4

Now and Then: Our Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up feeling crappy today, just totally crappy. Feeling the need to energize your mind and body, you went out for a walk in Yoyogi Park. When you arrived, the scenery was so beautiful that your mouth gaped open and you just stood there in awe. You took a good look at everything around you. The tree leaves were starting to turn into autumn colors as it was early September. The fountain looked so pretty being highlighted by the rising sun. There were families out on their walks and children playing tag with each other. It made you feel at peace but melancholic at the same time. You’ve never seen anything so beautiful in your life. You’ve been here numerous times but never really noticed the details. *Maybe this is how it will be over there. Peaceful and beautiful.* you tried to think positively and sat down on an empty bench.

“Ahh how nice it~ if only it would be like this all the time.” Getting your iPod from your pocket, you listened to Kana Nishino’s Alright. It cheered you up a bit with its upbeat rhythm as you bobbed your head to the beat. 
You continued on doing that for 30 minutes, just enjoying the view and the cool fresh air. “Yosh!! I’m gonna do this thing! Ganbatte Haruka!! Hwaiting Hyerin!! Korea, I’m coming for you!” You muttered to yourself quite loudly as you fist-pumped in the air. After your walk, you made your way home to get ready for your flight.


‘Flight 259 Bound for Seoul, South Korea is now available for check-in. Flight 259..’ The announcer said over the PA.

“Haru~ we’re gonna miss you! So much! Don’t forget us ne?!?” Yuki sounded really sad.
“I promise to keep in touch you guys! Okay?” you said, reassuring them.
“Call at least every week okay?”
“I will Kaoru, maybe even everyday. Haha.” you laughed.
You were surprised that they were here to bid you goodbye for the last time. They skipped class just to come here. It really touched you, you couldn’t ask for better friends than them.

‘Last call for check-in for flight 259 bound for Seoul, South Korea. Please check-in now to avoid cancellation of flight’

“Haru, we have to go now.” your eomma informed you. “Yuki, Kaoru, thank you for being such good friends to my daughter. I’m sure you’ll see each other again in the near future.”
“We will, I’m sure of it, oba-chan.” Kaoru smiled.
You had to leave now. Your friends waved their hands at your family and they waved back. Suddenly, they shouted, “Ganbatte ne Haruka! We know you can do it! We love you Haru-chan! Faito-oh!!”
“You guys..” you started to tear up.. “I will. I’m sure I can do this.”

 

 

note:

From hereon out, they're speaking Korean unless stated otherwise, italic means they're speaking Japanese. /sorry for the interruption/ you may continue xD

 

 


It was a short hour and a half long flight to Seoul. As soon as you stepped on the airport, you were amazed at how pretty Incheon Airport was, with all the shops and lights there. When you went out of the airport, you felt a cold breeze that went by. “Wah~ it’s even colder here than in Tokyo!” you exclaimed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter