Selfish

Life.

Taemin’s POV:

“Tae, I want to talk with you about something.” Minho’s low voice uttered. I was drinking my banana milk beside my clumsy dubu hyung on the couch when Minho came and sat next to me. Immediately, I went and snuggle on his lap earning a smile from Onew.

“Okay, hyung.” I responded. My eyes still glued on the screen, watching a variety show where Key and Jonghyun-hyung were the star guests. It was sad that we couldn’t join them because of some photo shoot. I watched the show while waiting patiently for Minho to “talk” but he never said a word.

“Umm… Minho-hyung?”

“Yes, Minnie?”

“You said you wanted to talk to me about something.” I looked at him.

“I guarantee you won’t concentrate on what I am saying if you’ll be watching TV…” he pointed at the flat-screen television.

“Let’s go to your room then.” I suggested and dragged him into his messy bedroom, making Onew eye me suspiciously.

Once we entered his room, I slumped on his bed. I played with his already messy blanket and hugged it. I just love his scent that was all over his blanket. It even made me giggle.

“So, then… You know about the latest concert. Our fan service..?” he spoke.

I got up and sat on his bed, knees and legs on the bed and my backside between them. I nodded multiple times, excited to hear what he was going to say next.  I always get excited about our fan service. I don’t know why we have to call it that, I mean, whatever we did on stage was really happening in real life.

“You know the part when you were supposed to “kiss me”? I never actually thought that your lips would actually touch mine.” He stated.

“Did you like it?” I asked with a grin plastered on my face.

“Like what? The kiss? Heck no! Of course I don’t. I feel that it’s just wrong… What about you, Minnie?” 

I couldn’t believe it.

The excitement that was in my eyes was replaced with a shocked one.

“I mean…” he scoffed, then continued “It’s not like we’re some couple… It’s gross to think that we’re a lovely couple… I can’t believe that the fans did not notice this. Am I rig-”

I didn’t even realised he stopped mid-sentence because after I heard that two sentences, my mind went blank.

“It’s gross to think that we’re a lovely couple.”

Do you really mean it?

“I can’t believe the fans did not notice this.”

Why didn’t I notice this?

All this while, I thought Minho always loved me. Why didn’t I notice he didn’t love me back? It because I was selfish. I thought that all those sweet greetings, those warm hugs and even the pet name he gave me actually had a meaning.

But, I was wrong.

They are meaningless.

I then realised that Minho only has skinship moments with me whenever there’s a camera around or when we’re on stage. And I would be the one pouring my love towards him at home when he doesn’t feels anything back.  I was so deep in thoughts that I didn’t hear Minho calling me.

“Lee Taemin!” He shouted my name.

“Huh?”

“Taemin, gwenchana?” he asked as he came closer to me.

“Omo! Taemin! Are you crying?” He questioned again as he held my shoulders.

Am I?

I touched my face, surprised to feel  that it was damp and a little sticky. Just then, Onew opened door and rushed into the room.

“Is everything okay?! I heard you shouting Taemin’s name. At first I thought maybe you guys were playing until I heard sobs- TAEMIN! What’s wrong?!” he turned  around and saw me sobbing.

Stop it. Stop crying. You will look pathetic.

“Minho! What did you do to our maknae?!” He yelled at Minho.

“I-I -don’t know! He suddenly started crying!” my hyung stuttered.

It was not his fault Onew-hyung.

It’s mine.

I didn’t know what happened next because I shut my eyes tightly, only hearing Minho shouting “I swear hyung!”. I covered the both of my ears and ran outside, not caring who’s voice was calling my name behind me.

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

I know, I know. It's horrible. It's not easy to write a fanfic when your mum keeps coming up your room, asking whether you have done your revision. I promise I'll write better in the next chapter! ><