Towards

Life.

The above image is seriously Ontae btw :P 

Enjoy~


 

"It's beautiful, hyung."

"You're more beautiful." The elder replied making Taemin sit up straight and looked at Onew, letting out a scoff. 

"Since when you were so cheesy?"

"Since we dated..." The elder pinched Taemin's cheek causing the other to let out a dramatic yelp.

"Quit doing that... People's staring..."

The leader just chuckled but nevertheless followed Taemin's request. He glanced at his swatch brand watch and realized that the day was barely over. Looking around for some activities to do, Onew spotted some bicycles up for rent.

"Perfect." he thought. 

The taller was right though. On a wonderful weather like this, what can be more relaxing than to take a bike ride together around their neighbourhood's lovely garden? Which was why he turned to Taemin and pointed at the set of bicycles. 

"What?"

Onew rolled his eyes and dragged SHINee's maknae towards the place. 

"I would like to rent to bikes please. For two and a half hours." He told an old man who was standing next to the transportation. The ajusshi nodded.

"W-What? Rent it? F-For what?"

"For flying to Mexico, Taemin."

. . . . . . 

"Obviously for riding it, Minnie!" The elder laughed and ruffled Taemin's hair.

"Owh. Okay. But..."

"Hmm?"

"I-I don't know how to ride a bike..." the blonde said, barely audiable.

"OMG YOU SERIOUS!? I THOUGHT JONGHYUN'S THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW." Onew exclaimed and begin laughing hard, making the shorter blushed in fuschia.

Noticing Taemin's expression, Onew relaxed himself and smiled.

"Then, let's learn today."

 

 

***

 

"I DON'T WANT TO DO IT AGAIN."

"Aww, come'on... You almost had it that time.."

"WHAT IF I FALL AND DIE."

"You won't, okay? Just one more time?" 

Eventually Taemin agreed and he tried one last time. Putting one foot on the right padel and the other foot on the ground, leaning the flourescent blue bike against it. Gripping the handles tightly, he push himself and his bicycle forward. Onew almost screamed when he saw Taemin struggling to control the vehicle but the younger managed to get hold of it when he almost fell. Which still caused Onew to scream, in excitement of course.

At last when Taemin finally got the hang of it, they rode their bicycles together in the park where crispy, brown coloured leaves would fall as the passed by some trees.

Onew never felt happier in his life. Hell, he felt 5% happier than eating chicken and boy, that's A LOT of happiness.

The one who was supposed to be matured since he was eldest in his group out of the blue suggested to chase each other around with bikes and Taemin, being the playful one obviously agreed. 

And so, the chase began.

 

"Yah! How come you're faster than THE LEE JINKI?"

Taemin just giggled. He was surprised himself that he somehow miraculously ride faster than Onew. Well, the maknae was a fast learner afterall. 

And then.

*crash*

goes the bicycle towards an old maple tree.

"Hyung!!!" Taemin shrieked as he made a u-turn to his leader.

"Hyung! Hyung! Gwenchanayo?" the younger asked as he threw his own bike and kneeled down to where Onew was sitting with one knee up. 

The taller burst into a fit of laughter. "W-Wow Tae... Never seen you so worried before. You should have seen the look on your face!" he continued laughing.

Taemin didn't find it funny at all, making him slap Onew's leg, trying to tell that he didn't enjoy his hyung's statement. But Taemin immediately regretted what he did when Onew winced after the younger touched his leg.

Noticing Taemin's expression, Onew smiled. "It's nothing, really... Just a scratch."

"B-But it's bleeding a little..."

"Gwenchana... Arra, Minnie?" The elder knocked Taemin's head. Even with Onew reassurance, the dancer was still not convinced that his hyung isn't in pain.

Letting out a sigh, the leader then pecked Taemin on his pale pink lips, causing the other's eyes wide open but kissed him back nevertheless. 

"Don't get worried, okay?"

"Mm!"

"Promise?"

"Nae!" Taemin grinned happily as he and his lover made a promise sign together with their pinky fingers.

The younger got up and went to take his bike which he almost forgottten about, leaving Onew behind.

"Um.. I still need some help."

"Oh? I thought it was just a scratch?"

"... I didnt want you to worry.."

Taemin smiled warmly. "I understand." and soon helped Onew get up on his feet and lended him a shoulder as the leader limped together with his boyfriend. Nearing the bicycle, Onew heard Taemin pant as he felt hot breaths of air around his face. Onew chuckled. 

"Am I that heavy? Maybe I should stop eating chickens for a while... What do you think, Minnie?" he stopped chuckling and walking abruptly when he saw the younger's pale face.

"Taemin? Yah, Tae!"

At that very moment, Taemin closed his eyes as his legs gave in, making the both of them fall down flat on the pavewalk. Onew panicked. He shooked the fragile boy roughly a few times, wishing him to be concious again but his efforts were useless. The leader tried carrying the other but he himself could barely stand up. He took out his phone and Taemin's phone but to their unluckiness, both wouldn't turn on due to the lack of battery. Onew tried another option, putting his pride and SHINee's dignity away, he shouted, calling for help. However, no one came to their asistance.

Having no other choices, Onew stood up quickly with Taemin on his back, causing the flesh on his right knee to tear a little. As tears and blood dripped from the pitiful boy, he limped forward while carrying his lover. Ignoring the bicycles, he went off searching for any asisstance he could get. 

Taemin, his precious Minnie, is practically dying and here he, the one who was so called the angel's boyfriend, couldn't do anything to help his own lover. 

Did he even deserve to be loved by someone like Taemin?

Lee Jinki never felt so useless in his life.