45

Now and Then: Our Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Mianhae!" You tried to catch your breath. "So slow." Byughun shook his head and took your hand. "Yah. At least you showed up this time." You punched his arm lightly. "Ow! So feisty!" He laughed afterwards.   Today was your first date after getting back together. You wanted to patch things up with him as much as you can.   You shuffled into a row, big bucket of popcorn in one hand. Byunghun holding the giant cup of coke. "We're watching 'Ahjussi' right?" you asked, depositing popcorn into your cheeks so you looked like a chipmunk. Byunghun chuckled at you affectionately.   "Ah~ Won Bin is so handsome isn't he?" you said, taking a sip of the coke as Won Bin appeared. Byunghun glared at you. "Kekeke." You snickered. "Yah, jagiya, slow down." Byunghun said. "You'll eat all the popcorn and I barely had any!" "Mianhe." You smiled, picking up a popcorn and putting it at his lips. Byunghun stared at you for a moment, before opening his mouth. You blushed when you realized what you had just done but luckily the dim lights made it hard to see.   Your eyes wandered over to Byunghun, who was clearly engrossed into the fighting scene. You stared at his side profile.  *Why is his face so perfect? And that voice and-..* You shook your head. *Stop thinking these things Kim Hyerin. You sound like a creep.* When you looked back at him, he was already staring back at you and you froze at the eye contact. He smiled for a moment and didn't avert his gaze. You felt his hand brush yours on the seat rest and you looked down. You could feel your cheeks heating up again. Your heart was beating so fast, you were sure it was going to fly out of your chest. Because you didn't back your hand away, Byunghun gained confidence. He slowly laced his hand with yours, smiling to himself while he did so. Your lips tugged upwards as you held his hand. He turned back to watch the movie, occasionally drawing light shapes on the back of your hand with his thumb.   The movie rolled into the ending credits, and the lights came on. You couldn't even focus on the movie - the whole time you were preoccupied on your hand holding Byunghun's. He got up, letting go of your hand to your disappointment. "Shall we go now?" he asked, picking up the empty popcorn bucket and coke up. You nodded and followed him out of the cinema, throwing the rubbish away as you exited. Byunghun stretched his stiff body out, pulling down his sunglasses as the two of you stepped out of the building. "Hm, what do you feel like doing now?" he asked. You shrugged, following behind him.   "Is that LJoe from Jung Shin Do?" someone said loudly. You turned to see a whole bunch of females staring at your direction. "You know those girls?" You nudged him. "Ignore them Hyerin." Byughun mumbled. "Who is he with? His little sister? Let's go say hi!" The girls made their way over to Byunghun. "Ugh.. Well, this is gonna be fun." He grumbled and turned around as well.   "Hi LJoe!" One said, batting her long, thick, spidery lashes at him. Byunghun didn't respond and plastered on a cold front. The girl pouted as she didn't get a greeting back. "Yah." You nudged and whispered to him. "You should be nice to girls y'know."   Byunghun clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter