lean his head on my shoulder.

That’s it…

“I feel much better.” He whispered close to my ear, making me feel slightly ticklish.

I just nodded and caressed his soft, silky hair.

I feel better too.

 


 

I am super duper sorry for making it boring. I just needed to describe the affection of Ontae... I can swear the next chapter won't be like this... ><