Love II

Life.

 

“I still can’t believe we did that.”

“Hyung, just get over with it! If you don’t like it then–”

“Aniya!”

“Okay...Okay… Quite whining…” The younger whispered.

“What do you want to do now?” Onew asked.

“I don’t know… I just feel really full from eating and stuff…”

“Let’s take a stroll then.”

“Sure.”

And with that, the couple went and walked towards practically nowhere, next to each other. Onew hesitantly reached out for Taemin’s hand as they walked. Taemin caught his hyung hesitatingly to grab his hand. Being the impatient maknae he was, he himself took hold of the leader’s hand causing the both of them to blush.

“I am so not used to this…” Onew looked up at Taemin with a blush tinted on his well sculpted face.

“Well, get used to it…” was all the other mumbled out so quietly, but of course Onew heard it and gave his hand a gentle squeeze with a smile.

After walking for quite some time, the elder noticed Taemin shivering. Lee Jinki’s gentleman personality came out as he took his scarf and wrapped it around his neck, ignoring Taemin’s protest.

“What if you get sick?”

“I won’t.”

“As if.” Taemin scoffed.

Onew shrugged, as the both of them reached the exit of the beautiful forest. Onew was about to crawl into the sewage_ hole, but stop when he felt a tug on his right sleeved jacket. Turning behind, he was met by an angel’s face. But something was wrong with him, a worried expression was written on his face.

“Minnie? Waegureseyo? Is something the matter..?”

“H-Hyung… After we step out of this place, will we… will we… s-still be like this?”

Onew practically died a little inside, looking at Taemin’s worried puppy-like expression.

“Of course! Why won’t we?” the leader flashed his grin at the other.

Onew crouched down and went in, leaving Taemin standing there murmuring to himself.

“Because we’re not supposed to fall in love with each other, hyung…”

 

***

 

Entering the tunnel, Onew got bored, so he started talking. The echo made his voice sound so loud in the dark but the weird thing was there wasn’t any reply. Thinking that, Taemin might fall asleep when crawling ((A/N: asleep while crawling? …Whatever he does, its Onew Condition…)), which why he tried calling out his name. Having no response, the made a ‘U-turn’ and head the direction.

“Aish, seriously Taemin. How can you get lost in a tunnel with no junctions at all?”

“Eeep!”

“Taemin!!!” Onew panicked and stood up but because of his height, he hit the top of the tunnel and fell. But that didn’t stop him from doing it once more. Who knew that Taemin’s ‘Eeep!’ can make the rational leader lose control of his mind. Rushing out of the tunnel, not caring the scratches from friction, he thought of hundreds of things that could happen to the younger.

Coming out of the tunnel, he saw Taemin laying down, back facing him.

“TAEMIN!”

“SHH!”

“Wut?” the hyung peaked at the other’s expression, only to meet with gesture of Taemin’s index finger on his own lips with a face that said, ‘Hyung, shut up.’

“Why are you like sleeping here…?”

Taemin glared at his hyung and repeated the ‘shh’ once more. He called out to Onew with his hand to show the elder something. The other walked slowly towards Taemin and when he saw what was sleeping near him, he knew immediately why the younger didn’t follow him out.

 

 

“OH MY-mmppf!”

“Yah, hyung… These creatures are sensitive to sound, nae?”

“Ah, arraseo Taemin-ah.”

After a long time of observing cute bunny mischiefs, the maknae tugged his hyung’s jacket again.

“Hmm? What is it this time..?”

“It’s just… C-Can… Canwebringthesebunniesbackhome”

The leader just blinked.

With a sigh, Taemin tried saying it again, slowly this time.

“Can w-we bring it b-back home and w-well… care for them?” he shyly questioned.

Onew gave it a thought. Really, they are adorable but…

“I really love them and I swear I want to keep them as much as you do but, this is their home, where they belong. We might find it nice to see them every day in our dorm but to them, it’ll feel like jail.”

Nodding, the younger understood the meaning of freedom.

“We could always come back here again to see them again…”

“I guess so… I just love rabbits, hyung…”

“I know.”

And at that very moment, the two furry bunnies ran away and obviously, Taemin went chasing them, calling out ‘bunny-ah! Where you two going?”, while Onew chases the playful maknae.

The two SHINee members stop when they saw possibly another beautiful image of nature the second time that day.

There was a whole family tree of rabbits there, under an oak tree, surrounded by fragrant lavender.

Nothing can describe it by words. Two humans mouth were agape, staring at those furballs. White, hazel, oak, cream, beige, black. It was a miracle for Taemin. Which was why he squealed like mad. Onew wanted to ask him to keep down his voice, but he realized that these animals were not afraid of humans; or at least, not afraid of him and Taemin.

Taemin sat under the oak tree, tickling some bunnies. The bunnies rolled over and some nibbled on his finger, causing Taemin to giggle. Onew didn’t play with  the animals. Instead, he went and lay his head on Taemin’s lap.

“Move, hyung… I want more bunnies~”

Onew shook his head.

“Psh. Jealous.” The younger rolled his eyes, making Onew chuckle.

Before they knew it, the cute creatures were surrounding them.

Onew closed his eyes.

It was real.

He was here with Taemin, together, as a couple.

In a beautiful forest, surrounded by Taemin’s favourite animal; bunnies.

Doesn’t it sound too good to be true?

All of a sudden, a k-drama clicked into his mind.

Key always dragged him to watch some k-dramas together when no other members were there to hear him judge the actor/actress’s acting and fashion skill. Onew find it a little annoying because he wasn’t too fond of dramas (and basically he has better things to do) but he doesn’t mind it much.

 But he remembered one series that really captured his interest. It was a love story. A kind of typical one at first. However, as the drama kept on going with its episodes, he gotten really addicted to it. He adores the way how the heroin was so optimistic, fighting for the guy she loves. The heroin was a very funny character to be honest, while the hero was a serious business-minded person.

The drama showed all hilarious ways of how the girl would try to get the boy she likes. Eventually, after trying so hard, she succeeded. They were laughing and spending time together. Everything was just perfect.  Onew thought that it was the last scene since it was the last episode and all but boy, was he wrong.

Because what happened next was just…

Onew opened his eyes and breathed heavily. Looking up, he saw his boyfriend looking at him questioningly.

“Hyung, gwenchanayo?”

“A-Ah, nae.” He convinced the younger that he fine by using his fingers to ‘wrestle’ with a black bunny. Turning to the side, head still on Taemin’s lap, he looked at the coal-coloured creature. His eyes were there but his mind wasn’t.

It won’t be like that, Jinki.

It won’t.

Ignoring the doubts, he allowed himself to relax. He took a deep breath and that helped him put his mind at ease. Snuggling on Taemin’s lap, he drifted to sleep as the younger caresses his hair.

 

It won’t.