9

Now and Then: Our Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Your POV

I woke up the next day with my eyes a bit swollen.
“Great.. Just great..” I sighed and washed up.
*Should I go visit Eunji today? Yeah but I should call her first.* 


‘Ring ring’
‘Yobeosaeyo?’ Eunji spoke over the other line

“Eunji-ah!! How are you feeling?”

‘Ah, I’m doing better. *Achoo* Damn it, the weather’s really getting to me! Aish! So anyway what’s up?’

“Well, I was thinking of visiting you today! Is it okay? Can you tell me your address?”

‘It’s totally fine! And write it down okay? Sometimes you can be so forgetful! It’s..” I started writing down her address and hung up after saying goodbye.

 

Before I went, I thought of baking some banana cupcakes for her. So I grabbed my coat and headed over to the supermarket to buy some fresh, ripe bananas and other fruits she might like.
“Kamsahamnida!” I thanked the ahjumma at the cashier and hurried home.


I immediately started mixing the ingredients and baked them after.
By the time the cupcakes were done, I found a plastic container to put the food in.
“This should do it..” I packed everything and dashed off.
Eunji’s place was just 5 minutes away by bus so it wasn’t that far.

 

“Is this the place..?” I mumbled to myself and stared at a fancy 2-story house.
I rang the doorbell. Then a middle-aged woman hurriedly came out and greeted me. “Annyeong hasseyo! Eunji-agassi was expecting you Miss.” she bowed and I bowed back.

She led me to a room on the second floor and there was Eunji, sitting on the edge of her bed.
“Eunji-ah!”I exclaimed.
“Omo Hyerin! I missed ya so much!!”
I ran to her and we both hugged each other.
“How have you been? At least you sound better now. I was so lonely at school y’know..” I pouted and sat beside her.
“Aww mianhe Hyerin-ah! I’ll get better soon, don’t worry! So, anything new happening?” she nudged my arm.
“A-ani! N-nothing happened!” I started to get nervous.
made an ‘o’ shaped and she said, “Don’t lie Hyerin! C’mon, you can tell me!”
“Jinjja! Nothing really did happen.. Well except for that.. One thing..” my voice got more and more faint as I continued.
“Omo, what really happened Hyerin-ah? But if you don’t wanna talk about it, I’m not gonna force you..”
“K-kwaenchana.. I’ll talk..” So I told her about everything that happened, more specifically, with what happened between me and Byunghun.

 

“What?! I’ll kill that jerk right here and now! How dare he lay a hand on my best friend!” Eunji was furious after she heard me out.
“No Eunji, I don’t wanna bother with him anymore.. I just..”
“But Hyerin-ah!” she cut me off. “You can’t possibly act like nothing happened! What he did was.. You almost got-“
“I-I’m aware of that, but it was partially my fault too..”
“Hyerin-ah, you’re too naïve! Haven’t you even heard?! He’s the school playboy! He just does those things for fun and he shouldn’t get away with it!”
“Just calm down Kim Eunji!” I shouted at her.
Eunji’s eyes widened at my sudden explosion. Then she calmly said, “Hyerin, you almost got , okay? This—”
“But I wasn’t.. Eunji.. Don’t worry.. If he does anything more.. Then I’ll do something about it..”
“..Arasso..”
“Mianhae.. For shouting at you..”
“Ani! I should be the one to apologize to you Hyerin-ah!”
We both stared at each other for a second and suddenly started laughing.
“What are we doing. Haha. This is just like a drama.” Eunji laughed.
“You’re right! Hahaha!” I laughed along with her. “Oh! I made you some cupcakes! And brought some oranges and apples as well.” I showed her the plastic bag with the container inside it.
“Wah!! You’re awesome Hyerin!” Eunji took out the container and put it on her lap as she sat down. “Jjang! This is daebak Hyerin-ah! You’re good!” she said as she chomped on the cupcake. We just spent 2 whole hours talking about random stuff. Then I went home at noon.

 

*I should probably get my paper done..* I sighed and went on to finish it. Tomorrow, my parents were gonna come and visit me. It’s only been a few days but I already miss them. I’m an only child so of course I would be close with them.
*I hope tomorrow comes soon.. Oh! I should probably talk to Kaoru and Yuki! It’s been a while already..*

So I turned my laptop on and saw that both of them were online. I video called them and asked how they were doing. I told them how I missed Japan so much and them too, of course. We just continued chatting for about an hour and ended the call when both of them had to go out somewhere.
“Ja ne!” I waved goodbye at them and decided to surf the net awhile. I checked my Ameba, mixi and Cyworld accounts.
*I know these people from school..Oh I know this girl! And this guy too!* I just continued surfing for the rest of the afternoon and then realized that it was already 6PM.

 

I cooked some ramyun for dinner and decided to go to that café afterwards.

I headed down the street and I saw a poster plastered on the glass wall of the café that read:


‘Hiring waiters/waitresses. Age 16 above.

1st shift: 10AM-2PM // 2nd shift: 2PM-6PM // 3rd shift: 6PM-9PM.

₩100,000/week’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter