Ridiculous

Life.

Days passed and everything was not same as ever. Jonghyun and Key were selected to act in a new Korean drama, so that leaves Minho, Onew and Taemin. Key was rarely home. That means that there’s no one to keep an eye on the maknae. Well, yes, Onew was there, but the younger usually listens to his umma or his favourite hyung, not the caring leader.

The fact that Taemin is in love with Minho is really getting on Onew’s nerves. No, it wasn’t because he was jealous or anything, it was because the love was making Taemin die. Taemin would be too depressed to eat and he often has nightmares whenever he lets his eyelids rest, causing him to have dark circles under his eyes.

“Hyung…” a weak voice called out.

“Yes, Minnie?” Onew answered, clearly.

“You’re not asleep yet?” he asked.

Onew got a glance at his glow-in-the-dark-watch (He wears a watch when he sleeps. He says it’s more convenient) and saw 3 digital-shaped numbers formed on the screen, stating:

4.45 AM

“Nope… I woke up an hour ago and now, I can’t sleep.” His hyung lied.

Truth was Onew had woken up recently when he heard Taemin tossing and turning under his bed bunk.  The leader had gone to many vocal lessons that he actually learnt how to make him sound like he was wide awake when he’s not.

“How come are you still awake, Tae?” he questioned back.

“I’m not sleepy…”

It was obvious that Taemin was lying. His voice gave it all away. Onew wanted to stay awake for the maknae a little longer but his stamina failed him. It wasn’t his fault that he had to walk all about SM’s huge building to search for their photographer who got lost.

Taemin heard the other’s slight snore, confirming that he’s no longer awake. He was alone again. His umma and dino appa had to go shooting at New York and won’t be back for quite some time while Onew was fast asleep in his shared room.  Then what about Minho?

Minho had to go back to his hometown because of his relative’s death. It has been about 3 days since the latter since he saw his tall hyung. It would be a lie if Taemin said that Minho’s presence wasn’t affecting him at all. He always had horrible and terrifying nightmares, haunting him not to be able to sleep. Food is now almost not a basic need for him anymore.

He got fed up of not being able to sleep, so he got up. He glanced at the digital clock on the table beside his bed.

5.00AM

Taemin push the warm comforter and jump out of bed. He then rushes to Key’s room. He knew that Key would be yelling at him if he actually enters Jongkey’s room. No, he would nag, not yell. He can’t possibly do that to his baby now, can he?

The moment when Taemin opened the door, he wasn’t surprised that Jongkey’s room was so neat and tidy. Everything was kept in its original place. Even though they didn’t use the room for long, it was still difficult to find even a speck of dust. The sight of the room actually made Taemin feel a little unhygienic. Why? Because the room that he and his hyungs shared looked like some dump compared to Key’s. It was so typical of Key to have a room like this.

“Jonghyun-hyung must have suffered on keeping this room clean to not get hit by Umma…” Taemin thought.

He entered the room, forgetting on why he was here. Taemin thinks that he has some memory problems sometimes. Was it because of his age? Impossible. Onew was 4 years elder than him and his memory is as good as an elephant. He thought hard and remembered. He walked his way towards a small shelf in the bathroom. He saw the bottle that he was searching for as soon as his eyes landed on the shelf.

“Bingo.”

He grabbed the bottle, shaking it to find out whether its contents were still there. And yes, they were. He opened the plastic lid and tilt the glass bottle downwards, facing his slightly sweaty palm. Shaking it gently, a brown pill landed on his hand. He closed the bottle and kept it exactly where he took it. He didn’t want Key to know why he needed sleeping pills, so he left the elder’s room without a trace.

After consuming the pill, the reaction was quick. He felt sleepy in an instant. Yawning, he crawled on Onew’s bed and snuggled onto him. He didn’t know why he was doing so but, it felt right. Even if he wanted to go back to his own bed, he wouldn’t have the energy to.

_

6.00AM

Onew groaned when his phone alarm rang. He rubbed his eyes and wanted to get up but stopped when he couldn’t. He turned to look at what was wrapping around his waist and he saw a beautiful sleeping figure. His arms were wrapped around him. The alarm got louder since no one went and offed it. Onew knew that the loud noise will wake Taemin and he certainly wouldn’t want that. God knows how long he hadn’t got a full rest. He moved Taemin’s arms from his waist carefully and reached for his alarm, quickly offing it.

Fortunately for Taemin, they wouldn’t be having schedules for a week starting from today. Their manager finds hard to only work with him and Taemin since the other weren’t around. Onew sat on his bed, caressing Taemin’s pale cheek. That’s when Taemin suddenly trembled. Onew panicked a little but stopped when he heard four words escape from the maknae’s lips.

“I love you, Minho-hyung.”

Onew stopped caressing and just stared at the younger’s expression. He was smiling. Taemin’s angelic smile showed his sweet happiness in his dream. Onew wanted to play with Taemin’s hair but he felt it was wrong. He felt that he shouldn’t love him because Taemin already gave his heart to Minho. He read Taemin’s expression once more.

“Why can’t you love me? Life would be easier that way.”

Onew shook his head. He felt selfish thinking that. It was Taemin’s choice for who he wants to love, not his hyung. The leader vowed not to say something as selfish and ridiculous like that again.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

SO SO SO SORRY for the late update. I've been studying cause of the exams. Mianhe! *bows*

Please inform me if there's any mistakes... And please comment~! :)