The

Life.

Onew staggered at every step he took. Thank god he knew the way to the nearest hospital. He didn’t know why the freaking hell no one was there who offered help. He didn’t even realized whether there was anyone around since he was far too busy concentrating on Taemin. But it was weird, you know? Even with disguises, some fans still recognize them, and here, the both of them are out in the open without a single clothing covering their face and yet no one came for them?

The elder panted, he was almost there. The hospital was just right around the corner. He couldn’t hear anything else except a long ringing sound, his vision were filled with tiny black dots and his head throbbed like never before.

Just a few more steps.

He said to himself as he thought about the younger. It motivated him to go forward despite all the pain he’s feeling. He reached the entrance of the hospital and right outside of the hospital, he couldn’t stand it anymore. His legs gave in and he fell onto his knees hard since Taemin’s weight was still on him. He would scream due to the pain but the leader just didn’t have the energy anymore. Right before his torso fell forward and his face touched the cold ground, he heard someone screaming at their direction. Maybe someone took notice? Onew prayed for the two of them to be safe before he lost consciousness.

 

*****

 

“What!? He carried him all the way there? Right, I’ll be there soon.” Minho almost woke up Jongkey who were asleep, snuggling up against each other due to his voice. The latter just came back from the gym like a typical day, grabbed some snacks from Key and bathed as usual. When he came out of the bathroom, he heard Jonghyun’s phone ring. He went and search for Jonghyun and saw him cuddling together with Key in his sleep.

Minho looked at the caller’s ID and saw their manager’s name. He figured that his manager probably wanted his hyung to buy chicken for him again, so he put the phone on silent. Then not long after, Key’s phone rang loudly with some SNSD song and that was enough to wake Key out of his slumber. He crawled towards his phone, eyes half opened and answered it.

“Mm. K, I’ll tell them to see you.” The blonde mumbled and hung up.

His eyes then averted to Minho.

“You! Go find that grandpa and my taebaby! Manager hyung wants to see them.” He mumbled and groaned before he went back to his sleeping partner’s arms. Minho looked at his hyungs in disbelief and let out a chuckle. He then called their leader and maknae but both didn’t answer. But he didn’t wait long, when his phone rang. However, the number was unknown and as an idol, he knew he shouldn’t answer it in case some saesang fans got his number, but he did anyway.

And he was glad he did.

Or he wouldn’t know that a hospital called him.

Without thinking, Minho rushed out of his dorm. He didn’t bother to go get a coat in case it got cold or even wore a disguise. Hell, he didn’t even inform his other two hyungs about what he just heard. All that matter to him now was that s are in pain. And it wasn’t only one, it was two.

Yes. Apparently the witness saw him carrying Lee Taemin over to the hospital before collapsing. We found the boy’s phone and charged it. We called his recent caller in case they would be around the area, and that caller seems to be you.

He took a cab and went straight to the hospital. It didn’t help that the fact that the driver of that taxi was a fan of Minho. He wanted photos and signatures and such. The taller just gave him what he want but he kept asking for more and that made Minho yell at him. He never yelled at a fan before and he just broke his record. But he didn’t give a . Getting to the hospital to see s were his main priority right now.

Once reached at his destination, he gave money to the taxi driver, telling him to keep the change before saying a quick sorry. The drive gave a smile and left as Minho dashed towards the lobby counter. He demanded to know where was Lee Taemin and Lee Jinki admitted, and they did. He memorized both of their ward numbers and went up the elevator. He needed to press a button to get to the floor he want but there was a problem.

Taemin and Onew were admitted in different floors.

So who should he see first?

He hesitated but eventually chose the seventh floor were Onew was in. The elevator dinged and once again, he rushed finding for his ward.

728… 728…

He found the room and busted into it. He hadn’t been here for long but he already hated the chemical smell coming from medicine and antiseptics. He went straight for the bed, but it was empty. He searched desperately around the room, even looking under the green covers. He slapped himself on the cheek lightly for panicking and to gain back some senses.

He scanned around the room and realized it was used not long ago. It was like as if the patient ran or escaped the ward unattended.

And maybe, judging by Onew’s personality, he did.

Minho wasted no time and decided to go to Taemin instead. While waiting for the elevator to stop on the floor, his eyes wandered around that area and landed on a large, silver board. The board showed which floors were for which purpose. He scanned through it then his mouth went wide when he saw what Taemin’s floor was labeled as.

3rd floor – ICU

It was beginning to make sense now. His hyung probably ran to see Taemin despite his own health condition. He knew something was terribly wrong with Taemin, everyone did. But none of them thought it was this serious. And Taemin said it was nothing? This was dead serious. The latter couldn’t help but wonder whether his leader knew all of this in the place. But he knew Jinki as one of the wisest person he ever met. Surely, he would inform us if it’s something regarding our member’s health.

But then again, he would keep it a secret if Taemin asked him to. Did he do it for Taemin’s sake?

Minho groaned and punched the wall, wondering what the hell was taking the elevator so long. He gave up waiting and used the stairs to get downstairs. His legs were quick but he didn’t really run because the last thing SHINee need is for another member to get hurt.

Reaching the third floor, he was all sweaty as he walked towards where Taemin was. He needed to catch his breath for a moment and as he did, he thought about Taemin. He wondered whether Taemin knew he was having this illness. Minho came to a conclusion that he did and he just refused to tell us.

It felt off, since Taemin was the one who always opens up to everyone. He never thought that he was burdening others with his problems (and they were never a burden to s in the first place anyways), so why didn’t he tell?

Maybe, it was something really bad. Like… Like it was fatal or something.   

Minho’s pace went faster as his thoughts became more detailed. Taemin should take care of his health if he knew it was bad. Then Minho froze. All the puzzle pieces he was trying to find were connecting.

Taemin has a disease so bad that he didn’t bother to care about it since he was going to die anyway.

He knew his life time limit all this while.

And Onew-hyung probably knew about that chronic illness, which was why he begged me to spend time with him. To love him at least once before he leave the world.

But what hyung didn’t know that this was Minnie’s last day and he decided to spend it with his beloved hyung instead of anyone else. Is that what was going on?

He doesn’t know.

Minho was not far from Taemin’s ICU section when he heard a shout. He knew that voice like the back of his hand. It was SHINee’s main vocal.

 

 


 

I was planning to abandon the story but then again, why not continue? I apologize for my long disapearance and I hope you guys can still remember the plot (coz I couldn't and had to read it all again xD)